Thread: Late March trip to Pa Dirt Country.

Late March trip to Pa Dirt Country.

A few friends and I usually take a weekend trip to Pa for some great dirt racing to start the season off. Usually its early in March when the tracks are still running in the day time, but this year, the baby showers, and work trips and all kinds of other stuff took away our traditional date. So this year, it looks like we are heading to Pa for the March 30-April 1st weekend. Friday night will be a trip to Williams Grove for the BEST Short Track Sprint Car Racing in the Country. Saturday will either be a trip to Port Royal for Sprint Cars or Hagerstown,Md for the Super Dirt Big Blocks and Super Late Models. In the Past we've had some good racing friends meet us along the way, and I just wanted to let everyone know what weekend we'd be going. Hope to meet some of you on the way. Ted
    I Love The Modifieds!!!!!

Dwight Clock
    Quote Originally Posted by Hampton Jitney View Post
    A few friends and I usually take a weekend trip to Pa for some great dirt racing to start the season off. Usually its early in March when the tracks are still running in the day time, but this year, the baby showers, and work trips and all kinds of other stuff took away our traditional date. So this year, it looks like we are heading to Pa for the March 30-April 1st weekend. Friday night will be a trip to Williams Grove for the BEST Short Track Sprint Car Racing in the Country. Saturday will either be a trip to Port Royal for Sprint Cars or Hagerstown,Md for the Super Dirt Big Blocks and Super Late Models. In the Past we've had some good racing friends meet us along the way, and I just wanted to let everyone know what weekend we'd be going. Hope to meet some of you on the way. Ted
    If you can, why don't you plan a trip for early June? USAC sprints and ARDC midgets at Grandview Wednesday June 6 and at Big Diamond Thursday June 7. That Big Diamond show just might be the best dirt track show you will ever see.

Oh, I'm prob doing that one too.
    Sunday Nextel Cup at Pocono.
    Saturday R.S. Snyder 75 LAP ROC MODIFIED plus all divisions
    Friday Williams Grove June 8 Sprints & URC 360 Nationals @ 7:30PM
    Thursday June 7...Thursday Night Thunder...USAC Sprints, ARDC Midgets...
    Wednesday, June 6 Grandview THUNDER ON THE HILL- USAC Wingless Sprints

My bro in law has a condo about 7 miles from Pocono Raceway. If its available this week, thats my plan.The condo works out great because I jump in the car during driver intros, and i'm there for Gentlemen Start your engines. I leave with about 40 to go, and see the last 20 laps on TV.No traffic at Pocono, its actually worth going.
    Last edited by Teds Race Tours; 03-07-2007 at 12:50 AM.
    I Love The Modifieds!!!!!

After attending Cup races through the years at various tracks from NHIS to Daytona, I can say without contradiction that attending a race at pocoNO isn't worth it, even if you get helicoptered in and out! Why esle do you think it's the easist ticket to get? Because thousands agree with me, and never go back a second time. JMHO.
    Where did everyone go????
    www.myracenews.com also with a Facebook page!

Thread Information