PDA

View Full Version : Getting to your full mylaps data

rcp_ny
09-07-2006, 05:14 PM
I tried this this time and it worked, so I thought I'd share it with all of you transponder renters. Here is how to get to your full lap-by-lap data (as opposed to just your best lap).

At the track when you get your transponder, write down the number on it (not the markered-on number that Mountain put on it, but the 7-digit one). After the race, go through the registration process on the mylaps site using that transponder number.

Once you complete the registration process (they send you an email and you click a link in that to activate your account), you should be able to log in and see your lap-by-lap data.

Copy this data (if you want to keep it) to some permanent place (write it down, copy-and-paste, screen capture, whatever). Then you need to delete that transponder number from your account, or else the next person who tries to do this for that transponder won't be able, and eventually the whole process will get gummed up. To delete it, click on Account Settings. Among other things it will show you your transponder number(s), with a place to click (I forget if it was "Delete" or "Remove" or what, but it was obvious) to take that transponder number off your account. After that you won't have access to your lap-by-lap data, which is why you copied it someplace permanent. But that transponder can now be used to by someone else and they can get their data.

If we all play nice, this should work indefinitely. ;)

CJfilms
09-07-2006, 06:22 PM
Yes this can work...but you MUST remember to delete that transponder number or else you would be defeating the purpose...

I have tried to set this up with a page on the mountain speedway website, but doing so in a public fashion for the regular drivers can get quite hectic vs the racers doing it themselves this way...

Also, if a regular mountain speedway driver already has their transponder number registered...the idea may flop for a few choice people. Keep in mind, the regular divisions that race each week use the same transponder week after week. So if you try to register your transponder and it doesn't work or AMB says it is already registered to another racer...that's the reason.