Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just a thought

krt5199

Question Just a thought

I think it would be cool to run another FemDuro during the season. Like when it is warm out or something. Either that or run just a female race. This will give us women a chance to run more than once a year. It sucked running in the rain, we couldn't show our true driving skills. LOL. I just think that maybe you might get more girls to run the regular circuit if we felt a little more comfortable behind the wheel. I've ridden as a passenger during a regular enduro (fewwww that was scary). Just a thought. What does everyone think????

here's the problem...

I raced in the fem last season and this season...also the frankenduro the year before that...and if you recall, it rained EVERY TIME!!!! So to race during the warmer months would be a good idea, just make sure I can't get behind the wheel and you should be fine on weather too!
    ________Joe the Photo Guy
    {_NEETS_}_____________www.neetsracing.com
    Co-Promoter____________Email: joe@neetsracing.com
    Webmaster_____________Cell#: 267-767-4923
    Photographer ___________Nextel: 168*153450*1

racenut38
    I would like to see an all girl race, maybe after a regular race if time permits.

Enduros, like football and soccer, are not supposed to be affected by rain or snow (ask Billy). An all female race? A fine idea, but what's to stop you from just entering anyone of the other enduros on the schedule during the year. I don't remember any rule stating that the participants must be male.
    Where did everyone go????
    www.myracenews.com also with a Facebook page!

I DO IT!! not as well as MOST of the guys , but I still do
    Erin Cutri
    NEETS Official: Co Promoter
    Email: bartleye2@hotmail.com
    Cell: 570-878-0769

Wink The Female Race.................

You da women, Miss E....................
    Once you get that truck half-way set up you'll be runn'en with the big dogs, hehe...........................
    UNCLE PETEY......................

No WJ, there isn't a rule that says only men can drive. However, when you only have one car and your significant other is the one who drives it in every enduro and maybe is in the points, that makes it difficult for someone else to drive it without screwing up not only his points, but his fun as well. So why not let the ladies have one other race besides the Femduro?

pitbull113
    I agree a ladies race is a great idea most families don't have two race cars let alone the means to get two cars to the track. It also means that the guys or girls that race every race and dont have another person to put in their car for the gal/guy enduro don't have to stay home that weekend.

krt5199
    I'm glad that most everyone gets what I am saying. I know that there is no rule that says that you have to be male, but most of those guys are in it for the points. Like NJChick said, we have the weight on our shoulders not to screw it up. Just for fun. I also know that the enduro is rain, snow, sleet, or shine. It just sucks for like me.. we didn't run last year because it was pouring and this year we decided to grin and bear it and run. Although according to our weather 20 miles from the track, it wasn't supposed to rain until later at night. I wasn't looking for an argument, it was just a thought. Just for fun, there doesn't even have to be money or trophies, just bragging rights. Like some of the others were saying, not everyone has the luxury of getting multiple cars to the track or the money to build to cars. It was just a thought. We ran, and I had a blast past the bruises that I have on my leg, I had a great time. I just would like to be able to drive more than once a year and not have to worry about screwing up the points. Would you let your woman drive if you were in the top points???? I know that I wouldn't want to have that pressure in my hands.

MORE LADIES RACES PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    VICKI

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Chick
    No WJ, there isn't a rule that says only men can drive. However, when you only have one car and your significant other is the one who drives it in every enduro and maybe is in the points, that makes it difficult for someone else to drive it without screwing up not only his points, but his fun as well. So why not let the ladies have one other race besides the Femduro?
    I was referring to generalities here, not your specific situation. I see the problem as you present it, and I'm not against an all female race. I think that would be a great idea, but according to the way you present your situation, maybe it would be a good stand alone event, just in case (crash!!!)

pitbull113
    Quote Originally Posted by W. J.
    I was referring to generalities here, not your specific situation. I see the problem as you present it, and I'm not against an all female race. I think that would be a great idea, but according to the way you present your situation, maybe it would be a good stand alone event, just in case (crash!!!)
    Just let the ladies race at the end of the day, that way if there is an on track incident, there is time to fix the car before the next race. Not to say there is a better chance of the ladies wrecking cars, but if it does happen, it doesn't impact the guys that are running for points.

Quote Originally Posted by pitbull113
    Just let the ladies race at the end of the day, that way if there is an on track incident, there is time to fix the car before the next race. Not to say there is a better chance of the ladies wrecking cars, but if it does happen, it doesn't impact the guys that are running for points.
    But if the story is reversed, and the guy is in a wreck, and can't fix the damage, the lady is left without a car. If it were a stand alone event, that would not be a problem.

racenut38
    Start the race a little sooner and keep it up in the air. If we go without any delays, then let the girls sign up at the end, so if thay still have a car to run, they can sign up and go racin. Just a thought.

Wink I hear ya but...

Make it a planned event as an add-on to an already scheduled race. That way there is no, "are we or aren't we" going to be racing that day and then end up with only 3 cars for each division. Have the girls go after the guys are finished with their races. If the guy wrecks the car, perhaps the girl can find another ride. Ok girls, maybe we could do it on the Labor Day race since our work is never done. We could call it the "Vacuuming Sucks 50 Lapper" or "Pick up your own Blasted Socks 50" or something like that... No matter which day Billy would let us do it, if he lets us do it at all, it still would be fun to have a race just for the girls
    Last edited by NJ Chick; 10-06-2006 at 10:38 PM.

Thread Information