Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Comments

Comments

Comments. What people think. Who did what to who? Watch the video on my youtube channel. http://youtube.com/watch?v=d5iHYolFqUg

allhailunc
    Well seeing as how the cones were still standing after the incident, I would say that there is nothing to say. Oone car left an apparent opening on the lower side and the other driver took advantage.

Two cars racing for the same piece of track. Short track racing...

Remember, don't drink and drive unless it's a golf ball.

I see it as " nice save!".
    Peter Milano
    PitStopPitbull.com
    www.pitstoppitbull.com

It's a shame. We don't have many cars and a 25 lap race, guys are beating and banging and I believe only 7 or 8 cars finished. Not good and only 3 or 4 on lead lap. Guys need to calm down and race, not drive thru each other. I believe we lost a car w/ engine problems and I have engine problems of my own, and the 23 had engine problems, so now we go from 13 cars back to 11 or 10.

Tom you are right. My dad says that it is disgusting that a race with 12 cars are getting wrecked. Also, there should not be 1 bumper on anyone else's unless it's in a racing accident. I think that all you 12 guys should calm down and relax when you are racing. We all don't want a high Oval Speed bill come around Sept. Sorry, Dennis.
    Kenny Hyde Jr.
    85 Figure 8
    1st win 6/5/10
    Riverhead Raceway's Youngest Figure 8 winner

2nd win 8/21/10 Double Time Limit Winner

Angry Think you missed something Rick?

Rick, Are you kidding? I know you have that video camera going ALL the time, where is the accident with Tommy and Timmy? And How could you leave out the part when Tommy drive into the pits and drove into his car owners son's car that was up on jack stands? What you didn't have the camera running for that???
    How about we hear what comments people have to say about that? Who was Right and who was Wrong??
    If I was Bill I would kick him out of the car. There is NO EXCUSE for driving into a car that was up on jack stands, Tommy had NO IDEA if someone was under the car or not!! Timmy could have been killed if he was under the car at the time. (then who would be my stripper? Teresa?)

randomrodder
    Give me the old days with 60 plus figure 8 cars. Four heat races and a consi. Those were the days.

What's the purpose. One incident had nothing to do with the other. Dumb move, I agree. But it's a matter to be handled by Bill Farrell. Not the Long Island Jam and the people posting.

I can remember myself and another driver in a purple car that had Fred Flintstone on the side many years ago wrecking each other, then bam, half the field. Not right, but it happens. And it was settled.
    "A View from theCrossroads" available at www.pkbooksinc.com, www.amazon.com and www.barnesandnoble.com. Look for "A View from the Crossroads" due out in August.

loving74

Elated Just My Opinion

Personally I Agree With The Fact That One Driver Saw An Opening And Tried To Take It. But Here's A Thought, If Tommy's Crew Chief Would Get The #16 Running As Good As They Had The #9 Running When Tommy Was In The #9 Then There Would Be No Issue Here.

So the Kettles black? If anyone knows about emotions running strong after a race, it should be you Dor. I guess the difference is some yell scream, and blow smoke, while others display their emotions through their actions. Both foolish if you ask me.

As for the Crew Chief? I think the resume says enough. We'll know how well the car is when we can see a whole race without damage.

As was said they had nothing to do with each other. Was he right for doing that in the pits, of course not, was he right to be upset, yes. I believe he was third at that point, Timmy was lapped. Whenever I'm in a race with Tommy I always keep a watch for him behind me. Whenever he comes up on me I'm out of the way and he doesn't even break stride. He was behind Timmy for close to a half a lap before the motor blew and he didn't attempt to move out of his way, that's why Tommy was so mad. I can only imagine if that happened to Kenny when he was third in a double point race what would be going on in his pit area afterwards.
    And with the crash with Carl, Tommy didn't leave an opening. The low groove going into a turn on the 8 course is to stay out six to eight feet and then turn in smoothly by the cones. You don't run down the straightaway all the way to the inside and try to make an abrupt turn into the turn. Carl hit Tommy back by the rear wheel which turned him sideways and then was still going hard enough to hit the front wheel, which was an old heavy steel wheel with a bar welded to the bead, and crushed that wheel. Now as I remember it, the so-called unwritten rule has always been if you can go in under someone and get up even with his door before he comes down it's your spot. All that does is shove him up a groove. But if you're only up by the rear wheel you're supposed to back out, it's only going to cause a spin and wreck. Tommy didn't run Carl up going into the right hand turn. He didn't run him out coming off that turn. So why did Carl have to do what he did?
    Last edited by RickFigure8; 06-17-2007 at 10:05 PM.

We're working on the 16. It's a completely different car than the 8 car or it would be much better by now. the 16 is a truck-arm car, not three point. It was better this week. Watching the short clip I posted it did turn right and didn't run Carl up to the wall, last week it would have. It wouldn't turn right at all. The 8 car is what is probably the best chassis to run as a figure8 car, Canadian Stock Car Products, same as Rogers car and his old chassis, Timmys car.

I'm confused. If the 16 is running so terrible.. shouldnt Carl have NO problem passing him??? .. because this is 2 weeks in a row he's taken him out...
    Freddie Kraft
    ~66~Rest In Peace JB3~66~
    ~12~ TS Motorsports ~12~
    ~08~ Young Guns Motorsports ~08~

I'm just glad I'm not the one being yelled at this week. ha ha!!! Someone gonna talk to the 69? He needs to check up for the leaders. He's gonna kill someone. The comment he made at payoff was "what do you want me to do? I'm just ridin". Are you kidding?

LEARN.... FROM YESTERDAY,
    LIVE.... FOR TODAY,
    HOPE....FOR TOMORROW

LEAH MAYNOR

leahmaynor@gmail.com
    leahdec22@aim.com

Thread Information