PDA

View Full Version : Bad Call

wishfish
08-27-2006, 11:39 AM
I am Kevin Dodson, owner of Plum-Air, Inc., and proud sponsor of Larry Fisher. Last night was the worst call I have seen in my twenty years of racing. There was no call to be made. If Mike Rodriguez did not make the call as he states and it was Billy that would be the last call he made. If Joe Callavini wants to have a legitimate race track he first needs to fire whoever made that call. You have no car count to start with, and you wonder why. I am sure the call was made because Mike jr was second. Also, how do you not give Joe Hoffman a lap to change a flat tire as that is your rule. He is second in points and should have been given the time. If I ran my business the way this track is run, I would be belly up.

White Lightnin
08-27-2006, 01:08 PM
Do I smell something coming out of the evergreens? LOL!

asphaltrocks
08-28-2006, 03:02 PM
I was wondering how long this "conflict of interest" would go on before somebody started complaining about Mike Rodriguez. I can't believe all of the drivers would go for this when his kid races. There was nothing wrong with other race director. He does a good job with the other divisions. I don't see how the promoters can allow this to continue. If I had a late model, I wouldn't race until this situation was fixed.

That was certainly a bad call and Rodriguez did make it. He is supposedly in charge(LOL) and the decision falls back on him. With Fisher out of the way, there was nobody to challenge his kid for this race.

nimeyjr19
08-28-2006, 08:22 PM
WELL GUYS, I DO NOT AGREE WITH YOU'Re SAYing IN THIS.....I HAVE BEeN RUNNING MY LATEMODEL ALL YEAR AT MOUNTAIN AND IN THE BEGINNING OF THE YEAR, I REMEMBER ONlY HAVING LIKE 8 -10 CARS AT MOST. THERe WAS ONE NIGHT THERe WAS ONLY 7 IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY........SINCE MIKE Rodriguez TOOK OVER, WE HAVE HAD A GOOD CAR COUNT, LIKE 12 OR MORE. WOW, JUST LOOK AT THE STATS....... MIKE Rodriguez YOU ARE DOING A GOOD JOB, KEEP IT UP BUDDY.......
LATEMODEL 19X

fastgal
08-28-2006, 08:48 PM
I'm not from around here, but what's up with the rumors of an all out mellee in the pits after the races?

NEETS-1
08-29-2006, 01:50 AM
I am Kevin Dodson, owner of Plum-Air, Inc., and proud sponsor of Larry Fisher. Last night was the worst call I have seen in my twenty years of racing. There was no call to be made. If Mike Rodriguez did not make the call as he states and it was Billy that would be the last call he made. If Joe Callavini wants to have a legitimate race track he first needs to fire whoever made that call. You have no car count to start with, and you wonder why. I am sure the call was made because Mike jr was second. Also, how do you not give Joe Hoffman a lap to change a flat tire as that is your rule. He is second in points and should have been given the time. If I ran my business the way this track is run, I would be belly up.
Well Kevin Dobson, You should have listened or talked to a person monitoring our officials channel before speaking your piece so you know what you are talking about. 3 flaggers made that call, Mike did not want to make it because his kid was in second place at the time. NEXT...you are right, Joe Hoffman did not get a lap to change a tire....we counted 3 laps!!! AND read your rulebook...it states "No laps will be given to change tires". That was the rule for more than a few years now.
The Late model division was on its way out until Mike and Gary spent hours upon hours enticing drivers to come here. Your current car count shows it. With the absolute highest purse for a Late Model division in the Northeast...it's a shame they may have to be nixed...if it comes to that.

wishfish
08-29-2006, 10:44 AM
Billy, I did not realize there were three flagman in turn 3. I am sure that the whoever is in charge saw Larry stick a nose under Nime, coming off turn two. Half way down the back stretch, Larry was even. Into turn three, Larry was ahead. This is evident by where the tire marks are on Larry's car. It is also evident by opening your eyes when they are racing. I am trying to find out if there is a video of this and if so, I would be more than happy to sit down with you. Everybody knows that for some reason this track has had a hard on for Larry. Gary and Mike did do an excellant job in trying to secure Late Models for this track, and yes, they have a good purse. However, these kind of terrible calls overshadow the good. Also, did you happen to see the response coming from the grand stands after this call? They had a pretty good view. I did speak to some officials who told me this call was bad. And finally, It would be a shame if they had to nix the Late Models.
Kevin Dodson

mafap
08-29-2006, 04:54 PM
The in car video will be up shortly. We were behind them.

http://www.lidaily.com/liracing.shtml

Sean Case 75 LM

CSLMOTORSPORTS
09-06-2006, 10:21 PM
I say nix the Late Models and bring back the pro-stocks. I'm sure you would get some unhappy Riverhead Chargers; you know, the guys that have cars but are unhappy with their track, and just don't have another place to race. Mountain would be the perfect fit. Just a thought; my two chargers would be there.
Scott Lehmann