PDA

View Full Version : Transponders?!?!

danielleallen89
09-05-2006, 03:36 PM
What's going on with the transponders issue? it seems like EVERY enduro race there's something wrong with the transponders. Why don't ya'll have one car, or just someone walk over the line, at like 9am in the morning on raceday, and see if they're gonna work? instead of making everyone in the pits wait 2-3 hours until you figure out what's wrong with the transponders?! There were a lot of furious drivers out there yesterday... :disgusted

mystic1582
09-05-2006, 05:16 PM
For real!! That waiting is a bunch of crap. I have better things to do with my time.. With all the problems, you would think a dry run in the morning or hours prior to racing would be standard procedure. Another 12 hour day from start to finish. I had planned on going back to work in the late afternoon...instead, I arrived home @ 10pm. Another thing that totally pi$$ed me off is the rough riding or plowing you out of the way. Most of the top 10 cars that finished in the 4 cylinder class got around slower cars without incident. But a few idiots are determined to simply spin out every car they can't pass, or put them into the wall.
Steve Petry #8P

EnduroFromDE
09-05-2006, 08:02 PM
It seems the transponders have been a big issue during or right after a rain storm. I don't know what the reason the delay was, but all I say was 10 men leaning over the front strech wall and two guys waving transponders over the line. Well, what was the issue???

pitbull113
09-05-2006, 08:21 PM
New transponders? :confused: Money well spent!! :( Bring back the flop clock!! :help:

CJfilms
09-05-2006, 09:35 PM
Wait up a second...there was a reasonable issue here this time...

Two weeks ago, the last Mountain Speedway Event, two late models made HARD contact right on the line...it cut the wire completely. The rest of that night, the whole system was acting up. The following day, we got rained out...it was repaired over the week...Saturday, we got rained out again...that's why they were never tested since the repair.

YES, it would have made sense to test out a transponder of two before the race, or even during the test and tune.
--Reason why they didn't do that:
1. The system has been working without a hitch since the loop was replaced. (remember the last race?)
2. Brad, our transponder operator, was never brought back to the track to run the computer on an off day to test things out either. Which he would not be able to predict a problem if he is not aware of the severity of the damage to the loop wire.
3. When the wire was fixed...sorry, the loop...none of the rest of the wire was checked. That's where the problem was...we had a short.

This problem would have happened at whatever event Mtn held next, it just happened to be an enduro... Plus, the regular events, there may only be 20 or so cars on the track at once, so hand scoring is an option on those events and a problem can be avoided.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but at least it was fixed and is back to normal! And at least it was fixed THAT DAY!!!

You've got to give those guys some credit! They took more heat from the patient fans and Joe breathing down their necks than anyone else that day! :applause:

richardpetey
09-05-2006, 09:53 PM
How many times do you have to soil your underwear, before you strap on the DEPENZ........................ :confused:
After another transponder fiasco, the fans left in droves..............Do you blame them ?........................ :disgusted
UNCLE PETEY.................. :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

BBI1432
09-06-2006, 06:48 PM
I couldn't agree with danielleallen89 more, someone should walk a bunch of transponders over the loop as soon as the pits open, so if there is problem, you have plenty of time to fix it before the races are scheduled start. The stands were PACKED at 1, but by the time races started, I noticed many fans had left. At least the racing was good once they got going!

Geno
09-07-2006, 01:59 PM
I’m not disagreeing that the system shouldn’t have been tested before hand, but at least the races were run and cars were scored correctly.

Thank you to the Butler Twp. Vol. Fire Department for running around like madmen, testing leads and finding out where the short was! :applause:

spier racing 93
09-07-2006, 03:43 PM
Just wondering...How deep is the "loop" burried? Is it all the further down it can go or is it up too high or what? :confused:

racenut38
09-07-2006, 04:48 PM
I'm glad thay got it up and running. Hats off to the guys and a big thanks to the people who helped scored the trucks. Transponders are the way to go. I love the mylaps lap chart. :cool: :applause:

CJfilms
09-07-2006, 05:04 PM
Hey Ty, the loop is only burried 1/4 inch into the asphalt...as per AMB's requirements. Also, the loop is not to be run through a small pipe (like pvc) or wrapped in anything else for that matter. AMB says to cut a line 1/4 inch deep in the asphalt and LAY the loop in it, the only thing to cover the wire is supposed to be silicone to prevent water damage and keep it in place.

