PDA

View Full Version : Thriller Car Racing

enduro13x
09-05-2006, 07:29 PM
The tech inspector for Mountain Speedway invited me to bring my car up to race as a thriller, and I was wondering if any of you enduro/thriller drivers could help me out with some information about a few things? (i.e. tire costs, rule differences, etc.) Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Nick Shaw
Big Car #13x

EnduroFromDE
09-05-2006, 08:05 PM
There's really not a big rule difference and I believe the tires are the same (factory stock tires).

pappywrench
09-05-2006, 08:08 PM
??? I'm at a loss here. Did you talk to me? :confused: I'll gladly help you anyway I can, but I would've gone over your car real good and left you know what you had to do to get it up to snuff. The 4 cyl are close, but the 8's need more stuff.
The rules are posted on the speedway web site.

enduro13x
09-05-2006, 09:09 PM
Sorry Pappy, it was another guy who said he was the Mountain tech guy, not NEETS. He stopped my dad and invited us to bring our car up and try the thriller class. He said that all we need are the Hoosier race tires and we were good to go. I don't know, but I would really like to try it.

richardpetey
09-05-2006, 09:26 PM
The thriller cars that run up front consistently run low 17 second laps....................... :drool:
You are basically bringing a knife to a gun fight with your NEETS car............... :eek:
Tires=almost $400, backgate fee=$35, transponder rental/bracket=$22, getting lapped every 4 laps= PRICELESS, hehe................. :rolleyes:
Your best lap last race was 20.669 seconds(mylaps.com), you will have to do considerable engine, suspension work just to be in the ballpark................ :help:
But, if you wanna do it for the pure fun of it.............GO FOR IT............. :applause:
UNCLE PETEY..................... :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

NJ Chick
09-06-2006, 01:40 PM
Hey Nick, You spoke to Mike Rodriguez Sr., who is the tech inspector for ONLY the Late Models at Mountain. He should have sent you to Pappy instead of just telling you to bring your car for the thrillers. FYI, Pappy is not only the tech inspector for NEETS, he is also the tech inspector for regular Saturday night racing for the other divisions. Hope that clears it up a little for ya!

:wave: :cool: