Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MIGHTY Mike

MIGHTY Mike

Nice job of keeping away from the carnage all night.
    Nice to see you in victory lane at last!!!
    ..Richie Grodski
    TheChromeHorn.com
    www.TheChromeHorn.com | RGrodski@thechromehorn.com
    The RacerHub Network
    www.thechromehorn.com | www.longislandjam.com
    Old modifieds never die.........They just get updated.........

Yes nice job.

They way you saved all that time pushing the #23 out of the way, instead of trying to pass him on the outside. Well, I for one was thankful, that race had gone on far too long already. The last thing we needed was someone ACTUALLY RACING for a win.

Oh, and then complaining that Turbush roughed you up, during the 45 minute victory lane celebration. Brilliant. Simply brilliant.

So, congratulations on your win, and thank you for doing your part to help get all of us fans home early, at least during the "race.'
    btgoss

badone07
    Unfortuantely I missed it, but congrats Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by btgoss View Post
    Yes nice job.

They way you saved all that time pushing the #23 out of the way, instead of trying to pass him on the outside. Well, I for one was thankful, that race had gone on far too long already. The last thing we needed was someone ACTUALLY RACING for a win.

Oh, and then complaining that Turbush roughed you up, during the 45 minute victory lane celebration. Brilliant. Simply brilliant.

So, congratulations on your win, and thank you for doing your part to help get all of us fans home early, at least during the "race.'
    Big difference with the 23-14 and the 8-14. The 23 went out to lunch and wouldn't move[finished 6th] and the 8-14 were fast and racing.
    ..Richie Grodski
    TheChromeHorn.com
    The RacerHub Network

Two big thumbs up to my man Mighty Mike!! Hopefully the train is back on the tracks.

Remember, don't drink and drive unless it's a golf ball.

I thought Turbush showed some respect, he could have drove through Mike but didn't!

Congrats Mike it was great to see you in victory lane again.
    Peter Milano
    PitStopPitbull.com
    www.pitstoppitbull.com

Congrats Mike! About time we saw the wild man from Borneo back into victory lane...

I guess we are going to have to agree to disagree. I don't think pushing a slightly slower car out of the way is good driving. I didn't like it when Tony Stewart did it at Daytona , and I don't like it here.

If he is happy with winning like that, then more power to him.
    btgoss

Quote Originally Posted by btgoss View Post
    I guess we are going to have to agree to disagree. I don't think pushing a slightly slower car out of the way is good driving.
    I do agree that pushing a car out of the way isn't the way to go, a few love taps should suffice BUT, 5 cars passed the 23, and in my mind, that's not slightly slower. That's much slower. And that was the only point I was trying to make.
    ..Richie Grodski
    TheChromeHorn.com
    The RacerHub Network

Great Job Mike!

I had a family obligation Saturday and seems me not being there is a good thing...
    Long Island Motorsports Association
    Fighting for motorsports on long island.
    WE RACE! WE VOTE!
    Join Us! or Contact Us
    www.limotorsports.org

Thumbs up

Congrats Mike...
    He didn't bump ya, he didn't nudge ya, he rubbed ya and Rubbin is Racin!!!!!!

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by RGeeProductions View Post
    I do agree that pushing a car out of the way isn't the way to go, a few love taps should suffice BUT, 5 cars passed the 23, and in my mind, that's not slightly slower. That's much slower. And that was the only point I was trying to make.
    If five cars passed him why couldn't six or seven???

Laps and only 7 cars on the track, LOL!!!!!
    ..Richie Grodski
    TheChromeHorn.com
    The RacerHub Network

Short track racing, btgoss? Why compare Tony Stewart doing it at a 2.5 mile track rather than saying the 24 doing it to his teammate at Martinsville and finishing 1st and 2nd still? That's the difference. 8 had control and let the 14 correct himself. Whether you don't like people using their bumpers or not, short tracks will continue to be bump and grind. It's the difference of people being in control doing it, or the people who are out of control who finish the job by spinning them out, instead of letting them correct. Congrats Mighty Mike!!! Good to see ya back in victory lane after some of the luck ya had this year.

P.S. Did the 8 try using the outside to try and pass him also?? Hmm, not a lot of people try to do that at good ole Riverhead!!! And that was before he used the bumper.

Lightbulb

I do think there was a difference between the thump the 14 placed on the 23, and the bump the 8 gave the 14. The 14 really punted the 23, allowing the other cars to pass when he was pushed up and "freight-trained'. So yes what the 8 did was very different (but let's be honest, is there anyone at the track with more experience then Dan Turbush, I bet he could strip the paint from the side of the car in front of him and the driver would never know.)

Lack of passing is not the problem at Riverhead, people can pass on the outside, it does happen from time to time. However when you allow the type of "passing" that was done to get the win, why bother passing?

The Late Models are not alone in not really working on the racing aspect of short track racing. The track needs to do more to promote real racing, and less pushing. But that is very hard to do, and to be honest I am not sure it can be done with the current situation.
    btgoss

Thread Information