PDA

View Full Version : Charger video correction

FURacing
09-22-2006, 12:31 AM
Good video of the last laps of 9-16 race...just two corrections...Chris was climbing the fence to salute one of his main sponsors (guy holding flag), who comes in week in and week out to support him, as well help with getting the car back out there during the week...also, Chris didn't do a Greg Kleila, Kleila did a Chris Turbush...let's remember who climbed the turn 1 fence first to salute those boys last year...by the way Bub, congrats on a great year overall

Turn2Guru
09-22-2006, 01:24 PM
Just a note for the record. Two years ago Greg was dared to climb the fence if he won the race that night. Well he won, and he stopped in the middle of turn one and two and climbed the fence with a few of his sponsors. Not that this fence climbing is a patented move by any driver, just trying to keep the stories straight. I'm sure someone climbed it before Greg Kleila. They have been racing there for a long long time. However it still gets the crowd really pumped up to see the excitment of the drivers. To all the current and future fence climbers, keep on winning and we'll keep on climbing. Enjoy the off season everyone.

Turbo
09-22-2006, 04:48 PM
Yeah, that's true, Greg did it before Chris. When he did it, Chris was upset because in the beginning of the year, he told the boys in turn 1 he was gonna climb the fence if he wins. Greg beat him to the punch. Either way, it's pretty cool to see it done. If I won, I would do it! :applause:

The Bullfather
09-23-2006, 02:34 AM
Bill Park did it twice, but he was sitting in a modified when it happened!

allhailunc
09-25-2006, 06:35 PM
I seem to remember Downtown George Brown climbing the fence one night (being urged on by a couple of folks on the front stretch), but I think he wanted at the announcers instead of celebrating a victory. :lol:

mafap
09-26-2006, 06:48 PM
In 1994 Tom Smalley (#94 charger) went over the fence in turn 3, the only difference was Tom took the car with him :drool:

hollywoodmic
10-06-2006, 12:50 PM
No Unc, he wanted at then Chief Steward Bill Brice Jr. George loved the announcers back then.

vsmidge68
10-06-2006, 04:28 PM
I think this is the pic of the flip that mafap is talking about. That's my husband under him. ( no he did not hit him lol)

RickFigure8
10-31-2006, 02:37 AM
Yup George was trying to scare Billy even further away from the track than he already was, lol. And I gotta add in the car climbing group Bobby Sada didn't actually climb the fence, but he was higher above the fence than I have seen any other car get in 41 years of going to Freeport, Islip and Riverhead. He had reached his highest point and was actually on the way back down, nose first, when he brushed the inside top of the fence and it kept him inside the track. Three more feet and he would have been in the walkway for the stands. By the way, was anyone up at Stafford back in the late 80's early 90's when Corky Cookman did his flying? From what it looked on the news he cleared the fence, the grassy area between the stands and the fence and landed in the stands a number of rows up.

Rick