Racerhub.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Bobby Santos III in the 3?

Bobby Santos III in the 3?

Read someplace of Bobby Santos III in the 3 for all but 2 races
    Can anyone confirm

cant confirm, but how awesome would that be?
    Pork Roll is very important to me. Please respect that.

2010 Touched Trio Top-5 Standings:
    Linda 1st 381 points
    Tbax 2nd 380 points
    Axel 3rd 327 points

2010 WAS NOT the same for Axel...

Would love to see it. Bobby is one of the best there is right now. Enjoy seeing him at the local tracks while you can.
    A friend is someone who believes in you when you've ceased to believe in yourself

Howie is offline Veteran of Racing Photography
    I talked to Bob, Jr. at The Expo and he said they were working on something with the Boehlers so there is a good posibility this could happen.

3forme
    I am keeping hope, but a good friend of the Boehler team says there isn't much going on at the shop, if anything. Getting late to start prepping for the 2007 season.

Not a regular WMT driver, but you never know....

Bobby Santos III will make his ARCA RE/MAX Series season debut this weekend at USA International Speedway in Lakeland, Fla. Santos will drive the No. 02 Bill Davis Racing Toyota Camery. Santos competed in a BDR ride last year at Iowa Speedway last October, where he qualified 10th and finished sixth. Veteran crew chief Gene Nead will call the shots for the team this weekend.

Also I am to understand that he has hired a new marketing team to help with PR and stuff. Hoyt Racing Enterpries will be getting the Bobby Santos image and name out. That WMT ride might be right around the corner. Go get them Bobby!!!

Fitchburg Fan
    Seems to me that if you're riding a good horse, you stick with it. Bobby made his name in those USAC cars ... Even though we'd all like to see him in a Mod, doesn't it make much more sense for him to say in a division like USAC Sprints and Midgets where he gets real NATIONAL exposure?

Read a paper like National Speed Sport ... Every week, the USAC winners are in the first few pages with big headlines, while the Mod Tour results are harder to find. I think young Santos would be making a wrong move to spend all those weekends at Stafford and Thompson after getting so much "ink" at places like IRP, etc.

And please, DON'T think I'm bashing the Mods. I LOVE the Mods. Just trying to be objective about the Santos situation. Either way, I will root for him simply because of his family tree. I was a long time fan of his Grandfather. Bobby "the Frito bandito" Santos!

Fitch, good to see you in print...had us wondering. I don't think it's all about exposure. They just love to race!! I believe they worked hard for and have a contract that allows them to race locally and I've heard mods are on that 'to race' list. I think they are just trying to get the situation that fits with their schedule etc.

Thread Information