PDA

View Full Version : Old Timer's Day - August 27

LongIslandJam
08-27-2006, 01:26 PM
Those who want to head to Old Timers Day may, but unfortunately the weather has been a damper to those who came. But if you want to swap some stories, feel free to come on down.

I'm hearing the event will be rescheduled for October 1st. So, be sure to mark that down on your calendars.

randomrodder
08-28-2006, 09:44 AM
Those who want to head to Old Timers Day may, but unfortunately the weather has been a damper to those who came. But if you want to swap some stories, feel free to come on down.

I'm hearing the event will be rescheduled for October 1st. So, be sure to mark that down on your calendars.

Pete and I went, it was damp but there were some old timers there and a number of cars. Had a nice chat with Jimmy Reed chatting about Freddie Harbach and many others.
I spoke to Marty Himes and just found out about his losses. He verified that the Old Timer's Day was re-scheduled for Oct. 1st.
For anyone that wants to know what it was like back in the day at places like; Islip, Freeport, Langhorne and Trenton all you have to do is introduce yourself to one of the old timers and you will get quite an education.
Those were the good old days. Old School backyard building and all.

TMAC
08-28-2006, 12:26 PM
Glad Its Been Rescheduled,all Should Attend,its A Great Time