PDA

View Full Version : Great Performances

Fig8 T.K.
08-27-2006, 01:19 AM
I hope there were some potential sponsors watching ths weeks race. Some talented young driver had excellent performances. I think Jim Donaldson, Carl Voelker, Carl Baxter and Tom Ferrara would be capable of running up front consistently with some financial backing. Hats off to you guys for a very impressive run tonight. Unfortunately Tom Graff, another good new driver had some bad luck tonight but I am sure he will be a contender for the Championship in 2007.

Tom Kraft

figure849
08-27-2006, 11:31 AM
Great Great Battle From Slim Jim. Congrats

leah28racing
08-28-2006, 11:01 AM
Yes, Slim ran a great race. Either one of them would've been ok in my book. There are two point races left. It's a long shot, but my dad still has a chance, so those two extra points did mean something this week. If my father was out of the point running, I'm sure he would gladly take a second behind Slim. There's very few people out there that might have not run Slim clean to get around him. Dad wants to win, just like everybody else does. My dad likes Slim and tries to help him by giving him his old tires so he has better ones to put on his car. He would never try to hurt Slim on purpose. Not too many people out there willing to help other drivers.

It was a good race, congrats to Slim for running a great one.

Fig8 T.K.
08-28-2006, 01:21 PM
not to many people out there willing to help other drivers.

I think this is a very unfair statement to make. Do you know the list of drivers that have either been to the Specht's to help work on the car or offered parts? Do you know that George Sprague and Tom Kraft give their tires to other drivers? I know Kenny Hyde tries to help anyone he can. I am sure there are other drivers who help that I am not aware of. I bet there are many parts in cars that are borrowed from another driver. I know for a fact Tom's old motor is in Ferrara's car. This is not because he is related it is because another team blew their motor and would not be able to finish the season without help. Bill Steen was offered a 6 cyclinder when his motor blew. Did you see how many figure 8 drivers and crews along with people from other divisions were helping Jessica Larsen get her car done so she could get out for her heat? Besides your post being totally off topic of the young/new drivers having good races Sat. night, I do not think it was fair to say this about other people. I see in a previous post that you are "overprotective" of your father and that is a good thing, but it should not be done at other peoples expense.

Kathy Kraft

leah28racing
08-28-2006, 03:20 PM
number 1- I never said you guys dont help others. If you look back it says not too many people would be willing to help others out. That doesn't mean everybody. I'm not bashing anybody in particular. I'm just saying some people aren't willing to help others. I'ts all the divisions. Some people want to help others to keep them with their division and some people are out for themselves only.
My dad has helped people, I'm not saying he's the only one who has helped.

Short & Simple
08-29-2006, 01:00 PM
Let's not get upset here. Leah made a good point. So did Kathy. And I saw the people at Jessica Larsen's car. The 8 and 16 Figure 8 were there. The 10 Figure 8 sent over some tool. The 00 Blunderbust brought over front end parts. The 22 Blunderbust owner also brought over tools and helped.The 55 Late Model was there as well.
Why? Because that is how it is. People helping each other. The good stuff often get's left off this board. And maybe this could be in the Blunderbust section, but my hat is off to the Blunderbust teams that helped Jessica, a rookie.And to all the others who put that car back together after she tore the left front off the car.

loving74
08-30-2006, 01:52 AM
Hey T.K., thanks for recognizing us. You're alright, no matter what they say, Lol! Kidding! Wanna play softball?

Tower Man
08-30-2006, 12:31 PM
I always see people helping each other. Sometimes all you have to do is ask.

And a big thank you to the crew of the #8 Figure 8. And all the help from Walkowiak and Ricky. Plus, the #22 Blunderbust and the #10 Figure 8. You guys are the best.

Tracy87BB
08-30-2006, 01:19 PM
Tower Man, sometimes you don't even have to ask. More often than not, those who give of themselves receive in return. Like the old saying goes, you reap what you sow. It is nice (and surprisingly common) to see people helping their fellow racers out.

Tower Man
08-30-2006, 04:50 PM
Yeah BB87, I agree. But the original post about Great Performances is on the money. Slim look awesome. And for those who felt Roger Maynor could have let Slim win, look, Roger still has a shot. And he ran him clean and hard. Slim opened the door and Roger stepped in.

Good luck to all, but my money's on T.K.

Wait, I can't bet on this, so let me rephrase this...GO T.K.!!!

Tommyj16
08-30-2006, 09:09 PM
Hey tower man, don't for get George Davis. The kid was under the car, and also offered to tow the car out for you guys when you are out of town, even though you told him you live in Brooklyn, LOL!

RickFigure8
08-31-2006, 12:45 AM
No thanks needed TM. And as I said I'll be around if she needs anything the week you're not there.
I agree totally on the performances. You know, you go back a few years and there was two or three cars that just walked away from everyone else. That's completely different now. Most of the division is just a touch off the pace Tommy, George, and Roger are setting. If each of those teams could pick up a good sponsor I think we would be a totally unpredictable division.

Rick

Fkraft99
08-31-2006, 02:35 AM
Hey TM, I'm still waiting for my sticker to be made and I promise that will cure all people saying anything to my favorite side of the familty and dad's favorite neice.... lol

By the way, great run by Slim Saturday, just cut 1 lap too short, and a lot of great runs. I remember when I was a rookie, the good guys never really had to work to get around us. I look now and you have guys like Tom Graff, Carl Voelker and so on that you have WORK to get around. Carl B. and Tom F. are no surprise because those guys get around REALLY REALLY well for what they have to work with. Not knocking what they are driving, but it's not what the rest have and they hustle it around pretty darn well. Me and Carl B always got along well since our ambulance ride together is 2000... lol " no oxygen, get me a beer." lololol gotta love it... see ya in a couple weeks, boys.

hollywoodmic
08-31-2006, 09:51 AM
When you were a "rookie", "get around us", Fred didn't you have to complete a lap first in order to be passed, lol. I wasn't there but the last time I was, the competition was great. Keep it up all Figure 8 teams.

Fkraft99
08-31-2006, 11:05 AM
Thats " Rookie Of The Year " to you pumpkin .... lol and you'd be surprised how much i got passed in that 1 lap.... lol

Tower Man
08-31-2006, 07:57 PM
Yes George Davis was a BIG help. Thanks.

Ka$h25
08-31-2006, 09:57 PM
Yes, George really showed his skills ALL night long. I think the entire family was VERY impressed.

DOR 58 FIGURE 8
09-04-2006, 01:29 AM
I didn't get to see the end of that race but Slim ran one heck of a race from what I did see. He was able to hold the rest of the pack behind him for 19 laps, WITHOUT the use of his mirror, unlike some of the other drivers.
Way to go Slim, Please don't tell me about "Twins"!! :cheers: