PDA

View Full Version : 97 S-10 trans help

NEETS-1
09-03-2006, 10:46 AM
Hi Guys,
I have a question. I have a 97 S-10, 4.3 5spd that I want to use for my Bar.
The truck has a blown tranny....my question is; Can I change this truck to an automatic so all my workers can drive it, and if I can;
1. Is there any special changes that has to be done besides installing a tranny cooler, flexplate, etc.
2. Will the same starter work?
3. What about a shifter?
4. What year trans will fit?
5. Does anyone out there have an auto tranny and needed parts to fit my truck?
6. Does any one have a 5spd trans to fit...just in case I have to go this way?
Thanx in advance for your help.

Crazy Horse
09-03-2006, 03:47 PM
Even Easier...".B" NO STICK NO DRIVE :*-( :*-( "NEXT"

richardpetey
09-04-2006, 12:19 AM
I'm gonna change my auto trux to a manual trans, let's trade, if the swap will work............................. :D
My trans is a 4 speed auto/lockup, but it has a trans computer, I'll have to check and see if the computer can be swapped.............. :confused:
The truck in question is a 93 long bed.......................... :rolleyes:
UNCLE PETEY.......................... :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
Just for giggles, what's wrong with your trans????????????????

stomas
09-04-2006, 01:27 AM
The stock trans for that year is the 4L60E, which would require new wire harness and computer. You could use an earlier version of that unit the 700r4 but you would have to run a tv cable to the throttle body. You could also use a TH350, but you might have to make crossmember/driveshaft mods. Just remember not to pass anyone and stay in the back. :wave:

NEETS-1
09-04-2006, 11:43 PM
Thanx Tom and Petey, but I bought a 5 spd at the track from a guy for $250. Tom, the truck is for my bar/restaurant delivery and pick up service...no need to stay in the back, hehe.
Petey, you can have my 5 spd trans for nothing that is in the truck now. I bought the truck like that, so I don't know exactly what is wrong with the trans. It could be good enough for racing if only one gear is gone. It's at Joe G's place in the back of the bed...just go and pick it up. :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: