PDA

View Full Version : Thespeedwaylinereport.com

TMAC
08-28-2006, 12:15 PM
Great Site,on Side Column There Is Phil Smiths Looking Back.the Loudon Race In 1991 Was Won By Doug Hevron With Jeff Fuller 2nd Followed By Jan Leaty,tom Baldwin,the Reg And Tim Connolly[what Happened To This Guy?].it Was Noted That One Of The Top Finishers Had To Get Out On Bail After Taking A Poke At A State Cop The Night Before,hmmmm Who Could That Be!

hollywoodmic
08-28-2006, 04:02 PM
TMAC look at that list and ask youself that question again,lol. I remember that race, TB had a shot at the end, but he had short pitted, so the 3 cars passed him with less than 10 to go, if I'm correct, or I might be thinking of a different race. As for Tim Connelly, he decided to spend some time with his family. He actually walked away from one of the greatest rides ever on the tour. His sons were getting older and playing a lot of sports and Timmy was away racing, so he quit. The tour misses great personalities like his.

Jaws
08-28-2006, 08:33 PM
I believe Tim just retired.

He had a bad knee and when he crashed the car it was not good for that knee.

I was at Thompson, during, I believe, a 300, and he hit the wall hard in 3 and injured that knee.

TMAC
08-29-2006, 12:24 PM
Yes, I knew who it was. I had a good laugh at the way it was written (that's why I put the smiling icon with the wink). It's a great site to read about old events, ahh the good old days of racing. Thanks for the heads up on Tim.

hollywoodmic
08-29-2006, 01:29 PM
No, thank you for the heads up on the site. It is appreciated.