Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just a Thought

Just a Thought

I am glad to see the Tech Officials doing the job they are intended to perform. Some drivers/Teams feel the rules do not apply and can do whatever they want. Whether it be in the parts department or the starts in turn 3.

Here we have what was intended, years ago, as an entry level division, turning into a 4100 LB Late Model Class. God forbid you put a scratch in some driver's cars and they get upset and intentionally wreck that person the first chance they get.

Last night's unofficial winner was found to be illegal. I praise the officials. Too bad it took almost 3 hours for that team to take it apart. And from what I understand, there will be more tear downs and more DQ's in the future.

My hat is off to Walter, Robin, Elaine, Ernie the the rest of the tech team. Keep looking, there is more.
    "A View from theCrossroads" available at www.pkbooksinc.com, www.amazon.com and www.barnesandnoble.com. Look for "A View from the Crossroads" due out in August.

what was the DQ for?

I think he was DQ'd for saying the #00 has a enduro mentality during his victory interview!!!

If I am allowed, it was reported rear end differential. I know Wayne felt he was in need of a win. He is one of best 3 or 4 drivers in the class. It stinks because he really needed this win and now it's yanked from him. But if your caught cheating you have to pay the piper. I hope we get Wayne's side of the story before everyone goes apes on this board. Hopefully we get a statement from him as we did with Chris Turbush last week.
    Peter Milano
    PitStopPitbull.com
    www.pitstoppitbull.com

At least he kept the trophy.

Bob Finan announced during the Late Model Feature that the 67 was DQ'd for an illegal rear, no details given.
    "A View from theCrossroads" available at www.pkbooksinc.com, www.amazon.com and www.barnesandnoble.com. Look for "A View from the Crossroads" due out in August.

Actually, it was for "an unapproved differential" in the rear, and that was part of Bob's announcement.
    Where did everyone go????
    www.myracenews.com also with a Facebook page!

I'm biting my tongue really hard !!!!
    " THE CROWN PRINCE OF TROUBLE "

In all my years of contributing to the Jam, I have avoided all of the negativity with other drivers and the track but here I will break that streak. I was appalled with the attitude of Wayne towards Jessica Larsen. He claimed that a 16 Y/O female rookie should not be starting in the front of the pack, (His Words) then he goes out and dumps her in front of the field to prove his point.
    This is one of the "3 or 4 best drivers in the division"? In Victory lane he claims Tommy W. has an Enduro mentality???? What exactly is that? If Wayne is sooooo great, why does he have to have illegal parts in his car to win in an entry level division? Tommy W. has come to our trailer many times to offer Jess help..... Class..... My hats off to Tim Gersbek #55 for giving Jess racing room and a chance..... Class..... My hat is off to 95% of the rest of the Blunderbust drivers who drive clean and give everyone a chance because they too are there to learn....Class. Finally my hat is off to all the drivers in legal cars....even more class. I leave my hat on for Wayne.....No class.
    It's an entry level, Drivers are getting seat and track time to learn. Starting in front is part of learning. Every one deserves a break and a chance to learn for the future. No one has the right to decide "they don't belong".
    I hope I can now start another long streak on non-negativity, it would be nice.

Well what Wayne said in his interview," If I wasn't winning, neither was Tommy, he was going in the wall with me". I thought that was kind of rude of him to say that. Supposed to be friends. Tommy' s wife Gayle watches his daughter out in the stands.Brings the girls out for pictures. Why did Wayne try to put Tommy in the wall? Because Tommy could pass him?

Why does Wayne have the trophy? Shouldn't he give it to Tommy, since technically Tommy won the race due to Wayne's dq?? Tommy's favorite thing about racing is getting those trophies.
    Last edited by leah28racing; 06-18-2007 at 01:57 PM.

LEARN.... FROM YESTERDAY,
    LIVE.... FOR TODAY,
    HOPE....FOR TOMORROW

LEAH MAYNOR

leahmaynor@gmail.com
    leahdec22@aim.com

His actions all day long..... wait all season long are just wrong. He truly thinks he's in Nextel cup! I've talked to him on a few occassions and he doesn't seem like a bad guy.. but I do feel he is way too aggressive and thinks everyone should just move out of the way for him....
    R.I.P Poppy. The best turn 3 beer man Riverhead Raceway has ever seen and the best grandfather anyone could ask for!Tony Mastrangelo 7-10-35 to 12-29-02 R.I.P. 03, 1, 7, 66, 93 rip wild bill

Wayne is a nice guy and he offered me all the help I ever needed, but we do race and unless we are yielding to the leaders with the race on the line it's not called racing for nothing.
    Rob Bader Jr.
    19 BLUNDERBUST

One thing I noticed with Tommy, he does love to win! He does put his bumper on yours to pass, he doesn't want to spin you, but he will move you if your in the way. But I noticed during the heat race him and Sullivan were racing hard with each other. Coming out of turn 4 Tommy was under "Fred" and and he almost sent him into the wall. Sully had a great save but Tommy let off the gas to show respect and it seemed he let Sully finish ahead of him to the checkers. Both drivers had huge smiles on their faces during the cool down.

This is Saturday Night racing, lets enjoy it!!!
    Peter Milano
    PitStopPitbull.com
    www.pitstoppitbull.com

KickItUp
    I too, must bite my tongue here.. (regarding Wayne)

Who switched drivers this is the first I've heard of it
    R.I.P Poppy. The best turn 3 beer man Riverhead Raceway has ever seen and the best grandfather anyone could ask for!Tony Mastrangelo 7-10-35 to 12-29-02 R.I.P. 03, 1, 7, 66, 93 rip wild bill

Thread Information