PDA

View Full Version : NELMA will have Happy Hour Once Again

LongIslandJam
09-14-2006, 07:50 AM
Hi folks,

Just letting everybody know, that we WILL have happy hour practice the Friday before the event once again.

Last year, many folks loved it, so why not do it again?

Friday, October 20th - Happy Hour Practice, mark it on your calendars.

RGeeProductions
09-14-2006, 06:31 PM
Once again??? ***** I guess I missed the first one!!!!

W. J.
09-14-2006, 06:53 PM
I think most would like more than an hour!!!

LongIslandJam
09-14-2006, 06:57 PM
Last year's race had a Friday night of practice (nicknamed Happy Hour, as it was in Happy Hour format)

Drivers loved it, so we're doing it again.

And WJ, you're right. It's more than an hour (2 hours to be exact for the Late Models), but if I said day, I would be lying :-B

latemodel34
09-16-2006, 11:35 PM
Happy hour is supposed to be 2 dollar buds and free wings. This will probably keep me from racing. My opinion is and it stems from Busch North (now EAST) is that two day races cost 2x as much. Ok, food 2x, motel rooms 2x, 2nd day off work .. it's the end of the year, who knows how many teams after racing all season, can afford the second day .. this was killing the Busch series last year, so much so, they stated that they were trying to make most shows one day. One thing I really liked most about NELMA was that it was going to be a series for us, late model racers, at different tracks, when we had off.. or on days when there would be special shows from NELMA elsewhere. I never thought it would ever be two day shows, it's not practical for most racers, especially those who race for points at their home tracks.. I really hope that when we get a schedule for next year, it won't be two day shows.. I have a home track, but I would like to also race different tracks, but not at 2x the cost .. just my opinion..

LongIslandJam
09-16-2006, 11:38 PM
Friday Happy Hour practice is totally optional. This is just an opportunity for folks to get more practice at an unfamiliar track.

It's a one day show still, and I stand by that philosophy too. However, for those who want to do a little more, I will give them that option, so that they can improve and produce better racing.

Latemodel11A
09-18-2006, 12:47 PM
JA,
What time will practice be on Friday 10/20 ?

Thanks,

Tony Volpe
Late Model #11A

LongIslandJam
09-18-2006, 03:41 PM
Tentative Friday schedule:

Pits Open: 5PM
Practice: 6PM-9PM ($10 pit admission/grandstands free)
LM Practice: 6PM-7PM
Other divisions Practice: 7PM-8PM
LM Practice: 8PM-9PM

latemodel34
09-26-2006, 12:28 AM
Do We Have A Schedule For The Race Day Yet? Track Opening, Pits, Inspection, Practice? Thanks, Rob.