That's why Billy insists that cars with flats are black flagged and sent to the pits immediately. Also that's why we have to be on top of guys running lap after lap with a flat... If someone keeps going over the loop with that rim gouging at the asphalt, you can almost expect there to be problems.

I hope that cleared up some questions...Billy said it best guys, "When the system is working properly, it's the best thing out there."

spier racing 93
09-07-2006, 09:45 PM
Well that explains why it is so easily damaged...What type of wire is it for the loop? Is there any way that multiple loops can be installed so that there are backup loops if one is damaged? :confused:

Geno
09-07-2006, 09:56 PM
Ty,

The wire that was damaged wasn't on (or in) the track, it was part of the "loop", which runs up to the scoring tower. I think you're beating a dead horse.

nobandwagonhere
09-08-2006, 12:37 AM
Believe me...on Monday I was NOT the happiest of campers. Waiting on line for almost an hour to do a transponder run was not my idea of NEETS racing. Some could hear me for miles yelling "LETS GO!!!". I could not BELIEVE that of all things, transponders were going to be an issue AGAIN. But what made my day was the fact that ....1) they fixed it. 2) we raced. Trust me...we were ready to pack it up and leave. Disappointment, frustration, the feeling of getting a bull---- story about how it would never happen again. All this was BEFORE talking to Billy and Mama NEETS and finding out it was just a break in the wire......not a transponder malfunction. My opinion was...and is....there was plenty of time during the Test and Tune to check. But it all worked out. I saw the look on Billys face worrying about how he was going to face all of us and hand out yet another disappointing NEETS anouncement. But we raced. Granted, the trucks got the brunt of it, but I can honestly say....as one who helped score the trucks...we did our darndest to score those trucks as accurately as physically possible. And any honest driver of the trucks will say; I think we were right on the money. (except the photo finish...that's all on you Billy! :wave: ) For those of us in the 8cyl's.....we raced clean and red flag free. I lost faith for a little while, too. But once I saw the looks on the faces of those in that tower....the look of feeling like you let everyone down. The determination to get these guys racing (you have to care about your drivers to have those looks and feelings) ...I changed my tune. But had I not gone up there, I would probably still fell the same way. Bottom line is....we raced. The transponders worked. It is all up to each driver whether or not they want to keep the faith. Its understandable. But theres no sense beating it to a pulp. We raced. We were computer scored, and we had fun doing it. It worked out. And I dont know about you...but I, for one, am looking foward to the Fem-Enduro!!!! :wave: :wave:

