PDA

View Full Version : What a Joke!

pitbull113
08-27-2006, 08:41 AM
They give the spectator drags a saturday night race but the 4/6cyl. trucks and the 6 cyl. enduros get nothing. :mad:

The Bullfather
08-27-2006, 09:09 AM
The drag were great saturday night, they have the place in a frenzy! Not to bash the enduro trucks but they will not have the stands going crazy as they did last night!!!!

nobandwagonhere
08-27-2006, 01:04 PM
I remember as a kid the "RUN WHATCHA BRUNG". A spectator drag/enduro. You wanna talk about funny? They need to bring that back. I think they should do the spectator drags on a Sat. night more often!

LongIslandJam
08-27-2006, 01:24 PM
I heard the stories about the run what you brung races, which was basically as you said it, a spectator drag enduro. I don't think you would get many takers nowadays, but I do agree with you Donny... A spectator drag once a month on a Saturday would be awesome. The fans in the stands were enjoying every minute of it.

Steve, while I disagree with you on the 6-cylinders (I feel the division is in its infant stage right now), I do agree with you on the Truck Enduros. I think a once a year Saturday night show would be good, and maybe next year you'll see it;)

pitbull113
08-27-2006, 01:33 PM
Last enduro on 8/06 the 6 cyl. had 26 cars in it. I know not as many as the 8s or 4s but still a decent field. Pretty close to the trucks. No reason all the enduro divisions shouldn't get a shot at running on a sat. night.

N.Y. racing
08-27-2006, 01:44 PM
. No reason all the enduro divisions shouldn't get a shot at running on a sat. night.

I have to agree with you on this.

AND the 4's didnt even get to run the Sat night race due to rain and instead of rescheduling they cancel it completely. The Enduros have a very limited schedule at Riverhead like it is (only 7 races a season) then you cancel the most anticipated race of the season for them. Theres no reason not to re-schedule a rained out event.

EAGLE
08-27-2006, 02:07 PM
I Agree They Should Rerun The 4 Cylinder Show
1 Reson Is That They Want These Guy/grils To Move Up They Should Get To See What Saturday Is All About.
2 These Show Are Easier For Familys To Attend.
3 It Give More Exposer To The Fans And Thats The Real Reason Why Most Of Us Do This. With Out The Fans Their Is No Show.

W. J.
08-27-2006, 03:45 PM
Back when all Riverhead had was Modifieds, Street Stock and Figure 8's, Spectator Drags were an almost weekly event. As more divisions were created, they were phased out unitl the Sunday edition of them surfaced in that spot. It was always good side by side racing, with an occasional wreck, so it sounds like last night brought all that back.

tstiles
08-27-2006, 10:39 PM
if you average 12 months with the amount of days , you get 4.3 weeks a month. so lets round it out to 4 sundays a month. how come they only do 1 sunday show a month?? and if its because of the near bye home owners that want peace and quiet on their weekends , then how come the track cant open once during the week? just for practice. most people who live near the track that would normally complain are most likely at work. so my question is if they dont want to add us to the sat night card at all during this season, and they dont want to add any more sundays , then how bout week day practice ? How do they ever expect any growth if they dont try to better the income growth?

vsmidge68
08-28-2006, 09:54 AM
I remember "run what you brung". That was fun. Back then we were sitting in the stands wondering whose hubby was going to bring the family car out for a ride. Before enduros it was a chance for people who didn't have either time or money to race a little.

P.S The weekday thing is probably not going to happen. The people who work @ the track probably also have jobs during the week and the town is not going to allow it either.

RGeeProductions
08-28-2006, 12:36 PM
if you average 12 months with the amount of days , you get 4.3 weeks a month. so lets round it out to 4 sundays a month. how come they only do 1 sunday show a month?? and if its because of the near bye home owners that want peace and quiet on their weekends , then how come the track cant open once during the week? just for practice. most people who live near the track that would normally complain are most likely at work. so my question is if they dont want to add us to the sat night card at all during this season, and they dont want to add any more sundays , then how bout week day practice ? How do they ever expect any growth if they dont try to better the income growth?
Why not call and ask them? Why ask here? If you need an accurate answer, calling the owners would be the answer.... Try town noise ordinances and permits to run when they do... Get a Saturday night division car....Why is the ratio of complaints to praises the Cromarty's do like 20-1.... This helps the situation????
JMO!!!!!!!!!

