PDA

View Full Version : Ernesto...

Wallzy31
08-28-2006, 08:35 PM
Billy,

From the past I would say that we would run during anything, but does that cover a hurricane that's scheduled to hit this weekend? Is there a cancelation chance or are we running no matter what?

Gary

PS: I can't wait to get hit by this wench twice, once here and once there...

EnduroFromDE
08-28-2006, 08:52 PM
the hurricane is suppose to hit the track between sat night and sun morning. the weather channel said it looks as if it is going to speed up once it hits florida. hopefully it hits sat. night. I just added windshield wipers and a washer moter to my car and electronic brakes to my new trailer so either way I'm ready to take on Ernesto.

W. J.
08-28-2006, 09:52 PM
I can't speak officially for the track, but rain is one thing, a hurricane is entirely another. Tree breanches and God knows what else flying through the air, plus NO spectators to speak of, and you can figure out the rest. If it was your show, would you chance it???

Erin C
08-28-2006, 09:52 PM
Everything that i have checked thus far have shown a sunny to partly cloudy weekend with a slight chance of light rain on sunday morning. it is supposed to be mild weather even in the hazleton area. the way it looks on the map for hurricane ernesto is it is supposed to speed up once it hits florida, move north east and pretty much only graze across the southern part of pennsylvania before it heads back to sea. but hurricanes, like the weather, are pretty much unpredictable, im no meteorologist but is anyone really? haha... thats all for my weather report....lets just keep our fingers crossed that this weekend is a good weekend for racing! :applause:

rpkulik
08-28-2006, 10:04 PM
For the NEETS mid-season championship (2004), a hurricane was predicted to dump 2 inches of rain on the track. Only 4 4-cylinders showed up and they all raced. It didn't rain. Memorial Day (?) last year we got 3 inches, probably 1 during the actual race. 50+ cars showed up and they all raced.

I don't even look at the forecasts. Unless Billy posts a cancellation, I'll be there. Hopefully, you will too.

CJfilms
08-29-2006, 12:41 PM
Well...I'm really happy to have stumbled across this post!!! I'll be bringing my rain gear since we most certainly will be racing in just rain...

The only thing that faces cancellation is the pit party...I do most of the set up and prep work during the day of the party... which would be nearly impossible in torrential rains on Sunday morn/afternoon. Plus, if it were still raining at night, again we won't know the correct prediction until then, we would have no place to cook and eat... Usually we have three tents, my and pappy's big 10x20 canopies, plus a pop-tent or two. That's not enough to cover grills and tables for people to eat.

I've already considered the option of using the photo booth as a dining/cooking area... Here's the thing, can't cook in there unless someone is going to replace the sheetrock that the smoke would ruin, not to mention needing to buy someone a gas mask to stand the smoke!!! Also, there's very limited seating/eating space available...would only accomodate about 6/7 people...

I already know for a fact, it would be a fight to get Joe Cal to let us use his fryers and grills in the concession stand in this situation...

Sooooo...here's my call! Come on out! At least come to the test and tune, see how the weather is then, and make your own decision! If it doesn't stop raining until after 6pm Sunday night, then I would say it's a wash... but If it is cleared up before then, I would say it's a go! Hey, I need at least two hours or so to rush and get things set up!! lol

Also, in light of the new weather predicament... make sure you dress WARM!!! It will be especially chilly after a rain storm!!!

EnduroFromDE
08-30-2006, 08:24 PM
the latest weather report as of wed night, for Monday, is 73 and 30% of isolated showers. Getting better!!!! :applause:

enduroracer131
09-01-2006, 04:54 AM
Heavy rain friday night and saturday, but looks like partly for the race. :applause:

NEETS-1
09-02-2006, 01:36 PM
So far in the 4 years of NEETS, I've only seen two things postpone one of our events.....1- Lightning, (because of the metal bleachers) and 2- the tragic death of our friend, Rich Johnson.
I don't think Ernesto has a chance in heck to make us sit home. It seems as if he knew about our race because he is calming down and staying away from the speedway. It's all looking good for Sunday and Monday.