PDA

View Full Version : Question about adding a Fuel Cell to a Ranger

jtjr099
09-11-2006, 09:38 PM
Hope someone can help me with this. When removing the stock fuel tank and adding a fuel cell, will this create a problem with the system not being pressurized. If so how do you get around this. Also should I be looking for any other issues when doing this.

Thanks
Joe

richardpetey
09-12-2006, 08:47 PM
I was gonna put a fuel cell in my truck also, until I noticed the position of the tank......................... :drool:
It was right behind the driver and in front of the LR wheel, an ideal place for weight and it was made that way from the factory.......................... :applause:
Not only was the tank located perfectly, it contained the electric fuel pump, which would have been a nightmare to remove and install in a cell made for an external mechanical fuel pump......................... :rolleyes:
I'm not sure where the tank is located on a ford truck, but if it is in the same approximate location, I'd leave it.................................... :D
Even if you put an aftermarket fuel cell in, the rules won't let you move it around, you have to center it in the truck bed, which would not be to your advantage............................... :cool:
UNCLE PETEY............................. :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

RacinRob
09-12-2006, 10:01 PM
Mr. Petey, I thought I was the only one that realized that was an advantage! I guess we're thinking alike.