Thread: Dan Turbush in Fig-8's

cuzzzy59

Dan Turbush in Fig-8's

COOOL is all i can say was to see danny t out in the figure 8.Kudos to you on the driving the wheels off that 16 car,it was fun to watch

Looked to me like Dynamite was having a blast.You could see him smiling coming out of 4 every lap!Nice job

" A Dollar and a Dream"

RIP JBIII

Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional!!

From what I was told by Dan and his wife, this was his first Figure 8 since the 1970's, and it seems like he's a natural for the X. Good to see Dan have fun, and I hope Tom feels better soon!

Can't take much to convert to a figure8 car right? God knows we could use the cars. I mean... if he can handle it full time

I heard he was retiring lol
    Artie Schenk
    figure849@aol.com
    Crew Chief Figure 8 & Late Model #28
    2009 Inducted into the S.A.F.E.R. Hall of fame

Car Counts

I know the class has not had 20 cars in a long time but 11? Are there more cars out there or is this it?

The 'high' in recent memory is 17 cars.
    Where did everyone go????
    www.myracenews.com also with a Facebook page!

come to fig 8s

Some of the Blunderbusts should think of coming to figure 8's,you get more money in the purse.Just ask Mike Rommeney,he finished 5th the first week out.He said " I got more money for 5th then if i would of won blunderbusts 3 weeks ina row".

You know guys the cost to have a Fig 8 car isn't far off having a Blunderbust you know.

LEARN.... FROM YESTERDAY,
    LIVE.... FOR TODAY,
    HOPE....FOR TOMORROW

LEAH MAYNOR

leahmaynor@gmail.com
    leahdec22@aim.com

Yeah I think the Fig8s have the best purse:cost of racing ratio. Especially with the lack of cars out there. You could get a top 5 simply by staying out of the accidents and picking spots here and there.

maybe get some consitent officals calls and maybe some guys would come back to race on even ground

best purse to cost ratio ... are you ready for this one... demolition paid $400.00+ to win Saturday night. Lets see, how many cars were there, 4 or 5 maybe 6(thats all I saw enter the pit area)??? Monday you junk it if its bad and get a few hundred more or less based on weight. Seems they have the best purse !!!

Hey Ron... so are you going to rejoin us?

Hey Ron,

To be honest, right now I think we're developing some good officials. While they are not perfect, and still got a learning curve, they are trying to do the right thing.

And yes, it would be nice to see you come out and play

There's quite a few cars out there just sitting. Some are close to race ready, some not. Some of the owners can't afford the racing right now, some are too busy with other things, and a few have moved away but the cars are still here sitting. I really don't know of anyone in our division who is not coming due to the past officiating. As far as the car itself, in most cases it's not hard at all to convert from a few of the other divisions to run in our division. Most who have tried it have liked it. And now is the time for others to try it. There's much less going on at the X now than there would be with more cars. Just ask Danny, I think he really had fun saturday.

Rick

Rick you hit the nail on the head. There are cars sitting and some due to the cost of racing and others doing other things.

I seriously thought about putting someone in a Figure 8 car to off set the cost of the Blunderbust. Now if there the rules allowed automatic trannys, like Papa Joe had, I'd have a car and driver out there next week.

In 5 Blunderbust Features, my driver earned $105. If she would have ran the 25 lap Crtomarty Cup event and finished last I believe she would have made $120. On old tires too.

Okay let's step this up...who has a car sitting?
    "A View from theCrossroads" available at www.pkbooksinc.com, www.amazon.com and www.barnesandnoble.com. Look for "A View from the Crossroads" due out in August.

Thread Information