PDA

View Full Version : Mountain Website

CJfilms
09-25-2006, 11:54 AM
I have something I would like to involve the racer's in with the next season of racing...

Once the new season schedule becomes available, I would like to see how many of you would actually come to the track for a practice/PHOTO day.

The main point behind the day would be the completion of driver profile forms...photos of each driver with their cars ON THE TRACK...group shots...crew shots...whatever else you (racers) have in mind. But the PHOTS will be the main event per say...as soon as that portion is COMPLETE, a normal practice day would ensure with the remaining time...which would depend on cooperation from the racers. When (exapmle) Street Stocks are called out to the track, they need to be out there ASAP, not when they can make it. Let's see how many people are interested in this idea first, then we can go into more detail about the day's line up.

Another idea...we received a few sponsors late in this season for awards at the banquet for hard chargers and such...I had an idea, let ALL the racer's sponsor these special awards (hard charger, rookie of the year...whatever). Here's what I was thinking, do you like to see your car/driver make headlines each week on the Mountain site??? Would you like to see their photo with the sponsor's names on the car accompany these results each week? Let's work together on this and do something like sponsoring the results...sound odd? let me explain...

The new set up for the site next season will look like this:

---RESULTS TITLE---
yada yada yada
--DIVISION recap---
....story.....
...LINK to the results/fastest lap/hardcharger + CURRENT POINTS!!!

The NEW pages I will set up for next year will be the LINK described above. Instead of having one reeeeaaallly long page with all the recaps and all the results, I will place a link after EACH recap to a separate page with:
1. A photo at the top of the page of the WEEKLY DIVISION SPONSOR (this is where you racers come in each week)
2. The results for just that class
3. the hard charger
4. the fastest lap

I was thinking about maybe $5/week, maybe $10. Figure we race 20 times that means we can have around $100 per division to get really nice special awards trophies! And the catch will be, you can only sponsor your division, once every 5 races/once a month depending on schedule...to limit one person always in the spotlight. Kinda like a filler when the Big Wheels don't run, you can still try to get your name out there.

Let me hear some feedback, yes no like it hate, let me hear ya! :cheers:

Like my idea or not, I will be doing the results that way anyway, the inclusion of the photo is the only difference that would appear if you get involved or not.

CJfilms
09-25-2006, 06:16 PM
sorry I had a little problem earlier...