15 - Battisti - 29
    29 - Larsen - 29
    5x - Bader - 24
    01 - Greenan - 21
    20 - Cunaccia - 15
    8 - Cohan - 12
    99 - Kohler - 7
    99 - Aquino - 6
    Last edited by Tracy87BB; 06-03-2007 at 09:10 AM.
    Tracy Chirico
    LongIslandJam.com Editor-at-Large

www.longislandjam.com
    tchirico@longislandjam.com

RacerHub Network
    www.longislandjam.com | www.poconothunder.net | www.thechromehorn.com

Bethel Motor Speedway Business Operations Manager
    www.bethelmotorspeedway.com
    tracy.chirico@bethelmotorspeedway.com

Driver, #83 4/6 cylinder enduro truck

After the June 16th race, the rookie point standings are as follows:

05 - Oliver - 45
    29 - Larsen - 35
    5x - Bader - 31
    15 - Battisti - 29
    20 - Cunaccia - 25
    01 - Greenan - 21
    8 - Cohan - 20
    99 - Kohler - 7
    99 - Aquino - 6
    66 - Brown - 0
    Tracy Chirico

www.longislandjam.com

RacerHub Network

KickItUp
    Just a generic question here.. But say a rookie starts the race, and then has someone else finish the race in their car, say this happens more than once.. And the finisher is not a rookie, but a championship driver with tons of experince.. is that fair that the rookie gets the points? I am just asking is all..

She still finished last!!!

I don't have a definitive answer for you myself, but it is something I will refer to our Eligibility Committee. That is something for them to decide on collectively.
    Tracy Chirico

www.longislandjam.com

RacerHub Network

Without getting any nastier than this has already gotten, the general rule is that points go to the car, not the driver who is behind the wheel at the end of a race. It's not something that happens all the time. Maybe we need to know why the driver change took place. Perhaps the "Championship driver" was taking the car out in race conditions, after the 'lost cause' of her being (as they feel) intentionally wrecked, to check out the car for them?
    Now, on the subject of some perceived favoritism, I can tell you as a member of the aforementioned eligibility commitee, there will not be any. All are equal, and nobodies 'Daddy' will change that. Why do you think there was a committee formed in the first place? Please have your facts straight before you make wild accusations.
    Where did everyone go????
    www.myracenews.com also with a Facebook page!

I think at this point Jessica is more concerned with surviving than with chasing points.......I'm not on any side particularly, but why don't you guys try having to deal with some of the pressures that this girl is under? If "she" were a "he" I highly doubt we would even be having this discussion.(and before it's said, yes I have seen grown men cry. ) My husband and I own a Blunderbust, with a driver who is new to the division,(although not new to racing) and believe it, I have a pretty big mouth and would be one of the first to complain, but this is an ENTRY LEVEL division and we think that "BOTH JESSICAS" have come a long way since opening night and if you run them clean they will give you room. Everyone has to start somewhere and no matter "hoosier daddy" you deserve a chance. I would hate for this post to be about my rookie.....JMO
    Last edited by vsmidge68; 06-19-2007 at 06:37 PM.
    VICKI

KickItUp
    I honestly don't care who gets in anyone else's cars for whatever reason. But if you are trying to win a rookie award, and someone else is getting your points for you, a champ no less, it is not deserved. I don't care if it's male or female, 16 or 66 years old. I know I would not feel good winning something as coveted as the rookie of the year award to put on my racing resume if I didn't win it on my own. Maybe that's just me then.
    If she was hypothetically leading this rookie chase, and let's say in at least 2 of the races where she was given points did not finish the race under her own power, how is that fair to any of the other rookies toughing it out?
    As for the reason she was not back in the car this time, well that's another entire post. (I will add my 2 cents in here anyway). Not that driver doesn't deserve to be in a racecar, especially one that's way out of it's league.. he's threatened nearly everyone in the division at least once, and always follows thru on his threats.. Seems like though, there isn't anything that can be done, speaking with those in charge has been done by a few drivers I know, and he continues to do it week in and week out..

Rule for normal points is the driver who starts the race, earns the points. That's how it works normally. From Nextel Cup to Blundercup.

chargerthunder
    This is not fair to the 05 and that kid in the 5x....the 5x (Bader) busts his butt and practices every chance he gets. He and Oliver are the best and most talented rookies out there. This is unfair to the people who earn it!

I would like to clarify one thing about Saturday night's finish and the rookie points. The car in question finished last. The finish would have been exactly the same even if the car had never returned to the track. Therefore, the number of rookie points awarded to the driver would not have been any different regardless of who was in the car. As I mentioned previously (and W.J. acknowledged), the question will be brought up to the Eligibility Committee (of which I am not a member), and I expect that an agreeable resolution will be made for the future.
    Tracy Chirico

www.longislandjam.com

RacerHub Network

And to add to the above, when that solution is resolved satisfactorily, we on the eligibility committee will let everyone know what it is. I know I want to see an unquestioned level of fairness here, without regard to who's points are in question. It should be a level playing field, and we will do our best to see that it is.

No comment...

W.J. I answered your question in a PM.

She finished last and the replacement driver gained ZERO spots. And he didn't even attempt to get back at the 67.
    Last edited by W. J.; 06-21-2007 at 07:57 PM. Reason: Added a sentence
    "A View from theCrossroads" available at www.pkbooksinc.com, www.amazon.com and www.barnesandnoble.com. Look for "A View from the Crossroads" due out in August.

In all fairness, the man is an experienced Modified driver. Can you say "apples" and " oranges?" I'm just sayin...........this is supposed to be "rookie" points. I think it should be the driver getting the "rookie points", not the car. If a driver CHOOSES not to finish the race they shouldn't recieve any points. Am I right? I'm sure if I'm wrong, someone will let me know..lol
    Last edited by vsmidge68; 06-20-2007 at 12:25 PM. Reason: spelling lol
    VICKI

There's nothing in any NASCAR rule that specifies that a relief driver, taking over for a rookie, must be a rookie. Maybe there should be, but for now, it's the car owner's choice, as long as the driver has a license and the track doesn't object. The ironic part of all of this is that it made no difference in the outcome of the race, so I don't see that it's a big deal. All it did was get the sponsor exposure on the track, and that's what you're supposed to do for a good sponsor.

Thread Information