PDA

View Full Version : Okula

rabbid1
09-01-2006, 08:16 PM
Nice article in the Riverhead review on Wayne. Nice to see a 'Blunderbuster' get some exposure. I was hoping there would be a picture of Wayne O'Cooler in the article, too.

rabbid1
09-04-2006, 07:17 PM
Is that crickets I hear ! ! ..................??

LongIslandJam
09-04-2006, 08:04 PM
Everyone is recovering from labor day LOL

Good to see a Blunderbust guy getting promotion indeed. Wayne's promo in the paper is good for all drivers in the division...

I'm saddened to hear Wane O'Cooler failed to make the story. Maybe next time :-B

Tracy87BB
09-04-2006, 09:04 PM
Does anyone have a username and password to access the site? I'm guessing it would be some sort of copyright infringement if someone copied and pasted the article here... As an avid BB follower (whether I'm actually at the track or not), I'd be curious to see the article. It's always nice to see someone in the division get positive exposure.

The Bullfather
09-04-2006, 09:20 PM
Yeah, we needed Wayne O'Cooler Sunday, didn't we J.A.?

The Jam needs an official cooler for it's staff, lol.

LongIslandJam
09-04-2006, 10:15 PM
Bullfather - I can bring a cooler, no problem. We just need a cooler filler sponsor, *hint*, *hint*

Tracy - good suggestion, or if someone could scan the article we could post it...

Tracy87BB
09-06-2006, 09:02 PM
Well, it took a little work (and a helpful hint from a friend), but I managed to get my hands on a copy of the article. Very nicely written, and definitely some good exposure for the division, as well as the driver. Will be good for him if he can use it to secure some additional sponsorship for 2007 (public print exposure seems to excite a lot of potential sponsors). Unfortunately, my scanner is not working, so I can't scan it and post it here.

Tower Man
09-06-2006, 09:18 PM
Nice article, I just read it. Was able to secure a copy. This is one of the things I have been saying for 10 years. It doesn't matter what division or what track. Positive public exposure is a win/win for all involved.

Nice picture of a not so typical Blunderbust.

Hey Wayne, my daughter wears a HANS device. Does that make two Blunderbust drivers wearing a HANS?

Wheel Racing
09-06-2006, 10:00 PM
Hey Wayne, my daughter wears a HANS device. Does that make two Blunderbust drivers wearing a HANS?

Paul Parisi as well, which makes 3.Probably a few more next year seeing their value.Pretty amazing that 2 of the "larger sized" drivers wear them as well as the "smallest" one.I guess the design of the HANS speaks for itself. Back to the topic,still haven't seen the article, a little help Mrs 87??

Tracy87BB
09-06-2006, 10:03 PM
Ummm, unless you can magically wiggle your nose from where you are and make my scanner work, I can't be of much assistance. If you can convince Tower Man to send his copy to the track with his daughter Saturday, maybe she'll share. Or maybe you could try getting a hold of Wayne himself and seeing if he'll bring his copy (I would assume he has one). I won't be out there until the 16th, otherwise I'd offer to let you read mine...ha ha.

W. J.
09-07-2006, 11:04 AM
My scanner works fine, get a copy to me, and it will be up by Sunday morning.
As to Wayne getting more sponsors on his car, he's going to need to add a wing to his trunk lid or something, or maybe fins (retro 60's car) to list them, LOL. He's got more on his car already than may others do (except Artie Pedersen). Great to see stuff like this, it helps us all.

Tracy87BB
09-07-2006, 01:44 PM
Wayne will have a copy for you Saturday...

Thanks, W.J., for all you do to help us (as fans, crews, drivers, etc.) promote the sport we all love so much...

Tower Man
09-07-2006, 04:15 PM
Wheelman, I am LMAO and I needed a laugh. I'll tell you what, Jessica backed into the wall in a modified at Thompson and her head did not move at all. And nothing hurt the next day either.

For those who don't know, they are fitted for you, (see Dennis Freeze), and then Greg Kleila fits the attachment to the helmet. Best investment I ever made. Our car may not win Best Appearing, but we have all the best in safety equipment.

310fig8
09-08-2006, 08:16 AM
Hey Tower, Whats the matter with the way the car looks????? I think it's in the top 28.

RGeeProductions
09-08-2006, 11:31 AM
I scanned the story and Wayne's full article can be found here (http://www.longislandjam.com/news/2006/newsmain/Okula%20Article.jpg).

NOTE:
In Internet Explorer, if article is small, hover over picture and a box with arrows should appear in lower right corner. Hit box and article will become full sized.
In Firefox, hover cursor over article and cursor will become a magnifying glass, click and article will be full size.

W. J.
09-08-2006, 12:56 PM
Thanks RGee, one more task off the list. It's a good article about a true racer who makes this sport as good as it can be. It seems that Wayne is everywhere helping others, in addition to working on his own car. I wish him luck pursuing his dream of moving up, he is a classy guy.

Wheel Racing
09-08-2006, 05:28 PM
Very nice article. Well done. Thanx, Rgee, for the scan.

VNYLGRFX
09-08-2006, 05:46 PM
Good write up!
Great way of putting it big Man!
You have to feel it to LOVE IT! :cool: