Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NELMA Suggestions

Turn2Guru

Question

The white flag was waving when the wreck happened. If you watch the video clip, none of the cars stopped forward momentum until Mike hit the 19. As long as the 07 and the 19 were still moving forward, which they were, there should not have been a caution thrown. Even though the 19 spun, he saved it and was driving away. Mike slid into the picture and both he and the 19 stopped, that should have been the yellow. The rest of the field was almost a straight away back, so time should have been allotted for them to keep going before the caution. The 07 kept going, yet was sent to the rear and the 19 could have continued going if Mike hadn't slid into the deal. I understand your view point, so you should understand mine. I was right there and am also watching the whole thing unfold on video. If the caution was thrown, it was way to soon, because both cars involved were still going forward. Watch the video. No one is crying here about who finished where, we are trying to point out possible problem areas to help make NELMA as fair and even a playing field as possible having teams from all over the North East. We don't want to end up with another division with inconsistant calls. Defend Mike if you must, I am not changing my opinion, I just call it like I see it. I like Mike and was one of the first to congratulate him with his time of 14.566, so this is not a vendetta against him. If it was any other driver, you would probably be upset they weren't sent to the back. I personally could care less who won the race, I am a fan of good, clean, fair racing and may the best or luckiest car win.
    Last edited by Turn2Guru; 10-23-2006 at 09:47 AM.

wow......................... turn 1 guru?

Quote from Fisher "mike sorry for hitting you after I spun"

"if you watch the video clip none of the cars stopped forward momentum until Mike hit the 19"

looked liked fisher was looking @ the wall to me

Turn2Guru.
    The 07 was put to the rear for rough riding (his assist to the 19 in going around).
    Where did everyone go????
    www.myracenews.com also with a Facebook page!

Turn2Guru

I must be wrong then...

Now, I'm sure as the owner of the #75 car and the sponsor of the race, you are in no way a little one sided on this issue. Add your three years or so of racing experience and I am humbled to say that with the 20 years I have spent in every aspect of racing, I was foolish to think that someone as good as Larry Fischer would have been able to spin his car around and continue had your car not come into play. Thank You for your informative and eye opening view of this situation. However, Larry might just be a nice guy in saying sorry to you. I don't think the outcome of a race is determined on what is said to any driver after the race. Mike slid into the wreck yellow or not, in all my years of racing this usually means you become part of the wreck. I wasn't making this a personal post against Mike , I was merely making an observation, it could have involved any driver. So you can post your heart out, I was there, have my own opinion and congratulate you on your gift of second place, because, and I wasn't going to mention this but CLEARLY on the video the 7A beats you to the line, yet you got second place monies. Transponder a little misplaced, or am I seeing this wrong again for the second time?

read the rules and Don't HATE

and it was a 14.522

Okay, time to clear up a misconception one would get from watching the video. While the 7a appears to beat Mike to the line, the nose of the 7a is longer than Mike's. The transponder loop is located 132 inches before the line, and the rules state that with the wheel base mandated by the rules, the transponder is to be located 24 inches behind the rear axle, making it exactly 132 inches from the center hub of the front wheel. This is an issue that would have been addressed in tech, especially in Mike'as case, since it wasn't exactly his first race at Mountain.
    The reason I know this is because I questioned it myself right after the race. I got my answer directly from Billy after expressing my concern at seeing the nose of the 7a ahead of Mike's.
    Now, let's please try to remember the spirit of this thread once more, and that is suggestions for the betterment of NELMA.
    Thanks everyone.
    Where did everyone go????
    www.myracenews.com also with a Facebook page!

Turn2Guru

Question

I agree on the purpose of this post. However, it has been requested that I read the rules, so I did,
    Mountain Speedway Procedural Rules #17
    "ALL" cars making contact in an accident will be placed in rear. Any other cars not in the same call at another section of the track or spinning to avoid "WITHOUT CONTACT" will resume the race in the prior position. This call will be determined by the race director.
    "Mike, sorry for hitting you after I spun" sounds like contact. It states nothing about when you enter the wreck. Rules have been read, Thanks. This WJ and JA is why I rarely post on here anymore. It always turns into a head butting contest because everyone has their back hairs up. I'm done with this post, my questions have been answered, thanks WJ, at least you take the time to give facts. I did not see the three cars around me get more than a visual on the transponder, if measurements were taken, I missed it, but I take your word on it.

Maann How about that kid in the 08 he was really something wasnt he ... LoL

Freddie Kraft
    ~66~Rest In Peace JB3~66~
    ~12~ TS Motorsports ~12~
    ~08~ Young Guns Motorsports ~08~

trigger22
    Here is a suggestion for all starts. Instruct the drivers at the drivers meeting that the leader must maintain a consistent pace not a snails pace and not doing doing hot laps pace. If they speed up and then slow down like some drivers I know you wave off the start and put him or her to the rear. That cured the problem at Riverhead when I was doing the flagging. The drivers respected my call after they were made aware of what I wanted out of them.
    Try it and see if it works for you.
    Frank Bonsignore

01Legnd

NELMA looks good

I saw the race this weekend and thought it showed promise. Good car count. Especially from LI. If Mahoning & mountain could get along and maybe if the race wasn't just after KOM, some more PA guys night have made it out. I'm looking forward to see this Touring series next season.

As for the last lap incident.
    It was just that, The last lap of the last race of the year.
    It's difficult for those who work on the cars and put in the huge effort to see the skill & entertainment in the same event. But as race fan, watching that 07 hunt & stalk the 19 for close to 70 laps made me forget there where other cars on the track. The 07 looking low, high, bumping the 19 to let him know on that corner he was quicker. The 19 car screaming his motor at the end of each straightaway, staying in the gas as long a possible, driving out of each corner so hard the tires would spin and rear would drift, but he kept it pinned to the floorboard to never leave that space for the 07.
    Short track racing at it's best. (OK maybe a few laps door to door could have kicked it up a notch.) But it was one of the best duels I've seen all year.

To both drivers!

I Would Like To Congratulate Mike Coll, Sean And Crew On Setting Fast Time And Finishing 2nd In The Race, Besides Getting Cash For Fast Time, I Heard They Were Also Given A Very Nice Clock. Way To Go Mike!-- Also To Turn 2 Guru, You Said The Owner Of The 75 Has Only 3 Years Of Nascar Experience, I Believe In Those 3 Years As An Owner He Has 5 Wins And 1 Track Championship. You Stated You Have 20 Years Of Nascar Experience In Every Aspect Of Racing. I Was Wondering, In Those 20 Years, How Many Wins And Championships Have You Won?
    Last edited by RACENUT; 10-23-2006 at 06:14 PM.

Let's keep it to the series and not attacking each other (I don't want to close the thread because of that). Let's keep it to feedback, I like the suggestions. Thanks!

Watching Coll race is amazing, I saw him jump into that car 3 years ago, but really it wasn't till last year he got the seat full time, if I'm correct I believe he wasn't behind the wheel full season. I did a great championship interview with him, he good in front of the camera too. The kid has got talent, Sean Case saw them in him while he raced a Charger and asked him to sit behind the wheel for one race and it was on from there!

I rememeber talking with guys like Mortimer and Turbush during preseason and saying this kid is going to be good, they agreed he was going to be good. But did they think he'd be as good as he was this year? Coll raced the first few races before Riverhead schedule at Mountain and had the points lead, he asked around what he should do, it came down to Danny Turbush telling him to race for the championship, so he did!
    Peter Milano
    PitStopPitbull.com
    www.pitstoppitbull.com

Thread Information