PDA

View Full Version : Mod Big Dog 100

33Munky34
08-20-2006, 12:04 PM
Ok, it is now one week until the Big Dog 100 mod race. I was just wondering if there is any info on this race yet. Purse, cost to get in and things of that nature.

CJfilms
08-20-2006, 12:33 PM
I have just posted something up on the Mountain speedway site, check it out...I think I posted it up about five minutes after you posted this!! lol

33Munky34
08-20-2006, 02:54 PM
Yeah, I see that now, lol. Just one other question: what are they paying to take the green?

Geno
08-20-2006, 07:32 PM
Joe told me that the purse is the same as last year, which was:

BIG DOG PURSE
$3000 to win
2- $1500
3- $1250
4- #1000
5- $700
6- $600
7- $500
8- $450
9- $425
10- $400
11- $375
12- $350
13- $325
14- $300
15- $290
16- $280
17- $275
18- $270
19- $260
20- $255 - up to 34 cars
(21-24- $250 over 35 cars)

33Munky34
08-21-2006, 01:23 AM
Thanks Geno, I can't wait, this should be an awesome race.

NEETS-1
08-21-2006, 05:42 PM
St. Johns,
PA
For any event questions contact;
Co Promoter- Billy B at 570-881-9591 after 6PM
or E-MAIL billyb@neetstour.net
www.mountainspeedway.com
SUNDAY AUGUST 27TH
“The Modified Event of the Season”
2- $1500
3- $1250
4- $1000
5- $700
6- $600
7- $500
8- $450
9- $425
10- $400
11- $375
12- $350
13- $325
14- $300
15- $290
16- $280
17- $275
18- $270
19- $260
20- $255
up to 34 cars
(21-24- $250 if over 35 cars)
$3,000 TO WIN
Gates open at 12 noon • Driver meeting - 4:15pm • Racing starts/first heat - 5pm
• Practice from 2-4pm (Happy Hour style) 2 -20 min sessions Mods only
"BIG DOG" CO-SPONSORS - National Auto Exchange, Finish Line Racing Parts,
Special Vehicle Services, Balliet/Toole Inc., Balliet's Country Corners
FORMAT
• Mod heats-12 laps
• Truck heats- 8 laps
• Thriller/FS heats- 8 laps
• Mod Consi- 20 laps
Driver introductions - front straight
• "BIG DOG" 100 Lap Mod main event
• Truck main event- 30 laps
• Thriller Thirty- 30 laps
ADMISSIONS
NO Registration fees for any division
PIT PASS ALL - $35
GRANDSTAND -
$18 Adults
$15 Seniors/Children
Under 7 FREE
RULES
Normal RoC Mod rules apply
All MS Safety Rules apply
MS Procedural/General rules apply
Super Pro Trucks
Riverhead/Wall/ARTS are legal
Thriller/FS= MS regular rules
SPECIAL NOTE
100 MS bonus points will be
awarded to all Mod/Thriller
teams attending event
MOD TIRES
• May run practice, heats, consi on
tour or MS tires.
• 1330/20s are available at the
track on race day
• Must have Track tires to
qualify and run Main event.
TRUCK TIRES - Can use your home track tires
Thriller/FS TIRES
MS Track tire
THIS IS AN EVENT YOU WILL NOT WANT TO MISS!!!
100 Laps of pure Full Blown Modified power hitting the Asphalt at Mountain Speedway
ALL GREEN FLAG LAPS
Many big name Mod drivers from all over the Northeast have committed to attend this special event. A list that looks like it could be any Whelen or RoC tour race. You'll see many of the Northeast Hot Shoes, all our great regulars, other top home track drivers, plus many more big names that are making the decision right now.

33Munky34
08-21-2006, 07:27 PM
I'm not sure if I am reading this correctly, but are they only starting 20 cars in the feature? I would think they could start at least 28-30 on a track like Mountain if not more. The RoC race at the other track starts 26, and it is a fish bowl.

