Racerhub.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2007 Mod Tour schedule

I agree, it would be better as a 70 lap, all green flag feature. Jones44, you didn't come to the last one either, right?
    Where did everyone go????
    www.myracenews.com also with a Facebook page!

Thumbs up

I agree with Jaws, we need a good showing for this race [Riverhead]. I think this is going to really be something and the pressure just to get into the show[with most of the locals hopefully giving it a shot] will be tremendous. Myself, I can't wait and glad it's on schedule for 2007. Also that Wall race should a good one, too...

Jones44
    Tower Man, I'd prefer to watch a parade of (counted) caution laps than a non-caution lap counted wreckfest. Of course, if the racing is good and clean, there goes that theory LOL.

I have circled the date and I will be there. I think this will be very cool.

Remember, don't drink and drive unless it's a golf ball.

Looks like 3 sets of tour tires for the days activities + all the add on costs of just being Tour legal is a pretty big expense. But I hope most of OUR LOCALS who try that day succeed at what they're doing. I think it is a great new idea to add excitement to what has been dubbed a boring race. I also think being under the microscope for 2 time trial laps is pretty tough on a local. They can now show boat 60 laps of passing some mid pack and lower pack Tour regulars to qualify. Quite honestly, the heat concept could be more fun to watch than the feature. JMO.

Quick question, Jones how many races did you attend this year? Not trying to be or sound mean, but, I thought you stopped supporting the track a year or so ago with your dad. Not supporting the track doesn't mean you don't support Long Island racers to be fair.
    Peter Milano
    PitStopPitbull.com
    www.pitstoppitbull.com

Quote Originally Posted by BOWATCHER
    Looks like 3 sets of tour tires for the days activities + all the add on costs of just being Tour legal is a pretty big expense. But I hope most of OUR LOCALS who try that day succeed at what they're doing. I think it is a great new idea to add excitement to what has been dubbed a boring race. I also think being under the microscope for 2 time trial laps is pretty tough on a local. They can now show boat 60 laps of passing some mid pack and lower pack Tour regulars to qualify. Quite honestly, the heat concept could be more fun to watch than the feature. JMO.
    Have they announced a tire rule on these races?
    I Love The Modifieds!!!!!

Bowatcher, did things change? I thought the Riverhead modifieds followed Tour rules? I know when I inspect the cars from Riverhead, I accept the Riverhead fuel cell seals. The measurements are spelled out in the NASCAR rule book. Anything else has to do with safety. So what additional cost are incurred?
    "A View from theCrossroads" available at www.pkbooksinc.com, www.amazon.com and www.barnesandnoble.com. Look for "A View from the Crossroads" due out in August.

Ace is offline 8,81 & 88 Turbush Racing
    The new format with the 2 heat races is a great idea from a fan's side but from OUR LOCALS side I would think not so good. A few years ago the tour took away Riverhead regular provisionals, now this year if they want to race they have to start from 16th-20th in the heat race. Who knows the number the tour will take from each heat, maybe the top 10 or 11. That leaves 6 to 8 provisionals for the tour. Whatever it is the Riverhead guys will be starting mid pack with no chance of contending for a win.

I disagree. While they may start with a disadvantage, it is a 60 lap race, enough time to make a good showing if they're patient, smart and lucky.
    This is all being said without actual knowledge of exactly what the qualifying procedure will be. But remember this: some of the WMT drivers don't like coming to Riverhead because the local drivers are so good it may mean the Tour guys won't qualify! I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens.
    Where did everyone go????
    www.myracenews.com also with a Facebook page!

Ace is offline 8,81 & 88 Turbush Racing
    Last year out of the 10 Riverhead regulars that attempted to qualify ONLY 2 didn't. Throw in Hartmann and Tyler both who ran some of the tour last year than you have 10 who made the race last year. I doubt 10 out 12 make it in the show in '07.

Had a conversation with a few drivers from the tour this week end. They seem to think the majority of the Riverhead mods will attempt this show because of the heat race format.

No other info was available as to how many will start, how many from each heat or provisionals.

So let's say we have the same as last year, I think it was 48 cars, plus two more making it 50. That would put 25 cars in each heat, only speculating here, so don't go telling your friends, "Tower Man said this and Tower Man said that...", to race 60 laps. That's like a feature. Cars will wreck, tires will go flat and black flags will fly for "rough riding". So the locals have just a good a shot at the regular tour drivers.

Now I'm still waiting for an explanation as to what costly changes the locals will have to make to be legal.
    "A View from theCrossroads" available at www.pkbooksinc.com, www.amazon.com and www.barnesandnoble.com. Look for "A View from the Crossroads" due out in August.

yeah a rain date no rain outs
    Peter Milano
    PitStopPitbull.com
    www.pitstoppitbull.com

Tower Man said there'd be wrecks and flat tires and Black Flags.

Sorry Tower, I had to.

Tower, as soon as you hear something on how the cars will be lined up for each heat, please let us know. I know speculation has been by points, but until something gets put down in Black and White, we'll all be wondering.
    Thanks.
    I Love The Modifieds!!!!!

Black and White you know the finish already too?
    Peter Milano
    PitStopPitbull.com
    www.pitstoppitbull.com

Thread Information