Racerhub.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nice helmet

Nice helmet

"A good racer is one whose head is in communication with his balls." - Richie Evans
    "There was only one place you'd find Cale Yarborough's name toward the back: The phone book." - Mike Joy

I wonder why no one else has done that before now?

I really don't take offense or anything... but then again I have no kids to worry about them seeing it.

Good OR bad attention is attention. All this is. Just hope when pits are open a little kid doesn't see and ask mommy "what does that say".
    Bet freddie will post next, LOL.....
    ..Richie Grodski
    TheChromeHorn.com
    www.TheChromeHorn.com | RGrodski@thechromehorn.com
    The RacerHub Network
    www.thechromehorn.com | www.longislandjam.com
    Old modifieds never die.........They just get updated.........

This thread really reminds me why this is such a class act web site, on another web site it was pretty commical to read some of the post about Jimmy's helmut so much so that a warning had to be given pretty funny, i love the so called mod experts over there. Fran, Howie keep up THE GREAT WORK.

Jackie
    It wasnt the comical posts that got the warning..It was the wishing the driver would get put on his roof and the after comments to the drivers spotter that got the warning... Maybe attention should be paid to the whole thread

Big Bob

Cool

I am the one that posted on the mod series scene site i never said anything about wanting any harm done to jimmy even though i do hate jimmy and im starting a fan club fans aginst showtime t shirts will be available soon like i said i never wish harm on anyone:

Jackie

hmmm

Here is your post

" nice picture of that helmet would be on jimmy while he is on his roof sliding down the fron strech at stafford maybe we will get luckey and see it happen this weekend "

Wishing someone ends up on their roof sliding down the front stretch is not wishing a driver harm?????

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie View Post
    It wasnt the comical posts that got the warning..It was the wishing the driver would get put on his roof and the after comments to the drivers spotter that got the warning... Maybe attention should be paid to the whole thread
    Kind of hard to do since it was deleted.
    "A good racer is one whose head is in communication with his balls." - Richie Evans
    "There was only one place you'd find Cale Yarborough's name toward the back: The phone book." - Mike Joy

bucket67
    Right on Sicklajoie.This site is a whole lot better because the folks who run it don't show favortism towards the posters which the other does.Over there if they don't agree with you that's it.

I too am surprised it took so long for that paint scheme.

I find the helmet amusing. But I never pretended my humor was politically correct, and I assure you, I never will.
    A friend is someone who believes in you when you've ceased to believe in yourself

Freedom of Speech

This edit must be at least ten letters long. I think I've met the criteria..
    Last edited by Precision Auto; 04-26-2007 at 03:38 PM.

Precision Powered:
    Inertia Hamster Dyno

The First Amendment.....
    The Right To Free Speech

My opinion is you shouldn't be wishing someone going down the front stretch on their roof for a few reasons..

1. He may get seriously hurt
    2. May cause a huge wreck and maybe YOUR driver will get involved

I really dislike a popular driver, but I really, really do not wish this guy harm or would I like to see him on his "roof sliding down the front stretch". Maybe having that written on his helmut is not cool for some people...but to create a "fans against Jimmy" fan club is bizzare!! Why not make good use of your money and energy in a postitive way. As far as the post on the "other website", I was watching the post (almost posted but decided not to fuel the fire), it was getting ridiculous with "Bobby" saying he was going to flip off Freddie in the spotters stand while drinking his beer...or something like that, can't remember the exact words. Now that is first class with all the kids in the stand...and your worried about what is written on a helmut!!! I know Jackie does the best she can with her busy schedule and can't be on 24/7 to babysit and I think taking that post down was warranted. If you don't like Jimmy..that's cool...but "Bobby" was very antagnistic and was trying to get fight going, that is not cool, THAT'S why it was taken off, not because Jackie is a fan of Jimmy's. BTW...I like this site too!!

Jackie

hmm

I'm just curious.. Why was it okay when Howie was moderating MSS that things get removed, taken down , etc but now that he is gone its not okay? I'm just really confused because I am not doing things any differently then Howie did when he was a moderator. ONly thing different is I dont get on every night to monitor the board.....

double mmmmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie View Post
    I'm just curious.. Why was it okay when Howie was moderating MSS that things get removed, taken down , etc but now that he is gone its not okay? I'm just really confused because I am not doing things any differently then Howie did when he was a moderator. ONly thing different is I dont get on every night to monitor the board.....
    Since you're asking a question with regards to moderating the MSS site, why don't you ask it over there?

Precision Powered:
    Inertia Hamster Dyno

The First Amendment.....
    The Right To Free Speech

Howie is offline Veteran of Racing Photography
    Jackie - I don't think any of what was mentioned was directed at you personnally, I have a pretty good handle of what was going on on the "other web-site". I don't blame you for the atmosphere there and I don't think people are blaming you. On The Chrome Horn other than one kinda good natured jab about security and one mention of a thread naming the "other site" it appears calm (so far, IMO). No one is being nasty and no one has picked you out is a culprit. You of all people know I try to be fair, as I know you do too. Moderating is NOT an easy thing.

That being said, (addressing everyone), how about we keep it calm here. There really isn't any need to say derogatory stuff about anyone or any website is there?

Freedom of Speech does not mean you can say what ever you want, where ever you want. Step over the line and it will be gone. I hate deleting posts and hope I don't have to. As Lou would have said "Calm down kids".

I don't want to have to use his "Poof, Bye Bye" line.

Thanks for your cooperation.
    Howie Hodge
    TheChromeHorn.com - Special Contributor
    www.thechromehorn.com |

RacerHub Network
    www.longislandjam.com | www.poconothunder.net | www.thechromehorn.com

Thread Information