EricaR
09-08-2006, 10:26 AM
I would first like to say that I for one am also sick and tired of the transponders not working and I am the one that hands them out...HOWEVER...I am also sick and tired of having the majority of the drivers miserable and cranky with those of us in the office, *****ing and moaning about them, EVEN IF THEY WORKED FINE!!!
There was a MAJOR wreck on that loop the last race we ran in the Late Model division, did anyone ask if the drivers involved were okay? Yes, to those of you who might be a touch concerned, they were thankfully, however, the loop was not. And Joe fixed it as far as he knew. The wire was severed, no it cannot be dug deeper into the track, no, we cannot cover it with anything other than a thin layer of silicon, it is where it needs to be to have the transponders functioning properly. Joe is one person. HE CANNOT DO IT ALL. Yes, he makes the money at the track, but he also has the best payout in each division and has overhead that he also has to cover, the most of which is insurance that he pays for to protect you if you are injured. Also, paying his employees, paying for the ambulance (which is NOT cheap), paying for the rent for the track which he DOES NOT OWN, plus the incidentals that you encounter on a regular basis. Buying new transponders I'm sure was not on his list of things that he would like to do with some extra money that he might have had to put back into the track. Because he also hears you when you all complain about the condition of the bathrooms, the weeds that are overgrown, the the track that has patches. So no, he is not rolling in the dough, like most of you think. And I, for one, can tell you that he was as sick as we all were that those transponders were not working.
He thought the problem was solved when he found the slice in the wire. Should someone have checked that they were working earlier in the morning? YES!! Does Joe know how to work the computer to check for something like that? NO...he knows nothing of the program in that computer. And..the transponders worked FINE the last Enduro race. The problem was not with the transponders themselves, but the wire that runs underneath the guardrail. Let me think about this for just a sec here....most enduro races 150+ cars in 3 divisions, all of you slamming off of the wall over, and over, and over becaue most of you take these races like they are Demo derbys, and one thin wire underneath. What we may as well just say is a knife being pushed over that wire again, and again, and again.....wire will break, transponders will pick up, but the signal will not transfer into the computer that our little bitty wire is attached to.
How about instead of complaining, volunteering to help a guy out. Why doesn't everyone just pick a day, give the guy a call, and say, hey, I have the day off, I would like to thank you for letting us have a place to race by helping you cut the grass, or...I own a construction company, let me help you fix up the grandstand bathrooms...if everyone offers your help and support, maybe just maybe, the place will be a little nicer, maybe just maybe, the next time you need a favor, Joe will be the first one to lend a hand. I know that he has helped many of our drivers out who were in a tight spot. Need a part? He might have one, truck break down...he'll send a truck. Joe is a great guy who gets dragged through the mud over and over.
I, for one, am ready to never again work another Enduro, and I know personally that there is another key figure, that you all depend on as well for each race, that is ready to say shove it, too. If that happens, you all can say goodbye to the transponders, and go back to the flop clock, back to cheating the flop clock...then you all can complain as much as you want to, I won't be there to hear it time and time again.
I will now step down from my soapbox. I love all of you guys, and I love watching the Enduro races, but just give us a bit of time to get things in order. We are trying hard to get things taken care of and get things updated and make things run smoother. We just need some time to get the kinks out of the system. Please be patient, and instead of complaining all of the time, it would for once be nice to hear a compliment now and again. I cannot thank all of those guys that were out there for the three hours it took to get those wires jimmied up so that the system ended up working again, it wasn't a permanant fix, but it did the job for one day, it is being taken care of this week.THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!! To all of you who saw that there was a problem and offered to help fix it. Erica

BlingxBling
09-08-2006, 08:37 PM
This isn't charity, it is a business!! It is Joe's responsibility to make sure the facilities are nice and all equipment is working properly. If he can't do it by himself, hire someone who can and if he can't hack it financially, put it up for someone else who has the means to do it right. Eventually it will come down to drivers finding the grass on the other side to be a lot greener!

White Lightnin
09-08-2006, 10:02 PM
Amanda, you sure hit the nail right on the head.

EricaR
09-09-2006, 09:39 AM
Let me just clarify something here. My post was not about asking for charity in any way. It was about the transponders and those that continue to complain about everything under the sun at the track. The fact of the matter is, even though we are thankful to all drivers, Enduros and regular division drivers that come week after week, no one is making you stay here to race. We are just asking that when something goes wrong with equipment, it bothers us as much as it does you, but these things happen. Even if we would have checked the transponders and found that they were not working early in the day, let's just say that the problem could not have been fixed...then the complaint would have been we spent all of this money to come here and race, and now we have to go home. It's always complaints and never appreciation for what is done. Maybe it's that alone that will close the gates for good one day? As far as I'm concerned, end of discussion on my part. Have a good weekend, wherever you choose to race.

Mobigsly
09-09-2006, 10:46 AM
I know everytime I fix something I check to see if it works, How can you fix a problem and then hold off till the next time you need it to see if it works?
TRUX should get their money back!

