Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who Will Win?

chargerthunder

Who Will Win?

Although there is no OFFICIAL Rookie of the year in the Blunderbust, who is your pick for top Rookie?

Me...........LOL, he he.
    "keep the faith"

You running full time Scott?

JA..........No, Ronnie and I are gonna go 50/50.
    "keep the faith"

Who are this years rookies ?
    " THE CROWN PRINCE OF TROUBLE "

I'm not sure what the criteria for rookie are. They tend to change the requirements. It used to be 5 races. Not sure if that is 5 attempts to qualify or 5 features.

So this is what I will do through J T L Enterprises in memory of my Uncle, John Kraft who passed away in 2006 and got me started in this crazy racing business.

I will give a plaque to the 2007 Rookie of the year. I am still working on a cash sponsor. This is how it will be decided.

1- Each eligible rookie must declare their rookie status by the fourth week, (the status/eligiblity will be confirmed with the Riverhead Raceway management).

2 - The driver will get points based on finishes in Feature Events only and double points will not be awarded on Double Point nights..

3- 10 points for first, 9 points for second, 8 points for third and so on. If there are more than 10 rookies, 11th and up will receive 1 point. First is the first rookie across the line, not necessarily winning the race, just the first across the line in the finish. Second is the next rookie and so on...

4 - The car must display a JTL Enterprises decal each week on the B or C post to receive points. No excuses! No exceptions.

5 - If the driver raced in previous seasons, but did not compete in more than five events in a single season, they will be considered a rookie. (Exceptions would be a driver who has competed in other NASCAR divisions. For example, Crazy Eddie Mistretta ran BB last year. In my opinion, he would not have qualified as a rookie).

6- The Eligibility Committee will have final say on who the eligible rookies are in 2007.

The driver with the most points is the 2007 Rookie of the Year, and will receive their award at a suitable time as the track allows or at a small gathering in the pit area at the end of the season. Or maybe at the 2008 S.A.F.E.R. Banquet if Joe Saraceno allows me.

I will have someone keep track of this for me while I am doing the WMT races. I will supply the decals when you "register".
    Last edited by Tower Man; 02-22-2007 at 04:13 PM.
    "A View from theCrossroads" available at www.pkbooksinc.com, www.amazon.com and www.barnesandnoble.com. Look for "A View from the Crossroads" due out in August.

Awesome news.
    Rob Bader Jr.
    19 BLUNDERBUST

That's very cool of you Joe. ( I sure wish they had this back when I was a rookie in the many divisions I raced).
    "keep the faith"

Very cool indeed ! good luck to all of our 07 rookies.
    " THE CROWN PRINCE OF TROUBLE "

Sounds like a great program, Tower Man, thanks. Now all we need is for the 'rookies' to be identified.
    Where did everyone go????
    www.myracenews.com also with a Facebook page!

Joe,

What would be the criteria for determining a rookie? Would attempts count against you? Past years there has been no set system per se.

Thanks,

Nice job Joe!

" A Dollar and a Dream"

RIP JBIII

Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional!!

I'm a rookie.
    Rob Bader Jr.
    19 BLUNDERBUST

I would think rookies are determined by the track management.
    "A View from theCrossroads" available at www.pkbooksinc.com, www.amazon.com and www.barnesandnoble.com. Look for "A View from the Crossroads" due out in August.

Since there is no official Rookie of the Year program in place, the only rookie designation would place rookie drivers at the rear of the field for a minimum of 3 starts, so yes, I would say management makes that determination. It would , however, be interesting to see what is done with a driver who has run a year or more as a Charger, Fig-8 or LM driver and has decided that the seemingly less expensive Blunderbusts are where they want to be.
    Where did everyone go????
    www.myracenews.com also with a Facebook page!

Thread Information