PDA

View Full Version : Rule Changes for 2007 season

ajsyrup
09-25-2006, 03:01 PM
Did anyone hear any rule change rumors for next year, or maybe post some suggestions for new rules. I don't know if any officials would see them, but might make a good thread.

I think the 3rd brake light would be a good rule. The other night, when it was misting during the 4 cylinder race, the only thing I could see was the 3rd brake lights. It really helped.

RacinRob
09-25-2006, 03:13 PM
brake lights in a race car?

CIN
09-25-2006, 03:49 PM
Rules will be out around mid-November early December. Schedule will be out at banquet time. All gives everyone plenty of time to get cars together.

AND RACECARS DON'T COME WITH NO STINKIN' BRAKE LITES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
In the past if the officials saw brake lights including the 3rd that car would get the black flag.

CIN

W. J.
09-25-2006, 04:03 PM
RacinRob, I've been to a track where the 'third light' is in the car and operates nicely. (4 cyl division at a West Coast track.)

LongIslandJam
09-25-2006, 04:09 PM
In road racing, brake lights are common. However, I do admit it, it is kind of weird seeing them in oval track cars... :rolleyes:

richardpetey
09-25-2006, 06:30 PM
What's next? Airbags, hehe................... :eek:
UNCLE PETEY................ :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Richie
09-25-2006, 07:08 PM
They need a light under the dash shining on the gas peddle so they can go, not stop.

W. J.
09-25-2006, 08:20 PM
What's next? Airbags, hehe................... :eek:
UNCLE PETEY................ :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
SOME cars come with them located IN the driver's seat, LOL.

WEEZER
09-25-2006, 10:02 PM
But W.J. that would be Bad air bag???? And hey Mr. Petey, what's this I heard about you winning something at oswego, congrats man!!

CIN
09-26-2006, 08:31 AM
Hey maybe "On Star Navigation Systems" so they can find their way around the track.... :D

art11758
09-26-2006, 09:41 AM
Pretty funny stuff! For those who still flat tow and need a brake light, just cut in a simple toggle switch either at the light or at the switch (top of the brake pedal arm in most instances) to eliminate any troubles. I wish enduros road raced.........

ajsyrup
09-26-2006, 10:57 AM
Isn't it a rule at Mountain Speedway to have the 3rd brake light? There were 3 or 4 cars on Sat. that had them. If it's illegal, how come they didn't get in any trouble for them??

Also, what was with people stripping cars at the track on Sat.? I thought that was totally against the rules?????

W. J.
09-26-2006, 10:58 AM
Billy B. tried to get NEETS a road race at Englishtown, but the deal fell through. I have to agree, it would be fun to see, as I saw a similar type of cars run a set-up road course at Perris Auto Speedway a couple of years ago, and it was was a really good race.

ajsyrup
09-26-2006, 02:34 PM
I think something is going on with the Englishtown road course. There isn't much progress anymore and I think all they are running on it right now is go-karts.

pitbull113
09-26-2006, 04:24 PM
That's a shame, an enduro on a road course would be cool. I'd have to break the BMW out of retirement for that one.

ajsyrup
09-26-2006, 04:27 PM
Thats a shame an enduro on a roadcourse would be cool. I'd have to break the BMW out of retirement for that one.

It would be really cool for anything really. The Englishtown website still shows updated from 2004 on stuff and still says they are hoping to open it then end of 2005. I was just there on Sunday and still looks the same as it did last year.

tstiles
09-27-2006, 10:37 AM
I would love a road course, if it is ever offered. I'm going and I'm installing a brake light. lol

racing#s
09-27-2006, 01:31 PM
I spoke to someone at the Englishtown track and they said the delay is that apparently the berms that surround most of the turns aren't 'acceptable' as far as safety. The berms are safe/ok with karts, but not for cars. The track is already open, too, and has been running go karts. I am actually in a team race that's running Oct.15th, in their karts, show up and race.

NEETS-1
09-28-2006, 12:51 AM
ACTUALLY.... The Englishtown NEETS Enduro is still being planned. I keep in touch w/ the owners and I am supposed to be one of the first informed and to get a race date when they are allowed to operate with cars on the course. It's the old politics game they are playing, and have been playing the last 3 years that I have been working on this. When they get one thing fixed...it turns into another, then another. The 2 brothers that own the place are discouraged as we all are.
If and when we do have a date there...It would be safe to say it would probably be a small car only race. The track is 51' at it's widest point only in the front straight. The rest of the track is very narrow. Two wide would be dangerous...3 wide is suicide if big cars were allowed.
The deal I started with them was to rent the entire road course operation for the day, purchase the insurance, fill all working positions, acquire tow truck and ambulance crews, etc. It is quite expensive, but think of it.....The first enduro on a road course...ever!!! and NEETS did it again.
I have checked into other road courses, but there was always a problem with too far away, scheduling or "our type cars" were not allowed, lol.
I would love to hook up with a few people and build a small to medium size road course in Pa. It has many ways of creating revenue and would be a "for sure" success. :cool:

unowho243
09-28-2006, 11:29 AM
Hey Billy, how about the NEETS tour at Riverhead in 2007?

ajsyrup
09-28-2006, 03:34 PM
I would trailer the car to run, so count me in. I am sure others would as well. :)

Jaws
09-28-2006, 03:37 PM
How about a temp road course in the meadowlands parking lot???

RacinRob
09-28-2006, 06:18 PM
It'd be awesome to have a NEETS Trux points race at Riverhead next year.