EricaR
09-09-2006, 10:48 AM
TRUX did get their money back

BlingxBling
09-09-2006, 10:49 AM
Erica I gather what you are saying, but it has nothing to do with appreciation, more like expectation. When you go to a restaurant and order a meal, you expect it to be cooked thoroughly. Do you eat it half raw, gladly accept the bill because you appreciated the other things they did? Heck no!! We, the fans, drivers, and crew members shouldn't have to expect anything less than working equipment, bathroom facilities that don't require you to lift to seat in search of wild life that may have made the toilet its new home, or a walk through the amazon. That is what we pay admission for, not only to create a purse, but to make sure the track is upkept. These complaints are valid. They are not people looking for a rise out of management. I haven't the ability to argue this any further because I rarely can be found at Mountain...

DB Motorsports
09-09-2006, 10:53 AM
To be honest with everyone, I was not the happiest camper when the big cars went out for the transponder check, and once again there were problems, but we still raced with working transponders. If you ask me, I think they (Joe, and Billy) handled the situation very well. Don't get me wrong, I do think someone should check the system as soon as the right people arrive at the track to make sure everything is working the way it should, but that didn't happen and that's just the way it goes. It sounds like just about everyone who is posting on this suject is just beating a dead horse. The race is over and everyone who went to the track to race did!!! So instead of sitting here and crying about a delay in the race because of transponder issues, why don't we all start a new thread on how we can make our sport better. I don't know if anyone noticed, but the car counts have been going down at our races, and that is more of a concern to me than having to wait a couple hours to race. We have a good thing going at Mountain Speedway and I would hate to see us kill it. Maybe if we all pull together and make some suggestions to Billy B., some things could be changed at the track to make it run smoother. Billy does listen to people. It wasn't long ago I overheard a conversation about some drivers wanting to run a true Enduro race, and sure enough, a month later they are already talking about putting it on the schedule for next season. So I'm telling all of you, this sport is in our hands, if we all pull together as drivers and figure these problems out as a group, people will listen. I really hope this is the last post in this thread. :disgusted

Dave Bartuski Jr. 31B

NEETS-1
09-09-2006, 12:36 PM
The way I see it is Joe does the best he can with what he has to work with. I know and have known many promoters in my racing career and even though Joe is a little rough sometimes...he is really a good guy. The definition of "promoter" is a risk taker. He takes a risk each and every event at losing, breaking even or making a few bucks. There is only so much that one man can do. There is always something forgotten because there is so much to do and think of.
As far as the transponder deal....We all thought the problem was fixed last race and never expected any problems this time because the last regular race went off w/o a hitch. The one wire was broken due to an accident and replaced. Let's call this a learning experience...I now know that we have to check the computer before every event. I will do whatever I have to, to do this so our races go on smoothly and in a timely manner. So hopefully this problem will never arise again...but you know as well as I...it will be something else unforeseen in the future.
Getting back to the track help. I raced all my life and was part of many different tracks. At almost each and every one of them, we always had what you called "work days" where the drivers, crew, officials and even fans came out to help spruce up the place. We also had one event at the end of the year where the officials and workers donated a days work at an event to help the promoter save a little cash for needed equipment/materials for the track. Over the years I have been at Mountain, I tried to do both, but no one was interested. Every year, I donated my time at the Street Stock Shootout and in the beginning some others did, also. But it is not fair to all if some did not want to work w/o pay and others do....so that was nixed. The pits and grandstands are filled with a miriad of people with different skills and occupations. Maybe some of them could say, "Hey Joe, I am a contractor....I'll give ya a good price on remodeling the bathrooms" or "hey Joe, I own a whatever store...I'll get ya a good price on a certain item".
All in all, Mountain speedway is doing better than a lot of tracks in the Northeast...at least we are open, and with the help of the NEETS series, will stay open for many years to come. We as officials must do our jobs to keep the doors open...and yes, we do get yelled at, attitudes, among other things from the drivers, but that is all part of the job. It is how you handle it that shows what caliber official you are. We would not be officials if we didn't love the sport...it is certainly not for the money, lol.
Everyone have a good day, keep your racing cool...and look forward to the next time we meet at the track.