W. J.
08-21-2006, 07:39 PM
Look at the press release again. It states they will pay positions 21-24 if over 35 cars enter.

thriller 34
08-21-2006, 09:16 PM
The thriller cars win for the thriller 30...I know about the 100 point bonus and all, but is this going to be a normal pay out race, or are they racing for a larger purse?

richardpetey
08-21-2006, 09:44 PM
If you put mod tires on your thriller, you'd get more show up money than if you win the killer thriller feature............................. :help:
UNCLE PETEY............. :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

BlingxBling
08-21-2006, 10:24 PM
Will there be a buy in??

Geno
08-21-2006, 11:09 PM
Being a Sunday- No starting engines until 12:30 :wave:

01Legnd
08-22-2006, 08:25 AM
What happen to the legend show on Sunday? Klascar's site says they run on Sunday? Would like to make the trip, but will we run?
:confused:

CJfilms
08-22-2006, 11:45 AM
I just got off the phone with Joe Call. The Legends are going to run this weekend!!!

It's been reported that there will be around 20 cars, so this race will take place.

vsmidge68
08-22-2006, 12:42 PM
Ok just wondering...Mods are running first? If so will there be a time limit? Or should I book a room for Sunday night, too? :wave:

NJ Chick
08-22-2006, 01:25 PM
I realize someone has to go last, but wouldn't it make more sense to have your Main Event (Mods) be the last event of the day/night? Now that yet another division has been added to the show, what will the running order be now? :help: Since it is a Sunday show that doesn't start until 5:00 p.m., and most of the audience will leave right after the mods run, all the other divisions will only be putting on a great show for the crickets :disgusted

Geno
08-22-2006, 09:55 PM
Since so many divisions are now running Sunday, it might be a good idea for some drivers in all divisions to bring some candy or something along (should definitely be some free time for the drivers) to pass out to the little ones in the stands. A great way to gain some new fans, plus a good way to get rid of the candy from the autograph night rain out. If anyone decides to, we’ll try to give ya a plug over the mic.

BlingxBling
08-23-2006, 08:22 AM
So let me make sure I got this correctly. Unless 35 or more cars show up, only 20 Modifieds will take the green? If more than 35 show, 24 will take the green? The PR is quite confusing.

Tires, Tires, Tires... ok so it says "Must have Track tires to qualify and run Main event." but yet two bullets above it says "May run practice, heats, consi on tour or MS tires". How are you going to qualify if you are using Tour tires in the heat and/or consi? Or is it you only have to use MS tires for the main event?

Modifieds, Trucks, Thrillers, AND Legends?? Isn't there a 10pm curfew on Sunday?

RGeeProductions
08-23-2006, 09:20 AM
I believe what I have read above is ONLY PAYOFFS, NOT STARTING FIELD.....

nobandwagonhere
08-23-2006, 12:00 PM
Ok so Ill be the thorn. Lets break it down. Heats start at 5pm. 4 divisions. Now now were talking 7 pm (plus consis). Drivers intro.....now were looking at 8 - 8:30pm. Mods go first....(lets be realistic). Now were looking at anywhere from 9:30 - God knows when, depending on drivers attitude and focus. So how long after that do you really think it will take to run 3 more divisions? Even if they breeze through the next 3, you're still talking midnight the latest. Thats pretty rough on a Sunday. Granted...some of us seal our own fate by driving 200+ miles to run, but even the guys driving 45 mins - an hour to get there won't be home till 2am. I know it's a little late in the game, but what are the chances of maybe bumping everything up and starting the drivers intro at maybe 5pm - 5:30pm? Just asking. We plan on coming, but Monday mornings are hard as it is...know what I mean? :help: :drool: :help: :wave: Also, is BLING-BLING correct by saying there is a 10pm curfew? If so, Then we might as well stay home and wait for the make-up date for the Thrillers. :confused: :confused:

CJfilms
08-23-2006, 03:37 PM
ok...maybe this will answer a few questions...

