PDA

View Full Version : Seekonk and the trucks

tstiles
09-20-2006, 01:56 PM
Who wants to go to Seekonk with their truck? There is a 3 day event, Oct 6th, 7th, and 8th. I spoke to an official on the phone today. They run 4 cyl and 8cyls trucks. I asked if we could come. He said yes. Practice is all day on that Fri. I asked him about their trucks. He said the 4cyl were really fast, but since they allow the 305 ci, the 8's have been woopin' up on all the 4cyls. He also said that they are using 538 gears in 3rd gear in the 8cyl. For more info, Google Seekonk's web site... P.S. Seekonk is 59 miles from the New London ferry, but the ferry should wear a mask and hold up a pistol for the rates they charge... lol. But who says racing was cheap...

art11758
09-20-2006, 02:12 PM
Right on about the ferry prices! Time wise it is a wash to Seekonk. I've done it both ways and find the "rest" you get on the ferry about the only influencing factor. While you are up there try your hand at the "slick track" at the gran prix behind the Hampton Inn......what a blast!! Tell your spectating friends to bring folding chairs too, it is the way to be comfy at the track.