nobandwagonhere
09-09-2006, 12:44 PM
DB...you summed it up. Well put. :wave:
Next issue...... As far as the bathrooms go....try aiming and not complaining. Have you ever been to a track with clean bathrooms? I mean c'mon. When I go to a track....to race or SPECTATE (which is where most of the complaints seem to be coming from...spectators) I go to watch racing. Not run down a checklist in the John. Like you said Bling, when I go to a restaurant, I expect the food to be cooked....my first concern is the food...NOT THE BATHROOM. So I guess at a track the food would be the good racing?..(right or wrong?)...so as far as I'm concerned, last weekend the FOOD WAS GREAT!!! YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM :drool: :wave: :p

CIN
09-09-2006, 02:09 PM
Ok stop B.tching everyone....Transponder issues have been an ongoing problem (believe me - I have ONE particular day very much etched into my brain) but let me ask you all this...have anyone of you who arrive at the track early EVER volunteered your car to test the transponder and loop earlier than the start of racing. Probably NOT....It is very easy to blame track management...but somewhere we all have to be adults and take on some responsibility. So unless you want to be part of the solution....just stop....
Tracks around the country are closing at an alarming rate...Trying to get new ones built are like trying to build the Berlin Wall again...(NIMBYS) so, be Very Thankful for what you have....and when you get to the track maybe go up to Billy and say - How 'bout I take MY car slowly around to make sure the transponders are working....either that or Bring a digital clock and some score cards Just in case....

Now of course this is JMO!!!!!!!!!! I am not even going to get into my personal feelings...but I HAVE NEVER BLAMED THE TRACK!!!!!!!!! OR THE TRANSPONDER SYSTEM!!!!! on that fateful day..... JUST BE HAPPY THAT YOU CAN STILL RACE....

Cindy Johnson

BlingxBling
09-09-2006, 02:17 PM
Actually Donny, I have been to race tracks where the bathrooms have been decent, granted I also have been to tracks where I opted to pop a sqwat near a bush rather than step foot in their bathrooms. I wish it were an aiming problem...females can't pee standing up, well they can it's just messy :lol:

richardpetey
09-09-2006, 06:04 PM
Wall Speedway has a great facility and beautiful bathrooms, but they all have a sign over the porcelain reading: Flush twice, it's a long way to the pit shack, hehe...................... :eek:
UNCLE PETEY...................... :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
PS.........you have to own a transponder to race at their bowl........ :help:

vsmidge68
09-10-2006, 07:26 AM
OK I have tried to keep my opinions to myself but this is just crazy. Several people have hit the nail on the head here and some are just out to lunch. I own a small business and I can tell you keeping people happy is just a pain in the a**. You have happy people, cranky people, and those who are just looking to complain no matter what. I will tell you this......I was nice enough to help score the trux on Monday (I don't even own a truck so what do I care right?) and when the race was over I didn't want to leave the tower because there was a large man at the bottom of the stairs yelling at anyone who came out. I really don't think that is adult behavior, when things don't go your way, throwing a tantrum is not the way to fix things. If this is the way officials and crew are treated, then I will never put myself in that position again.
Let's face it, everyone wants to race, or passenger, or watch, or pee. I have been to the track very early and the pit bathrooms were clean as can be. I go back 2 hours later and there is a mess. I don't just mean garbage overflowing, I mean peepee and dookie (sorry Donny :wave:) all over the seat and stall. Is this how people treat their own homes? I doubt it. I look at it this way ...........first of all, this post has gone from transponder issues to the bathrooms, to eating out at restaurants..Hello??
Our crew has decided that Mountain is now our "home" track. That means we will treat it and it's people as we would in our own homes. Therefore, there will be no bashing of family members, no messing up of bathrooms, and when something is broken, we will try to fix it.
I'm not sure what Joe's financial state is because it's not my business, but I know it can't be worth this amount of bashing and complaining. If he has the amount of money everyone thinks he has, then he should take it and go to Hawaii. I don't see him or Billy doing that. They are there every week, (Joe in his chair in the transponder shack, NOT hiding somewhere) and Billy running his skinny little butt off in 10 directions. Is the grass greener for them?? Sure it is, but APPARENTLY they have a love for the sport that keeps them there. I don't expect to see too many people offer any kind of assistance seeing how poor Geno can't even get donations for the kids weekly drawings. (and before you ask, YES my crew has donated). My riding lawn mower doesn't fit in the truck with everything else, or I would bring it there, but I will bring you people some toilet paper and sanitary papers for the toilets the next time I come there. OK, is everybody happy now?? Oh, and by the way, I will also bring some score sheets so if the transponders go 'man down' again, you can all score your own cars, creatively as you want to, and then let's start reading THAT happy post!!!!!! :wave: :wave: :applause: :lol: :cheers:

