PDA

View Full Version : Mountain Rained Out - 9/2/06

ss26
09-02-2006, 09:27 AM
any word for today?

2Fast4U
09-02-2006, 09:35 AM
I am 10 min. from the track, the weather is nasty ! Rain, very windy and cold!!

ss26
09-02-2006, 09:41 AM
I just called Joe and he said that they were cancelled.

2Fast4U
09-02-2006, 09:47 AM
WOW an EARLY CALL! Better off because it is NASTY out!

W. J.
09-02-2006, 10:10 AM
If you leave right now, you can see a good WMT race at Martinsville. It's beautiful down here, sunny, cloudless skies, and the admission is only $20. The 50 lap last chance race starts at 7PM and the 250 lpa, 43 car main starts at 8:30PM, so head down I-81 to US Rts 220, and come to Martinsville! :) :)

Grandstand
09-02-2006, 11:02 AM
Any "official" word from Billy on the rain out?

Geno
09-02-2006, 12:14 PM
Mountain Forced to Cancel Final Saturday Night Show
Track Will Switch Back To Sunday Racing on September 10th

St. Johns, PA- Mountain Speedway was again forced to cancel its Saturday night show due to threatening weather conditions. The show was the final Saturday night event of the season before the track makes the switch to Sunday afternoon racing to finish out the season.

The next Mountain Speedway event is Sunday, September 10th. On the card for the afternoon are the modifieds, late models, street stocks, thrillers and four cylinder thrillers. All the action begins with heat racing action at 2 PM.

The street stocks will compete for $777 to win (plus lap money) in the Cook’s Touch 77-lap Mark Corbisero Memorial feature event. The special show, which is a point’s event, is in honor of street stock driver, Mark Corbisero, who passed away in three years ago.

The popular autograph and camera day, which was rained out earlier in the season, will take place during intermission for all divisions. The drivers will be on the track with treats and their racing machines so they can sign autographs and meet their loyal fans.

Along with the Sunday shows, the kid’s big wheel races will return to action. The big wheel races are held after warm-ups, before the heat races. Trophies, which are courtesy of Jim’s Busy Bee Pest Control, will be awarded to the top three finishers in each age group.

For the complete schedule, point standings, rules, big wheel racing and other information regarding Mountain Speedway, please visit their website at www.mountainspeedway.com

NEETS-1
09-02-2006, 01:15 PM
We are rained out again. Tomorrow will be the NEETS Test and Tune. Pits will open at 3pm. Testing will start at 4pm and go to 6pm for 6/8s, 4s and TRUX.
The pit party will start at 8pm and run till 2am if the weather is good. Remember....the party is "Pajama Party themed". Bring your best, most colorful PJ's for there will be a voting on a few different catagories.

White Lightnin
09-02-2006, 04:09 PM
Are the grandstands open for the test and tune and if so is there any charge?

NEETS-1
09-02-2006, 04:36 PM
W.L.....Joe does not open the grandstands for the test/tune. The pits are only $5 from 3pm to 6pm. After 6pm they are free for the pit party....make sure ya come on down for that. :cheers:

White Lightnin
09-02-2006, 05:11 PM
I just thought it would be nice for my 2 year old grandson to see the race cars. Tell Joe thanks for me when you see him.

NEETS-1
09-02-2006, 05:30 PM
W.L.
Bring him on down through the pits and I'll let ya in the stands....We can't let a little boys opportunity like this go to waste.