I feel the track is doing a good job.
NOTE: good not best, but to be best is almost impossible in these number crunching times. No one at ANY time is going to be completely satisfied with ANYTHING the track does. Don't you really think that if the track could run more shows/dates/days they would? YES THEY WOULD!!! It is a business and I know if they could, THEY WOULD. Hey, let's run 10 divisions at Riverhead. mmmm, now how do we pay a 10 division purse, ahhhhh, jack up gate $$$$. Really think about this. Economy is not best of times right now. The stands are not totally packed as they were years ago. Rain hurts track more than you can imagine and they don't run all year remember. I do think that adding a different division every week would be nice to do. BUT, then each would want more, like you are asking. It's a no win for anyone here.
Again, JMO!!!!!!!

tstiles
08-28-2006, 03:46 PM
You're mistaking a question for a complaint??? My questions are valid and didn't warrant your flippant response. Maybe that 20-1 thing should tell you something.. and, "why dont I ask the owners?" You have answered a lot of questions on this site, hundreds. You always seem to address posts as an official response. Why not this time? Arguing with you is a losing battle. It's like yelling at the school principal.
Why not call and ask them? Why ask here? If you need an accurate answer, calling the owners would be the answer.... Try town noise ordinances and permits to run when they do... Get a Saturday night division car....Why is the ratio of complaints to praises the Cromarty's do like 20-1.... This helps the situation????
JMO!!!!!!!!!

I feel the track is doing a good job.
NOTE: good not best, but to be best is almost impossible in these number crunching times. No one at ANY time is going to be completely satisfied with ANYTHING the track does. Don't you really think that if the track could run more shows/dates/days they would? YES THEY WOULD!!! It is a business and I know if they could, THEY WOULD. Hey, let's run 10 divisions at Riverhead. mmmm, now how do we pay a 10 division purse, ahhhhh, jack up gate $$$$. Really think about this. Economy is not best of times right now. The stands are not totally packed as they were years ago. Rain hurts track more than you can imagine and they don't run all year remember. I do think that adding a different division every week would be nice to do. BUT, then each would want more, like you are asking. It's a no win for anyone here.
Again, JMO!!!!!!!

rabbid1
08-28-2006, 07:47 PM
I look at it this way , The track was there first . Why do people who don't like the sweet sound of racing buy a house near a race track . Its like the idiots that buy a house near an airport , Then ***** about the airplanes . Go figure

RGeeProductions
08-28-2006, 08:08 PM
1. Vicki, GROT is my cousin Tom......he has been that for years!!!!, LOL
2. I answered in no way different than any other answer I have posted. JA and WJ usually post official responses, I usually post facts or JMO....
3. Arguing? That means we have been going back and forth...we haven't. Again, you do know JMO is 'Just My Opinion'?
4. Finally, the reason for defensive. Well, think I mentioned that negativity thing. I, myself, am very tired of the putting track down, the complaints and the 'they should do this'. These people have been in the business for a very long time. As I said, never will all be happy. Almost impossible. My comment about call the owners, they know whats said in this forum. And I am sure they wonder why things are mentioned here but they never receive word in mail or a phone call about said items. I, in no way, meant to come down on you, just the statement. I have had questions many times at the track about different calls or things and have gone to an official and never got turned down or a bs answer, and I am not a competitor. You asked questions, I tried to answer them to the point because of above reasons.
This is my feelings as myself and not the opinions of LongIslandJam..

deathwishracin1
08-29-2006, 03:29 PM
The 8 cyl Saturday night race was the most violent of the year. Several of the top cars got wrecked and I was embarassed to be out there. We feel that we are treated as a circus act, but when we race with the regular show, there were several people doing burnouts in the pits, wrecking everyone on the track, and straight up getting drunk off their a**es before the race. I agree that all Sunday classes should get their fair chance at a Saturday race, but too many people use it as a longer period to get drunk before the race and cause problems for all.

tstiles
08-29-2006, 06:38 PM
If ever I saw a driver getting drunk before the race, I would be the first one to prevent him from racing. You should have said something before they went out on the track. I know I would have....