NEETS-1
09-10-2006, 10:17 AM
Nice post Vicki. I do want to stress that I think all the drivers/crew should consider Mountain their "Hometrack" when they are there. I and my officials do our best to make everyone feel like they belong. I do not consider anyone an "outsider". When you are attending our events...you ARE a Mountain driver/crew whether you are from PA, NY, NJ, DE, or B.F. Egypt. :-B
Remember, I was a driver for a long time...and I was an "outsider" at many of the tracks I raced at. I swore when I became an official long ago, I would never make anyone feel like I did. I always felt best at my "Hometrack"...and that's the way I want everyone at Mountain to feel. :wave:

W. J.
09-10-2006, 10:29 AM
Good point on the bathrooms, Vicki. The complaints come from everywhere about this issue, not just racetracks, yet I've never heard anywhere of a 'secret crew' that travels about the country to mess them up, so it must be the select few slobs using them that mess them up. If people treated everything like it was their own, the whole world would be a cleaner, nicer place.
My experience has been the same as yours. I arrive early in my job writing race stories, use a clean bathroom, yet later in the day, it looks like it hasn't been cleaned in months. It's all about 'attitude', and unfortunately, there are way too many places open to people with poor attitudes that make the rest of us suffer.

Old Indian saying "Don't muddy the water around you, you may have to drink it later!"

As to the transponder issue, I think that's been well addressed here, and what I know of Billy and the whole Mountain crew, they seldom make the same mistakes twice, so this should be the last time this specific problem arises. People who learn from mistakes made are good people, and smart ones, too.

Let's move on to better things now.

EnduroFromDE
09-10-2006, 05:22 PM
This thread really grown in the past three days. So of these complaints are silly :-B. Bathrooms, grass, transponders??? Well, I just got back from Richmond, Va from the race, and well, Mountain Speedway is not the only track with these little petty things you call issues. Bathrooms there on Friday morning before any race are "crappy", they had weeds growing higher then my car I was parked next to, and during the Busch race, one of the scoring loops in turn 1 and 2 stopped working, maybe due to the 5 car pile up, I dont know. But this is a multi-million dollar facility that see's only three weekends of racing a year, compared to a low profitted short track that see's two, sometimes, three races a weekend. And Vicky, that guy that was yelling at Billy was my uncle. I think he forgot to take his little green pills that morning. And Blly, you said people come from DE, that must be me your talking about?? Anyhow......See ya at the next one.

sk8077
09-11-2006, 12:38 AM
Let me just clarify something here. My post was not about asking for charity in any way. It was about the transponders and those that continue to complain about everything under the sun at the track. The fact of the matter is, even though we are thankful to all drivers, Enduros and regular division drivers that come week after week, no one is making you stay here to race. We are just asking that when something goes wrong with equipment, it bothers us as much as it does you, but these things happen. Even if we would have checked the transponders and found that they were not working early in the day, let's just say that the problem could not have been fixed...then the complaint would have been we spent all of this money to come here and race, and now we have to go home. It's always complaints and never appreciation for what is done. Maybe it's that alone that will close the gates for good one day? As far as I'm concerned, end of discussion on my part. Have a good weekend, wherever you choose to race.

