PDA

View Full Version : Can't start first?

DOR 58 FIGURE 8
09-10-2006, 08:18 PM
I was supposed to start on the pole last night, 9/9, in the 85, so after the start was posted, I went up there to tell them that I didn't want to start on the pole because the rest of the guys are running for points, so close to the end of the season and I didn't want to get in anyone's way. Well, I wasn't on the pole and when I went to find out why, :mad: Jim told me that I wasn't good enough to start there. :mad: Now he's not going to admit to "Sex Discrimination", but when I told him that they (Jim, Bill and whoever else) won't let me start on the pole because I was a girl, he told me if I know the answer, why did I come to him.
OK, now let's think who (I won't mention any names) started on the pole just about EVERY week and caused a caution, just about every week, before the first lap was completed. I know that the track isn't going to tell me that "HE was Good Enough to start on the pole" now are they? :confused: I am by no means saying I'm The Greatest Driver, maybe a few up from the bottom, but Bill and Jim didn't want me starting on the pole because I'm a girl. Now tell me how that is in any way FAIR? :mad:
How would you feel if you were in the same position, being told you weren't good enough, when you know you are better than the one who has been on the pole all year long?
Let's not forget Marissa Neiderauer #74 modified was told "she didn't have any balls" and Jessica Cohan #8 and Jessica Larsen#29, in the Blunderbusts, will soon have to deal with the same BS if something isn't done now!

loving74
09-10-2006, 09:05 PM
WHY DOES THIS NOT SURPRISE ME :confused:? I THINK THAT IT IS ABSOLUTE BS. THEN AGAIN, THAT WHOLE PLACE IS BS. :D . LOOK AT WHAT THEY DID TO THE 00 BLUNDERBUST AND LOOK AT WHAT THEY DID TO FARRELL. THEY'RE GONNA SUSPEND HIM FOR ALL OF NEXT YEAR BECAUSE HE STEPPED OVER THE YELLOW LINE TO SEE WHERE THE OTHER DIVISION WAS AT! HE WASN'T EVEN INVOLVED WITH THEM. :disgusted . THEY MAKE UP THEIR OWN RULES AS THEY GO ALONG! AS FOR YOU D1, I WOULDN'T TAKE IT IF I WERE YOU. YOU NEED TO OPEN THAT BIG OLD MOUTH OF YOURS JUST A LITTLE MORE! :D . HAPPY RACING NEXT WEEK, RIGHT! LOL! :-B

DOR 58 FIGURE 8
09-10-2006, 09:21 PM
Oh D2, You know me better then that! :lol: I already did!!!!!!! :mad:
The Riverhead Office will be reading about it first thing Monday Morning!! And I KNOW they will be back to me shortly after that.

W. J.
09-10-2006, 10:30 PM
and Jessica Cohan #8 and Jessica Larsen#29, in the Blunderbusts, will soon have to deal with the same BS if something isn't done now!
Unfortunately, on some level, they already have, but from their 'fellow competitors', which is just as sad.

allhailunc
09-11-2006, 05:31 AM
Hey Dor, don't worry about it. What's a visit to the Principal's office (lol). I guess certain people aren't on any sort of Christmas list and get the "Royal" treatment (and they wonder why car counts are so low??? :( )

cuzzzy59
09-11-2006, 08:56 AM
I'm so glad you said something Dor. I've been on this thing all day about the red flag deal in the mods the other night. Favoritism does run wild there in all divisions, and no moderator on here can deny this. I've come to realize that it is time to give it all up as my favorite hobby, because it is so sickening to be treated the way all of us are. "The rich get richer" :mad:

Tower Man
09-11-2006, 09:01 AM
Okay, let's keep my daughter out of this. She starts in the back because she wants too. She lacks the experience to start up front. Although she has improved considerably, she by no means can start in the front row.

Battling the issue here will only make the matter worse. Imagine starting last, one lap down before the race starts. It could happen. Whatever the reason, right, wrong or indifferent, deal with it. Prove them wrong on the track. Not on this message board. And forget the letter writing. That only upsets people more. Believe me, I know!

LongIslandJam
09-11-2006, 02:12 PM
I agree Joe,

The key to proving someone wrong, is just doing that... Beating them on the track... When you do that, you finally earn the respect. I'm not taking a side in this quarrel, but sometimes actions speak far better than words.

vsmidge68
09-11-2006, 06:23 PM
JA, I agee. Marissa went to Mountain and does very well, for a (GIRL) that is. Come on, Peggy Smith went through that and proved them wrong years back. She was as good as any of the BOYS??? P.S. Don't let it get you down, prove them wrong with a capital W. Good luck!!

