Racerhub.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: The Big "T"...

Rbemben1

Wink The Big "T"...

Just wanted to thank those that made my day possible: The folks at L.I. Motorsports and those who called the play-by-play at Thompson (always nice to pick up the phone and hear the dulcette tones of Mike Fields)

It was a beautiful day, sunburns abounded everywhere. Nice to bump into Phreddy (and Betty - betcha you thought I'd forget.... right away, Tbax, Russ and Howie (Lookin' really gnatty with that fresh haircut, Bud); and it wouldn't be Thompson if I didn't run into Jimmy (Dupont). Steve O....looked for you in turn 4 but didn't see anyone that even LOOKED like you - had the cane just in case. (Made it almost to the top before I ran out of gas.....:^P).

Saw the big green bus on the way out (and it looked like it had a full load, so I opted not to bother Ted....figured he had his hands full.) Hopefully we can get together for the "Sizzler" (Its only a week away...)

As far as the Reg is concerned (I think I scared the folks around me when he and Yuhas crashed on the back stretch, with 6 to go...I stomped my foot so hard) He had at least a top 5 run going for him - he was with the top 10 for the better part of the race. Who had the flat tire just before th G-W-Checker? (Just after the start/finish line...)THAT musta really sucked!!

Steffy woulda done better back in the pits as would Eddie Flemke Jr. - neither was much of a factor at all (except as sweeper for the field.) And Kuddo's to Carl Pasteryak and Tony Ferrante' on their finishes (Top 10 for the two of them.)

Rich

Steffy woulda done better back in the pits as would Eddie Flemke Jr.
    What do you mean be this?

It was good seeing you again too Rich. It was nice chatting with you along with Fred, Betty, TBax, Richie, Howie and Fran - quite a nice little gathering representing "The 'Horn" (no, not Langhorne - The Chrome Horn"!). That move Reggie made was probably the highlight of the race...too bad he couldn't make it stick. What a shame Yuhas had his great run end early during that fleeting moment of excitement. He ran near the front all day and had really earned a good finish. Lots of new season kinks showed up on Sunday - what a tough first week for a lot of good, established teams! On the flip side, of course, this opened the door for some other teams to get off to a surprisingly great start in the points race. This might come in handy when the Flash races come 'round.
    Last edited by ModTourMan; 04-23-2007 at 08:06 PM.

Russ B.

Mike Fields
    dulcette???!!! (running for the bookshelf, looking for the Funk & Wagnells...

broz
    Dulcet
    Pronunciation: 'd&l-s&t
    Function: adjective
    Etymology: Middle English doucet, from Anglo-French, from duz, douz sweet, from Latin dulcis; perhaps akin to Greek glykys sweet
    1 : sweet to the taste
    2 : pleasing to the ear <dulcet tones>
    3 : generally pleasing or agreeable <a dulcet smile>

I'm sooo jealous, you all had way too much fun it sounds like

Hey Ted, any chance getting you to make a stop in Dallas for pick up on the way to one of these tour races?

Sure, the price for that would be $9875. Probably cheaper to fly.
    I Love The Modifieds!!!!!

Rbemben1

"It was sorta round"

Quote Originally Posted by WMT10 View Post
    Steffy woulda done better back in the pits as would Eddie Flemke Jr.
    What do you mean be this?

All:

I think I caught one comment on the radio to the effect that Mike Stefanik's tire "...rolled like an egg."

WMT10:

OBTW - I'm a big fan of Eddie Jr. - there's a lot of folks that consider him to be some sort of wrecking ball...like (awwww...never mind....)

Rich
    Last edited by Rbemben1; 04-24-2007 at 07:45 PM.

Thread Information