PDA

View Full Version : Great Crowd Saturday Night

WEEZER
09-17-2006, 08:27 PM
Nice to see a FULL house saturday at the head, I forgot what it's like to find a parking spot or look for a seat in the stands, that's good for us fans and our track. Good SPT and BB race, can't say the same for the chargers, the Turn I Cowboys summed it up best with the "BORING" sign and what was up with the flagger trying to tell the car to get off the track after he blew his motor and not even putting out the yellow? Eventually it did come out after half the field spun out in the oil.
Nice to see lots of kids in the stands, breeds new blood, and I think they were treated to an AWESOME demo, car and bus. Probably the best show of the night, my hats off to the car demo guys, some unreal hitting out there.
Hey GRAVEL, what happened to the killer bee car, I heard carb problems? Oh well.

The Bullfather
09-17-2006, 08:31 PM
Yes, good crowd, the SPT and BB had a good race, I enjoyed the joke's over the PA during the Chargers, that about all. lol

Man, I hope next season everyone get past the caution fever they had this season in the Charger division. Suprised we didn't see more car overheating in the main features this season.

Man there was some boats in the Demo derby!!! I was pits setting up the nights interview and buses roll out and next thing I know people are coming through the pit gates because it was over. The Bus semo didn't seem like it lasted too long.

W. J.
09-17-2006, 08:55 PM
Yes, weezer, the killer bee car did have carb problems.

allhailunc
09-18-2006, 05:28 AM
I'd sure like to "shoot" the guy that bought Finan that joke book. Man they were some "stinkers", but they still got some good laughs. :lol:

LongIslandJam
09-18-2006, 07:36 AM
The Bullfather and I asked Bob where's the jokes and we got them... Man... Sometimes we should be careful what we wish for LOL

Indeed I was shocked at the crowd size. For a night which was during the school year and didn't have the top guns like Mods or Late Models, that was one hell of a turnout.

I wonder if allhailunc told everyone white castle was going to be at the track? LOL

Gravel
09-18-2006, 06:03 PM
Yeah, Weezer, The "Bee" had carb problems. One of the needle valves in the carb went bad. Sucks because I think he had a car that could've won. Who knows, maybe I'll come back next year. Gotta see how the shoulder heals. So far, so good.

The Bullfather
09-18-2006, 09:13 PM
After the demo derby I believe The Killer Bee was firing, I could see the stacks light up all the way down pit raod. He might have been able to fire it, but keeping it going is another story.

allhailunc
09-19-2006, 05:20 AM
Nah JA, we told as few as possible :rolleyes: had to dodge a few "bullets" :lol: had a good time, though I'd love to kill whomever taught those kids the "Beer Run" song. :lol: :lol:

kevinriv24
09-19-2006, 04:23 PM
The crowd was definitely good. Maybe if we had longer races, there would be sustained crowd numbers and better racing, because the guys would be able to be patient instead of racing a shootout. Who knows, but we need crowds that size all the time.

The Bullfather
09-19-2006, 05:24 PM
At times it seemed the Mods were caution pluaged, but note I think the worst this season was the Charger division. Not the competition but the lack of patience of many driver this year. How many time did we have caution before lap 3? It seemed pathic at times, and a damn shame, but I know the chargers can go at Riverhead, it not a question of to much horsepower for the small bullring as the mods seem to be through upon by many. I do love the mods the most, but wish we had a large facility for them on Long Island. Even the Late Models can go with a problem, there much faster then the charger division. So I don't think the question is lenth of the races, as we had extra distance and it always seems the Blunderbust are the ones to go caution free at the end of the season.:O)

W. J.
09-19-2006, 07:50 PM
The crowd was large A.) because there was a demo & B.) because there were 4 championships on the line. A was the greater of the two reasons.