PDA

View Full Version : Question on 4cyl rules?

TeamCCP
09-10-2006, 07:42 PM
I just attended my first enduro race on Labor Day and it was awesome. I brought a 4cyl, double figure 8, car which needed just a little work to meet the rules. (just safety rules) I started at the back of the field and ran a steady, clean race. This was my first race in Six years and first on asphalt. I had a blast, I can't wait till the Halloween race!!!

My question is …I have a 1995 Chevy Cavalier that I was going to use as another figure 8 car, but now I want to just do the Enduros. I’m hooked!!! Well, I was thinking that some of the NEETS races are like two months apart, so the 4cyl Mountain Thriller class could be used as a fill in. I have reviewed the two sets of rules and they are very similar. If I built the car around the Mountain Speedway rules, will it be “legal” to run in the NEETS enduro races?

EnduroFromDE
09-10-2006, 09:05 PM
You seemed fired up gettin out that car Monday after the race, so I figured you had fun. You seemed more pumped than your girl was, good thing she didn't have to change any tires for you. I told you it would be different then those figure 8's you be doing. I believe the only difference is for safety. No passengers and I believe a roll bar and a driver's side door bar. Ask Pappy about it. He looked over the car real good last time, being a new car, and I believe someone said he is a weekly inspector there, too. That Toyota seemed fast enough to run in the Thrillers race now. Finishing 17th your first race out, even with the beating and banging we did out there, was great. Good job and hope to see you there in October.
P.S. You might want to save that Cavalier for the 200 lap Mutha in November.

TeamCCP
09-12-2006, 04:25 AM
Hey, thanks, man! I was very excited, I can't wait till the next one. The big difference I see in the two sets of rules is the Mountain cars are allowed to run a front clip loop from the roll bar w/down tubes (for radiator protection). This, to me, would make the whole car stiffer and more durable. The NEETS rules say, no bars past front fire wall. So that is a question I was wondering about, mainly.

EnduroFromDE
09-12-2006, 06:11 PM
That's true. You might want to rig something up that can be easily unbolted from the frame for change from the Thrillers to NEETS rules. They don't want the front of the car stronger in the enduro because it will turn any car into a tank, allowing more "bump drafting" and possible injuries. Anyway, see ya at the Femduro.