I do not want this to sound negative in any way or as slamming or bashing but these are my thoughts:

The whole deal with the complaining lately branches from the transponders. One thing you have to remember is that we (drivers) do spend money and have a lot of time in our cars. For an example, it costs me approx $200.00 per NEETS event just for the race alone (pit fee, entry, transponder, gas for towing and car). This does not include the long nights of wrenching on the car to get it ready. I am just looking for a return on my investment. A chance to run 100 laps, get track time, and have fun without too much aggravation. Plus, if we bring family and friends out with us, and they have to sit through a delay, they're not happy either.

As far as a complaint goes, anybody that is a business owner or worked in a retail setting knows that complaints are great tools that can be used to make improvements. Listen to them, and if there valid, then improve on the situation, or come to a happy medium where everyone can be happy.

As far as the comment "no one is making you stay here to race" you're right! At my local speedway, you can bring a NEETS legal 4 cyl car and race weekly. True, it's only 25 laps a night, and $100.00 to win, but the lowest spot in the feature (24th) pays $30.00. And if you don't qualify, you get tow money, even for 4 cylinders. To me this is a better bang for my buck lately. We have had our problems there this year, but improvements and complaints are addressed and fixed weekly.

I would absolutely love to run a NEETS race again if the problem with the transponders is fixed. If there is a question in my mind of a part or a re-occurring problem on my racecar, you better believe that I am going to address it before the race, and not hope for the best on raceday.

NEETS is a great series and if you address the transponder issue before the start of the race, the other complaints will go away, I'm sure. Then everyone can go back to racing and having fun, like the series was intended to be.

CJfilms
09-11-2006, 11:20 AM
Wow...that sure was a lot o' readin' I had to do!

Here's my side of the coin... I volunteer at the track. I do not charge Joe/Mtn Speedway or Billy/NEETS for the use of my photos, nor do I ask for a weekly pay during the Mtn races. I do not get paid to: send in photos to AARN each week, to create and maintain my very own website for the racers and fans to see my work each week, maintain the Mtn Speedway website, my tavelling expenses are not covered (from Warminster, near Philadelphia, to the track I go about 90 miles...each and every week). I pay for my own gas, I pay for my own equipment (which only some people do know that I have spent over $3,000 for camera, laptop and accessories) and I do not ask for those costs to be reimbursed.

Billy said it best, we're not here for the money.

Figuring I spend as much as I say, you think I wouldn't want to give anything else up...NO! If Joe needs something done at the track, I always say I am just a phone call away. Sure, there are limits to what I can help out with, but I am the first one to help out in a situation... Ask Deb, I used to help her clean the bathrooms last season. Ask some of the regular Mtn drivers, I'll grab a broom and sweep up the kitty litter just to keep the show going. Heck, last year I was out in the infield with a weed wacker, because all my shots had tall grass in them! :lol: :lol:

What I am trying to get at here is this... I see the same problems all of you see at the NEETS races...each week! But, instead of even bothering to get caught up in the politics and start hassling other officials online, I extend my hand out to help. I don't need to make a public spectacle out of the services/things I donate to the track, I know what I have given up...that's good enough for me. Again, Billy said it right, at least we are open.

I like the idea of spending a day or two helping out at the track, cleaning/ painting/building/mowing/whatever! If you know you have the ability to help out with something, please don't complain about it here... Call up Billy or myself, and ask how you can help out with things aroung the track. I know there are a lot of people out there who like to race at the Mtn...why don't we try to help make things better, so we can attract MORE racers?

To start things off, I plan on rebuilding/remodeling the photo booth before the next Mtn season in April. I will ask on the Mtn forum for help/donations when the time comes. I know the problems aren't in the photo booth, and that is the least of all your concerns, but that little shack is my home there, so I take pride in it and how it is kept. That's why, when Joe allows me to work on it, I try to pull together as much help as possible. Like I said...it's a start.