Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why was 81 DQ'ed

Why was 81 DQ'ed

Why was the 81 DQ'ed?

Illegal part.
    Where did everyone go????
    www.myracenews.com also with a Facebook page!

Indeed it was a illegal part; but it is the type of part that is at issue.
    Last edited by W. J.; 06-05-2007 at 08:34 AM. Reason: no editorials allowed

Biltor57
    What exactly was the part?

We at LI Jam are working to get that answer, so that the correct information is given out, not the usual uninformed innuendo.

We have a quote from Chris taken from a previously deleted (not by LI Jam) post that may satisfy the questions:

"An illegal part was in my car and that's that. DQ. Our class isn't a Nascar sanctioned class so will see. I want to let my sponsors and all other people know I'm sorry and if I race next week, I'll show you it didn't help."
    Where did everyone go????
    www.myracenews.com also with a Facebook page!

Rob Bader Jr.
    19 BLUNDERBUST

Here is how Bob Finan in his "Eye on Riverhead" has reported it:

"Chris Turbush #81 was DQ’D on the night for having traction control. This is the first driver ever at Riverhead Raceway to get caught with the device. Chris hopes to return this week and from what we hear will be allowed to with sanctions to redeem himself"

Remember, don't drink and drive unless it's a golf ball.

I heard something like that. I guess that's a costly little bugger; oops "illegal part"

All it was was a waste of money, and an embarassment which could have cost him a chance at the point championship. I can guarantee the car is just as fast without that thing!!

turn1cowboy
    The 81 was always up front last year and this year. Chris (BUB) Turbush can just flat out drive. I bet he wins this week!!! 81 81 81 yeah BUB.

he was always up front until he spins out by himself.

That had nothing to do with the cars handling... that was just Bub getting himself into places that he didn't need to be, at the wrong times. It was a terrible waste for Bub, because he was just as fast, if not faster, last year. I'm sure he regrets it and will come back ready for bear this week....

c'monnnn cranberry.. lol
    Freddie Kraft
    ~66~Rest In Peace JB3~66~
    ~12~ TS Motorsports ~12~
    ~08~ Young Guns Motorsports ~08~

Am I surprised....? No, because most of the cars out there are running some sort of illegal parts to get "THE EDGE". Regardless if he had the part or not, Chris can drive.... I don't think the part made a difference in his case... you can put him in any car out there and he would still pass more than half the field......
    Don't let all the talk get to you Bub, you have skill and that's a lot more then I can say for some others out there.
    R.I.P Poppy. The best turn 3 beer man Riverhead Raceway has ever seen and the best grandfather anyone could ask for!Tony Mastrangelo 7-10-35 to 12-29-02 R.I.P. 03, 1, 7, 66, 93 rip wild bill

It sounds like the popular opinion is traction control doesn't mean much as far as cheating. In my opinion, this is the worst possible form of it. There are things done to chassis for better handling, carbs that are worked and tires that get altered; then when you put in the traction control, that's a whole other ball game. I'm not saying the kid can't drive, but traction control is a driver's aid more than the other stuff is. The track should not take this lightly. Isn't the punishment for altered tires a $2500.00 fine, loss of points and starting last for 3 weeks? This should be more severe than that. This isn't the first time that this car has had a problem with tech; altered crossmember, altered control arms. There is pushing the envelope and then there is blatant disregard/respect of the the rules. This is a blatant and a totally disrespectfull violation of the rules, spirit of the rules; and should have the harshest punishment ever handed down. Too bad they can't take his points for the year, because only he knows how long it was in the car.

Quote Originally Posted by Fkraft99 View Post
    That had nothing to do with the car's handling... that was just Bub getting himself into places that he didn't need to be, at the wrong times. It was a terrible waste for Bub, because he was just as fast, if not faster, last year. I'm sure he regrets it and will come back ready for bear this week....

c'monnnn cranberry.. lol
    Isn't traction control a device that makles the car handle better and make it much easier to drive? Not saying Chris isn't a good driver, in fact I think he is a real talented driver, but come on?

Remember, don't drink and drive unless it's a golf ball.

Thread Information