Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Version of "Stairway to Heaven"!!!!

Best Version of "Stairway to Heaven"!!!!

This is so awesome!!!! LOLOL
    ..Richie Grodski
    TheChromeHorn.com
    www.TheChromeHorn.com | RGrodski@thechromehorn.com
    The RacerHub Network
    www.thechromehorn.com | www.longislandjam.com
    Old modifieds never die.........They just get updated.........

pitbull113

Thumbs down

Did you say best. You must of meant worst. That sucked. I like Nirvana and the Foo Fighters but Dave did that song no justice by mocking it.

I agree with you Pitbull (holy crap, this is a first). This is totally sacrilegious to Led Zeppelin... Man, David Grohl should stick to the drums...

pitbull113
    Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandJam
    I agree with you Pitbull (holy crap, this is a first).
    lol. I guess there really is a first for everything. Has hell officially frozen over?

That was awesome and very funny. Dave Grohl and his drummer are known to do such comedic acts. Ever see the Foo Fighters videos??? Dave is a much better singer then Kurt Coban and has made more money toruing with the Foo Fighters. He's written a lot of good songs after stepping away from the kit full time. He still does play drums for other artists in the studio. This clip was kinda a mock at Jack Black and Tenacious D more then Led Zepplin. And my, that has to be one of the worst songs ever written by Led Zepplin. You can't defend how deary that song is and goes on and on and on, that was part of the point of the performance, it wasn't to taken serious. Foo Fighters has a new Live cd that suppose to be really good and I've heard nothing but great things from friends that have seen them live over the years. Also ask me how many Foo Fighters cds I own? or Nirvana for that matter............none! lol I respect the Foo Fighters in their place in rock and roll, but I don't go out of my way for them!
    Peter Milano
    PitStopPitbull.com
    www.pitstoppitbull.com

Thanks Pete. Saved me an explaination to those who didn't see the LOLOL!!!!
    ..Richie Grodski
    TheChromeHorn.com
    The RacerHub Network

I can't believe I watched the whole thing.. and yes, I saw the LOLOL, which I knew it was gonna be funny. In the begining you think he is really gonna play it seriously because each note is perfect.. then..... I thinnk the LED version was14 mins long.. two of the longest songs out there. Stairway to heaven and Outlaws Green Grass and High Tides forever.
    Overall, good thing to put up on the jam..
    JA said Crap..
    Life is shorter than you think. Don't be regretful for things that you could've, should've done. There's no time like the present. Just Do It!
    Yesterday is the past, tomorrow is the future and today is a Present! Tell some one that you Love Them.
    I wish I was 4 1/2 years old driving my quarter midget for the first time again.
    THERE ARE ALSO OTHER POLISH PEOPLE OUT THERE BESIDES ME

I didn't know there was a "Good" version of ANY dead zepplin song. Worst over-rated rock group of all time. The best version of it is on a cracked and broken CD.
    Where did everyone go????
    www.myracenews.com also with a Facebook page!

I take that very offensively, as I totally disagree. Page was not the best guitarist, by any means, but was innovative. Their beginnings were blues and they evolved into many, many different styles. Next time out, where there are a lot of people and Zepplin's Rock & Roll, Misty Mountain Hop or even Stairway to Heaven comes on, look around, see how many are moving their heads or singing the lyrics [my fav: When the Levee Breaks].
    Other favorable blues rock groups: Cream, 'Very Early' Grand Funk Railroad, 'Very Early' Jethro Tull, Jimi Hendrix...
    BTW: Who, rock & roll wise at the time, was to your liking?
    ..Richie Grodski
    TheChromeHorn.com
    The RacerHub Network

pitbull113
    ZEPPELIN RULES!!!!

Question

Rock On !!!!!!!
    ..Richie Grodski
    TheChromeHorn.com
    The RacerHub Network

heyyy

GET THE LED OUT!!! and listen to the instruments and what it takes to make that music. "Houses of the Holy", my first intro to Zep DYER MAKER.. great stuff. Now WJ, the best record I like is a broken record of Bobby Goldsboro, sorry to offend you LOLOL. God didn't make little green apples. Watchin scotty grow, Honey.
    Life is shorter than you think. Don't be regretful for things that you could've, should've done. There's no time like the present. Just Do It!
    Yesterday is the past, tomorrow is the future and today is a Present! Tell some one that you Love Them.
    I wish I was 4 1/2 years old driving my quarter midget for the first time again.
    THERE ARE ALSO OTHER POLISH PEOPLE OUT THERE BESIDES ME

HEY!!!!!!!!!

You pickin' on Bobby Goldsboro?????

Keep up the good work Dan!!!!! LOL
    ..Richie Grodski
    TheChromeHorn.com
    The RacerHub Network

I was not casting aspersions on their ability to play music. They are all accomplished players. If you have heard it as much as I have, you'd notice two things: none of them can sing, and the music comes across as though it were recorded in separate rooms, at different times. They are not in sync with the music when they attempt to sing. I have no problem whatsoever with any of the other groups RGee mentioned, but Led Zepplin is not my musical ideal by any means. I leave them to the 'tin ear' brigade.
    Anyone who's ever ridden with me in a car (prior to my getting XM radio) could tell you that I have the fastest finger and best recogniton of L Z, as I can change to another station within the playing of the first 6 notes of anything the recorded. Now, with XM, I don't listen to BAB or Q104, and I'm no longer subjected to the recordings I loath. Just my feelings, you're all entitled to yours.

Note to Dan: "God didn't make little green apples" was the late O.C. Smith, not Bobby G.
    Where did everyone go????
    www.myracenews.com also with a Facebook page!

Thread Information