Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions...not complaints...

Suggestions...not complaints...

We all love racing, and all have our share of complaints. But, how about we all list a few things that we'd like to see change, or happen next year to make it easier on us, the racing, and on the officials.
    "Strength and honor"

For the Trux to get a Saturday night race next year!
    Rob Bader Jr.
    19 BLUNDERBUST

2x

Wishful thinking............I'd like the Grands to run 2X a month. One Saturday night show and our regular Sunday Enduro show. The fans really enjoyed the Saturday night Grand Enduro race we put on in July.

Elated Consistency Counts....................

Completely Tech everybody before the race, so there can be peace on earth after the race, hehe..........................
    UNCLE PETEY.................

In the back

I think the top ten from the race should start at the back of the field the next race.
    "Strength and honor"

Andy, if I'm not mistaken, they use a system similar to that at Mountain.
    Rob Bader Jr.
    19 BLUNDERBUST

The track should do something to the guys who deliberately wreck cars like the #53 gold caddy was in the stock 8cyl last Saturday night amongst others, what or how, don't know? Sitting them down would be good, but that's $45 less for the track, never happening.

Hey Mr. Petey, there was rumor of a crate engine rule for the Grands next year or something very close so that should level the playing field some what.

Yes Greg, 2 races a month would be sweet for the Grands next year, but what's going on with the Charger ride you had briefly?

Bobby Pease
    How about OUTLAW grands! Meaning.... NO! I mean NO! rules for our Motors!! ONLY stock appearing!!!!!!!!!!!! Let's get nuts! Go build a 600 hp motor and try running it with stock ex. manifolds, and a Q jet...No headers, no holleys, no Hi rise/perf manifolds..... I know you can get some pretty sick motors out there for about $2000... If we have to build a spec motor, It will be $2000+ ...... Stock suspension and stock appearing motors. Anyway, I have to tell you Anthony, as far as crate motors leveling the playing field, don't forget about SEAT time/experience....or outright good driving skills, that plays a ton in our sport.. PLUS, knowledge of car set up.. I don't want to make this a Blunderbust division. See ya all at Cindy's party on the 13th..

Bobby Pease

I'm with you Weezer, I was also a victim of this and sitting them down, giving them a warning then suspensions for any incident after that. I think that would calm down some idiots.

This is a suggestion forum - NO POINTING FINGERS AT ONE PARTICULAR OFFENDER

1. Stock 8, 6 & 4's - winner of previous race starts last.
    (Now be careful of wishing for that too....Billy did that at Mountain and Ray Fitz still won the race) No need for it in the Grands or Trux - they pic at the track for starting positions.

2. I personally like the OUTLAW idea for the Grands, but whatever the track comes up with, I hope that it is not an out and out "crate" motor (we'll know soon) ...would make the division obsolete...since part of what the track is saying is a concern about speeds and safety, then let the Grands add some more safety...Protect the Front and driver...and I do agree with Bobby that SEAT TIME plays a big role in driver's ability to get to the front, (also helps to have big ones ) Maybe a weight to motor ratio rule...
    I like the idea of running the Grands one Saturday night a month and Sunday....I don't know if anymore than that would be a good idea, because then you're talking more money into the car...ie: tires... And also, make the Grands a points division...would be nice....

3. TRUX, stock 8's, 6's & 4's, a Saturday nite race during the year.

4. Bring back the "Ladies Division".

5. Definitely POLICE the NO ANTIFREEZE rule. Saw cars spilling antifreeze on the track this year. Makes for an iceskating rink.

6. BLACK FLAG those cars that are spewing - smoke and whatever fluid all over the track. Might also help the driver from destroying his car and be able to race again.

7. Might be nice to have an "invitational race" again at the end of the year...winners from each enduro division running against each other in cars provided for by the track or a sponsor...sort of like the IROC races...

Now we can make all the suggestions we want, but remember "Be Careful what you wish for", it might come with concessions that you don't want.

Just my 50 cents....See everyone on Friday the 13th....

CIN

I like the points for Grands idea. Personally, I feel if we have to buy tires to race, then the track should give something back. A point fund is only fair because we all know the payout isn't.
    Also, how about for motors..: TECH, PUFF, AND SEAL. FOR MAKE AND MODEL OF CAR. (which, if they take "STOCK APPEARING" out of the equation....leaves any metric car with JUST a 305.)
    (I did the research....the only metric car that came with a 350 was a Monte made in MEXICO---and it's stamped in the side of the block...OLE!)
    Valve covers pulled, motors puffed, checked over, teched and then SEALED. Like any other division.
    If they impose a weight rule, you might as well run a Blunderbust.
    As far as suspension, make that "stock appearing". There isn't a car out there with BONE STOCK SUSPENSION. None of us are stupid, so let's be real.
    More black flags for guys that are leaking, blowing up WEEKLY, again..protecting our investment (TIRES).
    Black flags for guys that our TOTALLY out to lunch. Inexperience and gaining seat time is one thing. Guys that are out there wrecking the field (I think we all know who I'm talking about) should be put in the infield.
    Again...this is supposed to be entry level, so not everyone out there is Mario Andretti, and those that are learning are improving, but some are just out to lunch.
    I like this division, and I'm glad we decided to run this year...we had lots of fun. I just hate to see it go down the tubes.

See yas next time!

Donny Oliver #58 (55)
    VICKI

Bobby Pease

Dear Vsmidge68

Did you look up 1982 Monte Carlos?? Go to any auto parts store and ask for a 1982 Monte anything! They will ask you 5.0 or 5.7 (305 or 350)...SO, do some more research, amigo... HEY, you can put a 1986 body on an '82 frame..?
    Bobby P

Hey..."AMIGO"...any auto part store WILL give you that option......look in any GM production manual..I have them at the shop if youd like to take a look. And if you really think an 82 Monte came with a 350, then you might want to put the 82 body on the 86 frame (not the other way around). Either way, 1978 is when they went to metric chassis. So yes, both 86 AND 82 are metric. Good luck. Wait.....hmmmm....did an 82 also come with a 383? The 82 5.7 your referring to.....I believe was a diesel....and I highly doubt anyone is running that. And if you'd like, I could fill you in on the "VISUAL" differences between a 305 and a 350 (and I'm not talking about the stamped #'s either).

---Donny Oliver # 58 (55)
    Last edited by vsmidge68; 10-01-2006 at 08:07 PM.
    VICKI

Bobby Pease
    HHHHHmmmmmm.... I sense a bit of sensitiveness here... Please dont go furthur here on the jam... Lets wait till we are in person... I only build a car to what the rules say.."stock appearing".. thanks...
    Bobby Pease

Let's PLEASE get back on subject: "Suggestions...not complaints".

Thank you!
    Where did everyone go????
    www.myracenews.com also with a Facebook page!

Thread Information