The Bullfather
09-11-2006, 08:06 PM
Peggy Smith car runs the TVMS, the guy actually had the old 85' mod going pretty good at Thompson. The car is in Fran's pictures, it's re-numbered 7, still black with red interior.

fastgal
09-11-2006, 09:32 PM
I'm glad cuzzy says favoritism in his posts, because they got that when the #23 Charger was able to keep his win when the car was found with illegal parts, which were confiscated. As far as starting up front, I cannot comment because I don't follow the 8's. With titles on the line, the thought was probably on the side of caution not whether a gal can or can't drive. There have been too many instances of drivers not ready to start up front getting in wrecks this year. I'm speaking out of speculation and the only way to prove them wrong is to start 12th and finish 6th, rather than start 1st and finish 12th. I'm not picking sides, but giving a reason why they might have done it.

ectthunder
09-11-2006, 11:32 PM
Welcome To Riverhead!!!!!!

cuzzzy59
09-12-2006, 08:26 AM
Hey fastgal let me set the record straight,#23 was found to have "altered" parts on his car as well as #81 and probably a few more I'm sure. But what you fail to realize is the car was bought "AS IS", WITH WHAT DANNY RAN IT WITH. Being rookies in the racing game, they thought all was ok. The night the "parts" were impounded, I went up and questioned why if the car ran for 10 years like this, why now is it a problem??? So yes, there is favoritism at Riverhead, and it's not in the #23 pits, that's for sure. :wave:

fastgal
09-12-2006, 09:17 PM
I figured if the officials let you slide in tech, which is their choice, means they are not out to screw you. From the outside looking in, it looks like your guys got a break, in the same way the officials thought to use discretion when some rookies start up front. Use yours as a example, start in the back with radios or prove them wrong and start up front without them and look at the outcome. Your car is a proven machine, with a driver who is learning along the way. If the officials felt he wasnt ready, either with or without radios, I believe he would have been in the back. It's only speculation in how they decide, but don't be so negative. There are a couple of drivers who should have gotten front row starts this season who didn't, as well as some, who to be honest, don't deserve to be out there at all, have gotten multiple shots at it only to wreck.

RACENUT
09-12-2006, 10:35 PM
Dorothea, You Said You Wanted To Start Last, Well You Got What You Wanted, What's The Problem?

DOR 58 FIGURE 8
09-12-2006, 10:35 PM
OK, First of all, I am not afraid of the Principal's office, Don't care that I'm not on their Christmas list for their "ROYAL" treatment!
Joe, I'm not saying you are wrong but, look at your signature, if that's not the truth. I can't change their call they made Saturday Night, but when Jessica feels she is good enough and talks to you about it, and you think it might be a good time for her to start on the pole, I think that even you would be upset if they told her that she couldn't because that's not what they think. Meanwhile, their real reason is because she's a girl. So yeah, I can't change what was, but I'm hoping to change things for the rest of the girls and make it easier for her when she feels the time is right.
And as for proving them wrong, Race Procedures should be followed for Every Driver, Not just their favorites, or the men! :mad: The first race I ran this year, I started 16th, last, and finished 10th. The 2nd race I started 17th, last, and finished 11th. The 3rd race I started 16th and didn't finish due to a flat, you didn't think they would wait for me, now do you, so I finished 11th again, but I probably still would have finished there if I didn't get the flat. Now 17 Figure 8 cars on the last Double Point night, you tell me what kind of race that was, and I was trying to stay out of the way of the guys that are in the points. And I'm NOT saying I raced like Tommy, Roger, George or Kenny, and yeah, I know I made some mistakes, but I don't think that Rookies have the same experience that they do. Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought I kinda proved myself in those 3 races the same as any other new racer would have, to have their 4th race on the pole. For the 4th race I ran, I started second to last, but waved Roger on, and fininshed 10th.
"Imagine starting last, one lap down before the race starts. It could happen."
Oh, I already thought about that (also Kenny) and I said that to Bill, and his response was, "What would make me think that?" ":rolleyes:" was my response.
"With titles on the line, the thought was probably on the side of caution, not whether a gal can or can't drive." OK, like I said in my first post, I didn't want to start on the pole that night, so close to the end of the point season, but when I wasn't where I should have been, I wanted to find out the reason, even though I knew what it was. I can "Totally" understand that if they would have said that, But Jim was way too Quick to answer that I wasn't good enough.

And as far as Peggy and Marissa, I'm REALLY PROUD of them both, for what they have been able to accomplished!! You Go Girls!! :applause: :drool: :cheers: But I can't afford to run a Modified, and I really do like the figure 8's and there aren't any other places we can afford to travel to.

The Bullfather
09-12-2006, 10:38 PM
How long before this thread is closed? Enough bashing, you can complain all day and night, but gets you nowhere! Unless, you get together and say something as a whole! Complaining on this message board will only get us a visit to princinpal office! We're hear for you to voice your opinion but bashing something without actions will get you nowhere!

DOR 58 FIGURE 8
09-12-2006, 10:56 PM
Fastgal, not sure what you are talking about? I don't have radios. Or the tech thing, motor is already sealed and everything else is legal? You can check it any time you want. In the figure 8's, starts go 100% on handicapping because we don't run heats. So the drivers who have had good finishes wouldn't start on the pole. Racenut it's the principal. Would you like to be told that you or your driver aren't good enough?

fastgal
09-13-2006, 03:02 AM
Cuzzzy has a issue with the officials and I think if he took another look at it, maybe he wouldn't be so negative towards them. I used the car he is involved with which had a problem and they kept the win, but lost the parts in question. I don't look at that as the officials are there to screw you. It is a thankless job, where in most cases they are looked upon as the bad guys.

fisherman
09-13-2006, 06:16 AM
Hey Dor, start last, use your bumper and move the guys out of your way to the front, just like some of the guys do.
p.s. This week you will be starting on Rte 58, 5laps down :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :help: :help:

Tower Man
09-13-2006, 10:36 AM
Bullfather, I couldn't agree more.

W. J.
09-13-2006, 11:27 AM
It's all been said here, in some cases, a little too much; in some, irresponsibly, so we are closing the thread. Let's move on and prove the theories postulated here on the track. ;)