Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Riverhead Spec Drags.....

Riverhead Spec Drags.....

What are the rules of the spec drags?

I noticed yesterday a street slick or dot approved traction enhancing tire is ok.

So running a bf/gy road course rain tire would be legal then, and much stickier then the Eagle GTII's.

Anyone know of any rules or anything not allowed? or where they can be viewed or found.... Thank you guy's, ladies
    Long Island Motorsports Association
    Fighting for motorsports on long island.
    WE RACE! WE VOTE!
    Join Us! or Contact Us
    www.limotorsports.org

Basically, anything that is legal on a street registered car is legal for spectator drags. Like all racing rules, that is open (or closed) to interpretation by competitors and officials alike. Some have been known to flatbed their cars to the track, put on new(er) tires, and win! I guess it's up to luck and the craftiness of the individual.
    BTW, you had some nice runs yesterday in that Jeep.
    Where did everyone go????
    www.myracenews.com also with a Facebook page!

You Were Fast As Hell,and You Make A Damn Good Drive Shaft Too,lol
    41,Mrs 41,42,43

I did a lot with the Jeep to make it handle and stop...mainly for playing, and getting back and forth to work quickly. Originally I was also going to do a motor and use it to play at Bridgehampton, but we all know what happened with that...

Been talkin about coming out and try the Spec Drags and unfortunately, I didn't get around to it, some reasons for not making it was because of the issue with fighting for a motorsports park.

I have to say it was fun, fun that I haven't had in a long long time.

I didn't get to learn all that much yesterday though about the track. I had a push in the 2nd run in 1 and 2, but I think know after thinking about it and trying to remember the feeling it had I believe I would have been able to drive thru it.
    Then in the 3rd run, the road racer in me came out and being behind you do that throwing the vehicle around, muscle it thru the corner the hard way and I cut turn 3 and 4 way way to short.... the idea was I was gonna run the apron, use it to hook the Jeep, cut it real short, drive down and across the back of him and pass on the inside....but as I didn't realize, that apron isn't a painted yellow raised section, it actually is a bunch of somewhat medium little speed bumps and each of the painted sections is a bump...
    I should have stayed high and stayed in the gas.

The thing that really got me all screwed up was when I came out on to track for the 1st time I thought we were allowed to come out and do a little run into turn 1 and 2....I came out, got on it and then I saw everyone looking at me like wtf is wrong with this mental patient, coming out like bat of hell...so I was like whoops, got on the brake and turned in behind everyone lining up.
    The 1 lap around goes by pretty quick and not enough time to really get an idea of is it to much spring, not enough, to much rear spring, was it just me overthinking, or nerves.
    I'm gonna add some sway bar preloaders and add a spring rubber to the front spring for the next outing and look into some tires.

I enjoyed it, the blue 'Stang did a good job keeping it in the direction and not sliding into the wall or anyone else.
    Having AWD, I had the advantage of the leave, but I was surprised I didn't have the Mustang come up on me pretty quick, why I left room to my inside in 3 and 4.
    The TransAm though, he got up next to me real quick, I expected that he was the one to be there if I got to the end with those tires.

But I was having fun and no one got hurt or hurt there car...

The Jeep was the 1st new vehicle I ever bought, it was the chariot to my 1st 2 sons when they were born, I have a love for that Jeep that runs deep, it has never let us down.

I'll look for you guy's june 17th, the day before my anniversary...maybe I'll get a little lucky that weekend....
    WE RACE! WE VOTE!
    Join Us! or Contact Us
    www.limotorsports.org

If you had any kind of a push into the turn, I believe a spring rubber in the right front will make the push worse.
    ..Richie Grodski
    TheChromeHorn.com
    www.TheChromeHorn.com | RGrodski@thechromehorn.com
    The RacerHub Network
    www.thechromehorn.com | www.longislandjam.com
    Old modifieds never die.........They just get updated.........

Quote Originally Posted by wayne View Post
    You Were Fast As Hell,and You Make A Damn Good Drive Shaft Too,lol

Well the last thing I want to hear is someone had a problem with one of our shafts, whether it's our supershafts used in racing cars, trucks and boats or Moms dd, dads commuter, the street car, the 4x truck, the big trucks carrying everyone's material...

The Jeep is using a 3" alum rear shaft. Unfortunately, I can't do anything with the front shaft in alum until the technology catches up.
    WE RACE! WE VOTE!
    Join Us! or Contact Us
    www.limotorsports.org

Quote Originally Posted by RGeeProductions View Post
    If you had any kind of a push into the turn, I believe a spring rubber in the right front will make the push worse.
    The push i had was on exit, more so in the one race with the mustang, where i got up close to the wall coming out of 2 when the man announcing said who's gonna do the body work...
    It's kinda hard to really put a finger on it though with the 1 lap thing, your trying to stay ahead so you have room to adjust the line if you screw up entry, and your trying to win, and definately not trying to have any collections of any type...atleast for me with the Jeep though...

If you guy's know the announcer tell him i said he does a good job..
    WE RACE! WE VOTE!
    Join Us! or Contact Us
    www.limotorsports.org

BTW, thanks for the kind words...here and from everyone at the track

Although on the way home i got bagged for no seat belt..
    WE RACE! WE VOTE!
    Join Us! or Contact Us
    www.limotorsports.org

Quote Originally Posted by SuperShafts View Post
    BTW, thanks for the kind words...here and from everyone at the track

Although on the way home i got bagged for no seat belt..
    Did you not see the story about Gov. Corzine in NJ??? You should always wear a seatbelt, because like the lottery, "Hey, you never know!"

Quote Originally Posted by W. J. View Post
    Did you not see the story about Gov. Corzine in NJ??? You should always wear a seatbelt, because like the lottery, "Hey, you never know!"

The one thing I like about the new cars is they have a constant warning that goes off letting you know it's not on....not aN excuse for not wearing 1 in a older vehicle...but I knew this weekend was a seat belt watch and my head was still in turn 3 and 4 with a couple hundred what if's going on..
    WE RACE! WE VOTE!
    Join Us! or Contact Us
    www.limotorsports.org

Okay, I just want everyone to be safe, whether on the track or the highway.

i thought it was run whatcha brung which means anythng goes

It used to be called "Run Whatcha Brung" but it's now "Spectator Drags" and has to be street legal, which still leaves it open to what you can have.
    ..Richie Grodski
    TheChromeHorn.com
    www.TheChromeHorn.com | RGrodski@thechromehorn.com
    The RacerHub Network
    www.thechromehorn.com | www.longislandjam.com
    Old modifieds never die.........They just get updated.........

Quote Originally Posted by RGeeProductions View Post
    It used to be called "Run Whatcha Brung" but it's now "Spectator Drags" and has to be street legal, which still leaves it open to what you can have.

That's basically what i wanted to know....i don't want to show up with 4 sneakers on...
    A set of goodyear f-1's with very little tread left....might be the answer.
    WE RACE! WE VOTE!
    Join Us! or Contact Us
    www.limotorsports.org

SpeedyMS
    Your jeep was suprising some people. I would like to got a chance to run you in my GTO.. the Infiniti kept slammin the door on me.

ps: What's a performace driveshaft go for nowadays?

Thread Information