PDA

View Full Version : Starting line ups

stewy
09-18-2006, 06:53 AM
Could someone inform me on how the starting line ups are decided from week to week?

Thanks,
Stewy

EricaR
09-18-2006, 06:57 AM
MOUNTAIN SPEEDWAY HANDICAPPING

1- Handicapping points are the driver’s total points for the previous three events, sorted in ascending order (lowest to highest)
a. 110 points (equal to a heat and feature win) will be assessed for any missed event, a no show, or a disqualification.
b. A driver that has mechanical failure or wrecks during warm-ups and cannot compete in both heat and feature will be given 0 handicapping points for that weeks events.
2- Any driver able to take a green flag lap will be considered as having competed in the event. The points received for competing in the event will be used for handicapping. They will not be charged the max. points for the week.

3- Drivers are highlighted on the handicapping list as they register. Drivers that race in more than one division are handicapped separately for each division.

4- New drivers are added to the bottom of the handicapping list, in the order that they register.

5- Heat race handicapping ends 45 minutes before the start of the drivers meeting. Any late arriving drivers will be added to the rear of the heat race line up.

6- Heat and feature line ups will be determined by the handicapping points for all qualifying drivers, lowest to highest.

7- The driver 1st highlighted on the handicapping list has the pole for heat 1, the second has the pole for heat 2, etc….

8- The top 5 finishers from each of the heats qualify into the feature, and will be lined up according to handicapping.
a. The previous weeks feature race winner will be lined up behind all handicapped qualifiers. (If any new drivers finish in the top 5 of their heat race, the winner from the previous week will start ahead of the new drivers.)

9- The remainder of the line up will set based on heat race results and are lined up after the handicapped and qualified cars. (EX. There were 2 heat races for this weeks event. The top 5 from each of those 2 heat races will be your top 10 starters. 11th position will be the driver who finished 6th in the 1st heat, 12th place will be the driver that finished 6th in the second heat. 13th position will be the driver that finished 7th in the 1st heat, 14th position will be the driver that finished 7th in the 2nd heat…)

10- Any driver that has mechanical failure and does not start the heat race but does compete in the feature will be given 0 points for the heat race, and points for the feature based on their finish.

11- If there is a tie in handicapping points, the driver that has competed in the most events will be listed first on the handicapping list.

EricaR
09-18-2006, 07:07 AM
If you need some more clarification, let me know! Erica

stewy
09-18-2006, 07:18 AM
I wasn't looking for clarification, just wondering how it is done, since I didn't know how it is done.

Thanks