PDA

View Full Version : Championship Race

DOR 58 FIGURE 8
08-24-2006, 01:36 AM
Hey, Did everyone see the Eye On Riverhead this week? Well, the track decided to change the last Non-Point race to a point race. Here is what it says on Riverhead's web site.....
Bulletin, Bulletin!!!! The Figure Eight, Charger and Blunderbust races on Saturday September 16th will be point races!!! That’s right the races which will all carry extra purse $$$ will now be point paying feature events. These discussions started July 22nd after our third rainout of the year and have come to fruition. Not only will they be point races this year, but also in 2007 and years to come so make note of this change.
:confused: Not sure if that is a good choice or not. :confused: What do you think?
I'm sure Tommy Kraft isn't too happy. :*-( After all his hard work and Ricky's I can't blame them. Oh well, Good Luck to everyone in the run for the Championship!!

FERGBIZZ
08-24-2006, 04:27 AM
Dor, Ricky, Tk, and the rest of the gang knew this was coming, I think.... it's not a surprise to me what my pops has been able to do this year, but I have never been so proud of him. He has taken all the negative talk that everyone has had about him and turned it into positive. Going into the year, it was supposed to be a 2 car race in everyone else's mind. You know he always told Kenny to prove everyone wrong and Kenny did in '90, winning that first feature. Pops has a real good car with probably 1/2 the funding those guys have. I don't care, championship or not Dad, this is our best year ever because we're not supposed to be able to hang with these guys. I've never been more proud of you. Now let's go out and finish the deal. You're the best there is, now it's time to show everyone what I've know for years TK.

ps posted under the wrong name, but it's FKraft99.....

Freddie Kraft

leah28racing
08-24-2006, 02:18 PM
It's gonna be hard to overcome the point lead your father has Freddy, but it's not over yet. No one ever said your dad wouldn't be competitive either, though, but when it does come to our fathers, we are very defensive and over protective of them.

RickFigure8
08-24-2006, 11:08 PM
Yeah I was kinda figuring it would happen. I'm not really sure why as I think we have already run more races this year than we did last year but so be it. It's just another race. I too am not so sure about having a point race also be an extra money race but Roger, George, and Tommy will all be exposed equally to whatever good or bad effects it has on the race. All three are very capable of pulling this off. Who knows, lol, maybe it will rain one or two of the weeks.

Rick