PDA

View Full Version : Last Man Standing

NEETS-1
08-26-2006, 01:53 PM
I keep getting drivers/teams asking for a "true to the bone" enduro....throw away cars...cars left on the track where they die...a zillion laps...etc,etc.
I try to keep our NEETS series as true to form as I can, but I also look at the safety aspect during our events. To date we have not had a major incident or injury due to the fact we run the races as we do.
I may think about filling in the void between the Beaters (1st sat in Jan.)and the April fool event (1st Sat in April) w/ an event such as this somewhere around Valentine's day weekend if you really want it. Of course it will be a non-points event. I say Valentine's day because we all wish for snow at one of our events and so far, we have not had any kind of accumulation. Valentine's day should prove differently going by years past..
The rules will be "true junk" and the race event will last until the last car is running or a 2 hour time limit. If more than one car is still running, The prize will be split betwwen them. Cars must not stop for more than 30 seconds. Over 30 seconds will be out of the event. The "LAST MAN STANDING" should be a fun race. (and of course a party afterwards :cheers: )
What do you think???
PS- Being that it is Valentine's Day...Everyone should have a "heart" on for that race :eek:

EnduroFromDE
08-26-2006, 04:23 PM
I can't wait this will be so :cool: cool!!!!! :cool: I do have some consernes and thoughts!!
You said not stoped for thirty seconds. is this including pit stops for tires?? No way a car can last that long with ONE right front tire :disgusted Or if a car is black flagged for dragin bumper or pipes? At least 3/4 the cars pit during a normal NEETS 100 lap race.

spier racing 93
08-26-2006, 06:17 PM
i am soo in for this

rpkulik
08-26-2006, 08:23 PM
Sign me up!

richardpetey
08-26-2006, 08:51 PM
Sounds like a 30mph rolling demo-derby to me...................... :eek:
The only good thing is, you might be able to snatch a car from the boneyard and win with it, hehe.............. :help:
I might be in Daytona the week of Valentine's day but, ya never know, I might drive a "crushable" all the way from Florida right onto the track.............................. :rolleyes:
UNCLE PETEY....................... :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

NEETS-1
08-26-2006, 11:29 PM
There will be NO pitting Sappman....anyone going in or flagged to the pits is done. :rolleyes:

nobandwagonhere
08-27-2006, 01:45 AM
Sounds good to me! What rules will be applied? Regular enduro rules or special event rules? Im all for it though. Need any help,...let us know!

pitbull113
08-27-2006, 05:24 PM
Are we talking about a one directional demo derby with wrecking cars and no black flag for rough riding or an endurance RACE with the survivor being the last car running with four tires and no trying to take people out on purpose. Sounds like either way ABC Car Crushing will be busy after that race. :applause:I'm in either way.

spier racing 93
08-27-2006, 07:13 PM
can you say...holy torn up racetrack...those popped tires eventually get shredded up and those wheels show no mercy to asphalt!!

Lad3der
08-27-2006, 09:02 PM
That's where they get blacked flagged Ty, and have to either pull into the infield or go to the pits. Either way, like Billy said, they are done.

spier racing 93
08-28-2006, 02:56 PM
wow not cool, people will be out right away, it will be a very quick event

Geno
08-28-2006, 03:02 PM
That’s why they're called enduros- drive like ya wanna save your stuff :)

spier racing 93
08-28-2006, 09:58 PM
but this is a last man standing race...

nobandwagonhere
08-29-2006, 11:19 AM
How many enduros have you run where you can actually pit under green...or AT ALL for that matter? NEETS is pretty much the only enduro series that I've run where you can. That's why its called an enduro....ENDURANCE. Personally, if this race has standard NEETS rules, I think it will exceed the time limit. If there's no black flags for "rough riding", then maybe it will take under 2 hours. Try running Riverhead enduros a few years back......100 laps 100 cars on a quarter mile bullring. And no.....there was no pitting. I think this race is a great idea. Chance to see what the name "ENDURO" is all about.

Geno
08-29-2006, 11:28 AM
Thank you Donny!

I like the idea, except the name might have to be tweaked to be politically correct :cool:

tstiles
08-29-2006, 01:32 PM
I'm gonna look for tank to enter.... I'm in.

winky417
08-29-2006, 04:27 PM
Billy, this is one of your best ideas yet. :cool: I'm All IN !!!!! One question though, with the 2 hour time limit, we will have to mix big cars with little cars Right???? sounds like fun to me !!!!! Maddawg 417

pitbull113
08-29-2006, 05:44 PM
From the way it sounds, you don't want to be in a small car!

W. J.
08-29-2006, 06:54 PM
From the way it sounds, you don't want to be in a small car!
NO, I'd bet the best you can find is an old Chrysler Imperial, right demo guys?

enduroracer131
08-29-2006, 11:12 PM
Sounds great, I'm in. :applause:

nobandwagonhere
08-31-2006, 01:49 AM
Hey Geno...years back Riverhead used to have a "Smash to Pass" enduro/demo. I think thats the message the title "Last Man Standing" is sending. :rolleyes: Either way Im game!!! :wave: Keep us posted fellas! :wave:

Crazy Horse
08-31-2006, 09:09 PM
That race was run on the figure 8 course, causing havoc and destruction to many that dared to enter. As you passed a competitor, you had to hit them anyway you wanted :D This kept you in the race. Many of the heavy hitters ran in that division, and it only lasted a couple of seasons.

Geno
08-31-2006, 09:14 PM
Actually, what I meant by politically correct with the name was “man”, since there’s some girls out there too. :wave: I’ve seen quite a few enduros over the years that were very similar, at least with a time limit and all. For the most part, they were pretty clean. :cheers:

winky417
09-02-2006, 06:21 AM
I used to run in a race at Pagoda called "junk car race" same idea, you had to make some type of contact each lap. Broken cars, and cars that got stuck, stayed there and you raced around them. We ran 10 lap heat races, with top 2 qualifying, and consi's with winner qualifying, and then the last chance qualifier with only the winner qualifying. Then the "feature", which was run till "last man standing" This was all run on a "muddy" 1/8 mile track with lots of bumps and a spot in turn 2 where you could get some good air!!!! And turn 4 you could catch the edge of a motorcycle jump and land out on the front stretch. :cool: This was a real good time, if you have any questions about it, talk to Mark Payne, #72. He used to be the man in charge of it. Anyway, bring on the "Last Man Standing"!!!

spier racing 93
10-23-2006, 06:13 PM
Any new news on this Last Man Standing race?

NEETS-1
10-23-2006, 07:52 PM
It will be written in on the 2007 NEETS schedule. I am still working out details of the event.