PDA

View Full Version : Making our sport better

DB Motorsports
09-09-2006, 11:32 AM
A few suggestions I have to make our sport better.

1. I would like to see everything start a little earlier and sqeeze in at least a 20 minute practice with the transponders in the morning, this would let us know if the system is working properly, and also let us work out any last minute bugs with our cars. I don't know how that would work with the ambulance, but it is just a suggestion.

2. Lower the purses and give some money back to the track for upgrades. I know a lot of the front runners would be opposed to this, but I am in the sport for the fun of it, and I would much rather have nicer bathrooms and nicer grounds, than a couple dollars in my pocket.

3. I would also like to see more Test & Tunes. I know we work around Mountains regular schedule, but I think there is room for more practices.
And anyone who complains about paying five bucks for track time needs to have there head checked.

4. Start the races ONTIME. If the internet says 1:30, start the race at 1:30. The stands were packed last race for the start of the race, but with the delay, there were people leaving. That may mean Billy might have to cut the driver's meeting a little shorter, but you've got to do what you've got to do.

This is just one man's opinion.

NJ Chick
09-09-2006, 02:49 PM
DB, you bring up good points and suggestions, but let me fill you in on the things that you brought up that probably most others don't know either.

1. Yes, they should check the transponders before the practice/checks/hotlaps/racing begin, but that cannot be done until Brad, who runs the transponder system, gets to the track.

2. The purse payout is based on the registration fee ($50) and how many cars start in each division. Which means, the money that is collected at the back gate ($28 a person) and all of the grandstand money ($$ not sure how much it is a person) and the transponder rental fee ($12 + bracket if you need one) goes directly to the track. The track has nothing to do with the purse payout. Not saying it doesn't cost the track money to run a race with officials needing to be paid, the ambulance/insurance/etc. However, the track makes out very well on a NEETS raceday as it is right now. Don't forget that Billy has to pay HIS officials separately for the day as well.

3. Anyone who has ever run a true enduro knows there was never any such thing as a test and tune. You are very lucky that you get the ones that you do now. Take Flemington for instance, when you hit the track for the start of the race, that was your test and tune. If your car died while you were waiting to start, too bad. And guess what, you didn't get your money back either! :eek:

4. Believe it or not, we do try to start things on time. The driver's meeting is very important at each race, because there is always new people driving for the first time. They need to know how things are done not only for their safety but the safety of others around them. Cutting that information short could result in a catastrophe on the track. If you would like to volunteer to help with line-ups or helping out in other ways, by all means, contact Billy to help us get the show rolling on time.

I'm in no way bashing you DB, please keep thinking of new ideas/suggestions to help improve things. Just wanted to clear up things that you and others may not have known. Hope to see you at the next one! :wave: :cool:

Mobigsly
09-10-2006, 10:23 PM
I'd like more test and tune time. More seat time.

CJfilms
09-11-2006, 09:58 AM
I like the idea of testing the transponders before the day gets started...but...

A simple solution would be to attach a bracket or two to the push truck, that is if you want to truly test them out, and not just wave them over the line.

Test & Tunes are great. However, scheduling them around the Mtn races is a pain... For instance, every NEETS race this year fell on either a Saturday or a Monday (the holiday itself), with the exception of both July races and the Mutha. Having the race on a Saturday means no time for the test & tune. Keep in mind, a lot of the NEETS drivers travel a long distance and therefore would not want to make a trip the week before just for practice. Hey, maybe 2007 dates will fall differently (didn't look at the calendar yet) and we will have the time for more practice sessions...hopefully!

nobandwagonhere
09-12-2006, 12:06 AM
ACTUALLY....I THINK WE SHOULD BE GRATEFUL FOR THE TEST AND TUNES WE GET. THINK ABOUT IT......PRACTICE LAPS FOR AN EN-DUR-O....LETS SAY THAT AGAIN....PRACTICE LAPS FOR AN ENDURO. HMMM.....A "STOCK", GUT AND GO (WITH THE EXCEPTION OF SAFETY ITEMS), 100 LAP ENDURANCE RACE. WITH NO ALTERING OF SETUP....EXCEPT TIRE SIZES....WHAT PRACTICE DO YOU NEED? NEETS IS THE ONLY ENDURO SERIES I'VE RuN THAT EVEN LETs YOU PRACTICE.......SO LETS BE GRATEFUL FOR WHAT WE GOT.....JMO. :wave:

Mobigsly
09-17-2006, 11:43 AM
Why not practice in a enduro series? Who ever heard of pulling the cars off the track for an enduro, how about stagger for an enduro.This is pretty much a full blown race series with the enduro name. I find myself putting more and more time into my car to try to chase the top. The rules in this class is vauge and the word STOCK is pushed a long ways. Oval track valve covers, posi rears, vacume rule?, racing seats, full cage. I have them myself, but it's time to relize this is a beginners racing series. You would not put this much time into something you rub, bang, and have good odds of leaving the track with it being 2 feet shorter.
But anyway it is was it is so I say, More test and tunes Billy!!!!!!!!