Tires - Mods can PRACTICE ONLY on tour or MS tires...must run HEATS/CONSI and MAIN EVENT on MS TIRES.

Start Time - It is late, but it is based on the idea that all divisions will run clean; if that is the case, we would be looking at leaving late but not too too late. The start time (4pm) was based off of last year's schedule...but that included just 3 divisions...Mods/SS/Thr. Also, last year the Mods didn't run all green flag laps...laps 25-75 were counted even under caution. Now with the 4 divisions running, it may be a little rigid, but let's face it... Legends and Trucks usually run quite clean and the heats/features go by quickly.

Legends - Originally it was stated that they would not be returning to the Mountain this season...therefore, they were not included in this show and their dates were removed from the schedule. I was informed that they would be running this weekend on Monday. I was not given any reason behind the change, nor did I ask for one... I hate to say it, but there should be no discussion about the Legends here, you won't find an answer behind it here. The fact is they are running, they put on a good show, and they are typically a fast show. That's all I can say for the Legends addition to the Sunday schedule.

Format - I am not aware of a change in the format as of right now...I don't know exactly how the legends will be fitted into the schedule, whether it is before the trucks or after thrillers or whatever, I don't know... This information will most likely be announced Sunday at the track...maybe Billy will say something to the Thrillers on Saturday, I'm not sure!

Make-ups - Again, the press release states the races will be rescheduled! That is all the info I have about that. The only event that was rescheduled that night was the autograph night. These questions will be answered at the drivers meeting, because I'm sure they will be brought up...if not by Billy, then by a racer. If new information comes to my attention, I will make sure it is on the Mountain Site ASAP...or at least here, posted by either Billy or myself.

Curfew - There is NO curfew on Sunday nights...the only restriction is that a race cannot start if it will end past midnight. In other words, we won't start a 30 lap race at 11:45, but it most likely will run at 11:10...and if it's sloppy (lots of cautions) the time limit will be enforced.

I hope this answered a few questions...the weekend is only a few days away, so everything will be cleared up soon. Just be patient, please...

33Munky34
08-23-2006, 05:55 PM
I still haven't gotten my question anwsered about how many cars they will start in the feature. I know it says if there are 35 cars they will pay to 24th, but is doesn't say that they are only going to take 24 cars. Please, Billy or Geno, clear this up for me.

Geno
08-23-2006, 06:57 PM
I'm not 100% sure for this year. However, last year 25 cars signed in and 24 started the feature. Hopefully Billy can answer for this season's race.

BlingxBling
08-23-2006, 10:28 PM
Oops...sorry for the misinfo...someone once told me that there was an early curfew on Sunday. Thanks for clearing that up.

NEETS-1
08-23-2006, 10:55 PM
Ya want ta hear a funny one??? I come on my own forum and find out that the Legends are back on the schedule, Hmmmm. Last I heard, they were not returning because they lost their sponsor....reason why I scheduled the Thrillers for this day (to replace the legends).
Well, this changes everything. It's too late to call Joe Calv. now, but I will tomorrow and find out what changed somebody's mind. 4 divisions starting on Sunday night at 5pm is not impossible, but makes it harder on everybody. Don't worry, I'm sure our officials will do a good job on getting the show in and nobody going home not racing. Personally, I like the Legends....they put on a great show and usually do a 6 minute caution free feature.
Hey "Munky", the ad says 20 cars start up to 34 cars registered and 24 if 35 or over registered. It's pretty cut and dry...but you know the drill at Mountain, we say that but I'll bet we start 24 cars minimum no matter what. It's not a promise, but that is usually the norm....plus the caliber of drivers that show up makes a big difference, also.
Well, I got to get to work on a new game plan, so I'll see you all Saturday and Sunday....Good luck to all teams attending. :applause: