Thread: What Street

Elated What Street

I went down a street yesterday, that I use to go down when ISLIP was open, remember comming off southern state and the 1st block south that you made a right into was to get into the back area pits of ISLIP.. there was a TEXACO that I remember on the south east corner ,, WHAT WAS THE NAME OF THAT STREET?
    They now made it a dead end ct. All you can see now over the fence is Golds Gym lit up. and The parking lot lights are high in the sky.. I had a old vision that I was looking at the lights that us to light up the track...only thing missing was the smell of rubber, clutches, broken rear ends, 1,000's of horse power, the smell of hot dogs the red and white boxes of popcorn, the boxes that held the the clear bubble goggles that spectators would buy to keep the rubber out of there eyes, the rubber still would get it in the hair and ears especially if you sat in the first 10 rows between 1 and 2. Boy do I miss that track.
    What was the name of that street . come on no mapquest or google maps
    Life is shorter than you think. Don't be regretful for things that you could've, should've done. There's no time like the present. Just Do It!
    Yesterday is the past, tomorrow is the future and today is a Present! Tell some one that you Love Them.
    I wish I was 4 1/2 years old driving my quarter midget for the first time again.
    THERE ARE ALSO OTHER POLISH PEOPLE OUT THERE BESIDES ME

Dwight Clock
    Juniper St.

Or maybe Freeman Ave., which runs N/S just west of where the track was.
    Where did everyone go????
    www.myracenews.com also with a Facebook page!

it is

juniper or jupiter i thinkjuniper like dwight says
    Life is shorter than you think. Don't be regretful for things that you could've, should've done. There's no time like the present. Just Do It!
    Yesterday is the past, tomorrow is the future and today is a Present! Tell some one that you Love Them.
    I wish I was 4 1/2 years old driving my quarter midget for the first time again.
    THERE ARE ALSO OTHER POLISH PEOPLE OUT THERE BESIDES ME

He got it. If you came off Southern and turned right to enter pits, you couldn't be on the west side.
    ..Richie Grodski
    TheChromeHorn.com
    www.TheChromeHorn.com | RGrodski@thechromehorn.com
    The RacerHub Network
    www.thechromehorn.com | www.longislandjam.com
    Old modifieds never die.........They just get updated.........

Yes it's Juniper. I live a few blocks away and I often go there to hang out.... there's still some old race car parts in the woods behind where the pits were.... also some parts of the seats and stuff...
    R.I.P Poppy. The best turn 3 beer man Riverhead Raceway has ever seen and the best grandfather anyone could ask for!Tony Mastrangelo 7-10-35 to 12-29-02 R.I.P. 03, 1, 7, 66, 93 rip wild bill

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by unowho243
    Yes it's Juniper. I live a few blocks away and I often go there to hang out.... there's still some old race car parts in the woods behind where the pits were.... also some parts of the seats and stuff...
    You didn't find about 50 eight track tapes someone borrowed from my 56 Chevy one Sat. night in the early 70's, did you???

Thread Information