Racerhub.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Modified heroes at Stafford

Fitchburg Fan

Modified heroes at Stafford

Hope some of the "young folks" in the Modified crowd took time to meet a few of the all time legends on hand at the Spring Sizzler this weekend. Daytona 500 winner Pete Hamilton, Talledega 500 winner Ronnie Bouchard (from Fitchburg!), Indy 500 rookie of the year Denny Zimmerman ... all those guys got their start in the Mods! They brought lots of great attention to the "Coupes and Pintos" division way back when.

I also saw "The Champ" Rene Charland walking around. And also Bob Judkins, a legendary Mod owner who WON more races than many of today's Mod racers will ever ENTER!

Hope we never forget the roots of this great form of racing, the Modifieds!

Right on Fitch! I'm bummed I could not make it to Stafford. I really wanted to see the race, but also take in some of the history.

It's not every day you can meet (and get a Flemke book signed by) Rene Charland, Pete Hamilton, Denny Zimmerman etc. I mean those guys are legends! Hat's off to Stafford for making that happen.

Next year, the Sizzler.
    Pork Roll is very important to me. Please respect that.

2010 Touched Trio Top-5 Standings:
    Linda 1st 381 points
    Tbax 2nd 380 points
    Axel 3rd 327 points

2010 WAS NOT the same for Axel...

Yes it was definitely a great day. Those guys talked like they were gonna go out and run the feature. Got Hamilton's auto on a die cast of his superbird. Was real neat to see them look around the track that some haven't been at in over 20 years. Thanks to Lew Boyd, Bones Bourcier and everyone involved for making the day happen.
    "points don't buy food, and trophies taste like s***!"- Ed Flemke Sr.

11skmod
    It was great to see them all sunday a little windy and cold but a great day all in all.

It was a great show of support for Flemke Sr. and the Coastal 181 bunch - seeing those modified legends one place was a big thrill for me - and they all looked to be having a great time. I really enjoyed meeting Bruce Cohen and Mike Adaskaveg (two of my favorite contributors to the book) - I soaked the day in like a sponge.

If you're looking for a great addition to your book collection - pick up "Steady Eddie" - Bones did this project justice and it really is a neat read. I pick it up just about daily.
    Last edited by Goldy; 05-19-2007 at 09:03 PM.

Thread Information