Racerhub.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2007 Mod Tour schedule

I think the blunderbust analogy is right on... these are going to be pretty much crashfests... I hope I am wrong... but starting guys straight up based on points... locals (those who show will be the fast ones) in the back, not too many laps to get to the front... that is the exact formula for a crashfest... which is why the tour people don't like coming to Riverhead in the first place.

So, while I am going to be there, and we will have already seen at least one Flash event before Riverhead, I fear this race type is going to be a one year deal.
    btgoss

I said this on MSS : bt where does it say in the press release that they were going to start these races based on Tour points??? All it says is that the even numbered drivers in the points will start in one heat race and the odd numbered drivers will start in the other. That is the only thing that has been mentioned about points. I have not read anything about starting positions being determined by points. If they do it that way, tour guys 1st, then regulars, I see your argument. I just have not seen that in print anywhere.
    There's nothing like an open wheel modified

I will get the paper from my father tonight.. but in Area (I think) in the article covering the banquet...it was said that they are going to line them straight up, based on points, odd versus evens... but seriously, this shouldn't be too hard to accept. We are already starting them on time straight up... why not points? Which we would do if it was a rain shortened race...
    btgoss

Perhaps TowerMan can jump in here and get us a definitive answer?
    Where did everyone go????
    www.myracenews.com also with a Facebook page!

It's a 60 lap race, not a 35 lap feature. Keep that in mind here.
    ..Richie Grodski
    TheChromeHorn.com
    www.TheChromeHorn.com | RGrodski@thechromehorn.com
    The RacerHub Network
    www.thechromehorn.com | www.longislandjam.com
    Old modifieds never die.........They just get updated.........

The point standings will only determine picking order.
    "A View from theCrossroads" available at www.pkbooksinc.com, www.amazon.com and www.barnesandnoble.com. Look for "A View from the Crossroads" due out in August.

Quote Originally Posted by Tower Man
    The point standings will only determine picking order.
    Thank you, kind sir.
    Where did everyone go????
    www.myracenews.com also with a Facebook page!

Anything for you W.J.
    "A View from theCrossroads" available at www.pkbooksinc.com, www.amazon.com and www.barnesandnoble.com. Look for "A View from the Crossroads" due out in August.

I hope this is the case. In a recent Area Auto Racing news Lenny Sammons printed that it will be a head's up start based on points...

But as you have said.. it's a long race, anything could happen.
    btgoss

Thread Information