Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Checkered Dreams!

Checkered Dreams!

Just wanted to make an announcement here first before I put it on the event page....

Sue Zeigler has been in touch with me the past few days and is very likely to be up in our area for the next event...You should remember Sue, she runs the "Checkered Dreams" organization... CD made a big appearance at the NASCARE Event in 2005 which drew a fairly nice sized crowd. She will be bringing a few sick children with her that day so that they may have the chance to meet some drivers and even ride in a race car!!!

Now here's what I need from my racers....I already spoke with a big car driver and should have that set...but I would like a 4 cylinder driver and a TRUX driver to participate in this event as well.

All you need is car/truck with a passenger seat, so you can the kiddies along for a ride! You don't have to scare them!!!! Just let them see what it is like out there.

BUT!!! I would like to see some local MVS drivers participate! I want to see some new faces getting involved so they know just how much fun NEETS drivers have! (Kunkels??? John Smith, I know you have a few cars, any with 2 seats?)

This will be one of the best times these kids get to have, they will remember it forever! Please help them out so that they can enjoy themselves!

After they go for a ride, we'll all meet up in vic lane for some photos and pose with their WHOLE families!!!

For more information on Checkered Dreams...
    http://www.jackie88racing.com/checkered_dreams.htm

Thanks a bunch guys, we need your help to make this a blast!!!
    ________Joe the Photo Guy
    {_NEETS_}_____________www.neetsracing.com
    Co-Promoter____________Email: joe@neetsracing.com
    Webmaster_____________Cell#: 267-767-4923
    Photographer ___________Nextel: 168*153450*1

Arrow Suggestion!!!

I think the only truck available with a passenger seat is the truck Josh is driving...If you want me to take a child out there (so Josh doesn't scare the bajeesis out of them!) I will...

Also, may I suggest if Sue is 100% sure she can make it up for this race we should give one of the little girls she is bringing up the role of Little Miss NEETS for the day...this is something she would never ever forget! What do you think?

Anyone else have any ideas to make this day memorable for the little ones?
    Erin Cutri
    NEETS Official: Co Promoter
    Email: bartleye2@hotmail.com
    Cell: 570-878-0769

Cool Dream Kids

I think that is a wonderful idea if one of the children is a little girl or even if there is more than one girl, to have them be Little Miss NEETS for the day, why not?

I usually make up goodie bags for the kids for a Checkered Dreams event, candy, little toys, etc. I will get in touch with Sue and find out exactly how many kids she'll have with her and let you all know the details once I get them.
    Ms. NEETS/Registrations
    Enduro Racing Ain't for Sissies

Come on Erin....you mean to tell me they wouldn't be scared with YOU behind the wheel???? Heck, other drivers are afraid just when they see your truck being unloaded!!!!

You may think so but you are...

NOT funny!!

Besides, I've always wanted to take a victory lap!
    Erin Cutri

Well....at least the kid won't be the only one living a dream that day!!!

And so what if its true?

Thanks Sue!! You are making MY dream come true too!!
    Erin Cutri

so this how you 2 communicate during the day at work.lol

I think it's great what your doing with the kids.
    Peter Milano
    PitStopPitbull.com
    www.pitstoppitbull.com

skor20

Driver

If You Need It Joe, I Will Drive A Kid Around. I Saved My Passenger Seat Just For This Type Of Occasion. Let Me Know, I'd Be More Than Willing To Bolt It Back In For The Day.

I think your car would be the most picture-friendly, Kory! All we need is a couple victory laps for the kiddies and some pictures in victory lane!

Pete! haha..That is not how we communicate, although sometimes it appears to be so! He just likes making fun of me, sometimes rightfully so and sometimes I have to be a little defensive! We all have our moments!

This is a great thing to do for the kids and they always have a lot of fun!

As soon as we find the specifics from Sue, we will post more information. I know that Checkered Dreams does take donations of old helmets that they give to the kids to be autographed as mementos of their exciting day!
    Erin Cutri

Cool Kool Kids............

Here I thought the honeymoon was over!!!!!!!!, hehe.........
    Can't wait for the Erin and Joe "Kiddie Karnival"................
    Watching the joy that a checkered dreams day brings to these poor suffering kids actually makes me think "life don't suck that badly" at least, that day.........................
    Whatever I can do to help, even if it means taking Erin on a victory lap.............
    UNCLE PETEY..................

Petey....did you forget what happened the last time you were on the track with her?????

Should I remind you???

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!! <Let's go of the wheel!> OOOOOHHHHHHHH MMMMMYYYY GGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I recall, she said that was the first time you were afraid in a race car.... hehehe!

OKOKOK!!! I think SOME OF US (::ahem:: JOE!!) are forgetting the whole purpose of this thread!!!! It is not pick on Erin day!

Uncle Petey, you are correct...Life won't suck that badly!! And WHEN you finally win I will take that victory lap with you, If you'll have me!! (crossing my fingers it is this race!)

I am sure that the children will have so much fun at the Firecracker Smacker! Lets show them how NEETS likes to have fun and show them what a welcoming and family oriented series we are!
    Erin Cutri

yeah erin, that Joe guy can be pretty mean at times lol. Shame on you, now kiss and make up. lol
    Peter Milano
    PitStopPitbull.com
    www.pitstoppitbull.com

Tell me about it, Pete!
    Erin Cutri

Thread Information