PDA

View Full Version : How much more are you going to take????

chiefofone
08-24-2006, 06:42 PM
Question- Is Riverhead the best Track to Race at?
Question- Are you willing to travel to have fun and fair racing?
Question- What rule change or fine would it take for you to leave?

I have been there, and even though N.J. is far, it's far better than the Bull____! Either get together and fight for what you believe in or leave......
Writing your disagreements on this forum will get you nowhere....The money and time you spend on your cars are worth a fair race... Good Luck!

Chris (Crew Chief of Ray Minieri)

Mortgage Guy
08-25-2006, 02:52 PM
Chris what would they do with there 15-20k race cars, you guys had to build a new one didn't you?? Where is your old car?? By the way the new one was very fast last time I saw you there.

RacinRob
08-25-2006, 03:44 PM
somone at riiverhead has the old one ready to be clipped.

chiefofone
08-25-2006, 04:12 PM
most charger cars can race at wall.motor has to be in stock location and other smaller rules. check web site for rules.. As for our old car it was sold a couple of months ago. Dont remember who bought it but, I bet you will see it soon enough. For all you leaf spring guys ... you are all owed to use a Camaro Chassie at Wall. Come down for the turkey Durby and see if you like the track..Or come before that to watch some races..We are racing into October. :cool:

Chris

Jaws
08-25-2006, 07:56 PM
I have ben to Wall, the Chargers would have make many changes to be legal there or build new cars.

And don't make everything at Wall out to a bed of Roses, they have there problems too.

Make it work here on Long Island, form a drivers/owners association work with the track.

Or you all will be making long commutes to race.

RacinRob
08-25-2006, 11:04 PM
just to put this out there.....my uncle used to race at riverhead in the 90's when bob o'rourke was around. My uncle got upset with some B.S that was going on with the track and told Bob "im leaving and never coming back to this ****HOLE. Bob responded with "you can leave but this is the only show in town and traveling is too expensive. You will be back." My uncle came back the next week.

nobandwagonhere
08-26-2006, 01:47 AM
That was back when you had to actually qualify your car to get in the feature. Now, the officials are begging people with backup cars to put somone in them just to get a field. You do the math. Granted, there is B.S. at any track you go to. Its part of the game. But times then were different then now. The walls are crumbling at Riverhead. A smart shopper would start looking for another track to run now before they lock the gates here. It may be the only track in town, but its NOT the only option. Dont get me wrong, Im all for the preservation of Long Island short tracks. Or should I say,..track (seeing how its the only one left). But apparently management is not. Ive been around this track a long time. And this is the worst Ive ever seen it. Its a shame......but its reality. :help:

chiefofone
08-26-2006, 09:48 AM
In short, all I am saying is that compaired to Riverhead Wall is worth the trip and money worth spent to travel to N.J. every week..

Chris

From what I hear is that RiverHead wont last to much longer.I was told the the Town of RiverHead was talking to Top Gun ( a company that wanted to build a family park with a race track) to build a track in Yahpank. That was after they tried to build a track in Calverton...
Anyone hear anthing else...

LongIslandJam
08-26-2006, 10:13 AM
I don't want to ruin anyone's parade, but I can't just stand here and let everyone jump on bashing Riverhead.

Does Riverhead have its share of problems (oh yes it does). So does Wall, Mountain, Mahoning, Stafford, Thompson, Waterford, Chemung, etc... Of all the aforementioned tracks I've heard horror stories, and I've heard some great things. However, each and everyone tries their best to do their best. Some excel at some things better than others, but all try their best.

I am in no way discourging anyone to visit another track. If you got an off week, go ahead, try it. It will give you a different perspective.

However, when we founded the Jam 7 seasons ago, we aimed at promoting LI Racing, and ironing out the issues. This is not producing anything productive.

So we'll close this on that note.