Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Racing?????

Angry Racing?????

That had to be the worst display of racing (if that's what it's called).
    I for one am embarrassed that I was a part of the saddest display of entertainment ever at the track. The race should have been flagged after 45 minutes on lap 5.
    Why is it that we don't have enough car control to get through a few laps? If your car doesn't handle, don't try to drive it harder. It ain't going to make it better. Go to the back and work on your problem. It's bad enough we don't have the car count, but don't make it worse by wiping out what we have left.
    Hey Late Models, (me included) get your **** together now or we will be on the outside of the racetrack looking in when they drop our sorry *** from the
    line up.

Oh by the way, Danny doesn't need the extra help to get to the front. He can do it just fine on his own.
    Roger Oxee

Strong words and feelings, I applaud your having the desire to try to make a change, and a change is needed, you guys sucked last night.

I have to say that the exit of the Late Models as they are now is only a matter of time. The fields have been getting smaller and smaller. When a support division draws less cars then the headliner, something is wrong. The same problem is in the Limited Late Model division, I mean Chargers.

The two classes should have a rules meeting, bring the Late Models down to the Chargers on motors, and maybe let the Chargers have better tires, and have a real division.
    Last edited by btgoss; 07-22-2007 at 08:12 AM. Reason: spelling
    btgoss

Was it me or do we need some better tow truck assistance. It would help speed up the very much dragged out show J.M.O.

Quote Originally Posted by BOWATCHER View Post
    Was it me or do we need some better tow truck assistance. It would help speed up the very much dragged out show J.M.O.
    I agree the Late Models did run a bit too hot and heavy AND the track crews also failed in their duties.
    Where is Bumper Boy when he is needed!!!!
    ..Richie Grodski
    TheChromeHorn.com
    www.TheChromeHorn.com | RGrodski@thechromehorn.com
    The RacerHub Network
    www.thechromehorn.com | www.longislandjam.com
    Old modifieds never die.........They just get updated.........

After talking to several people within the division after last nights debacle, the same general opinions because evident:
    1.) It seems as if the same cars are starting up front every week through the handicapping systems.
    2.) Those same cars are causing the first caution flag(s) every week.
    One opinion that was voiced to me made a lot of sense: If you are starting up front every week and are the cause of the first caution every week, you need to start in the back until you can get your car handling better where you won't be causing these cautions. One person said to give these cars three weeks in the front. If they can't get through the beginning of the race without causing an incident, send them to the back until they get their car working better.

Yes Drive it in Deep, I agree with you. The division is in serious trouble. These next six races better be the best run races of the year if we want a shot on being in next years program. I would say that right now, we are one more bad race away from having our ticket pulled.

Just a for thought: The Riverhead Raceway program lists 29 drivers registered for the Late Model division. Why is it only 13 of them show up each week? Time to get the cars out of mothballs and support the division before there is no division to support.

Just one more thing....I know that the track announcer made a big deal about how the Late Model race took so long and that is why they could not do out of car introductions for the modifieds and that we were the reason why the evening went so late, but in reality, the blame for that belongs to the track crew. Sorry guys, YOU blew it last night. It took 45 minutes to clean up 2 wrecks. The second wreck was only 2 cars and it took , what , 10 minutes to clean it up? I understand the first wreck was a big pile up, but come on....45 minutes?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff T View Post
    The second wreck was only 2 cars and it took , what , 10 minutes to clean it up? I understand the first wreck was a big pile up, but come on....45 minutes?
    The 2 car wreck took much more than 10 minutes. They eventually called Sonny in to cut a bar.
    ..Richie Grodski
    TheChromeHorn.com
    www.TheChromeHorn.com | RGrodski@thechromehorn.com
    The RacerHub Network
    www.thechromehorn.com | www.longislandjam.com
    Old modifieds never die.........They just get updated.........

Yea and they brag sooo much about the GREAT track crew they have when they can't even get 2 cars unstuck. That's just pathetic.
    #00 Legend
    SJR Motorsports

Lets not get on the track crew too much. They had a bad night, but the LM's have had Many Bad Nights. It was the 1st time I ever saw a 20 car pileup in a 12 car field, as some of the cars crashed twice in the same wreck. Give them off time til August 19th(they prob need a month to rebuild some of them anyways), and tell them the last 3 or 4 races will determine the future of the division. The Modifieds are by far my favorite division, but there have been times when the LM's have been the best racing at Riverhead. That has not been the case in a long while, and last nights race brought the division to a new all time low, which after a few races this year is quite an accomplishment.

The problem as I see it, is that way too many drivers race like its the last race they will ever race. I call it the "I must win this one, and go out a winner"mentality. There is another race next week folks, at least for now there is. If they can't get their act together, schedule a 100 lap late model race on the last day of racing, and tell them its the last night of LM racing ever. I suspect there won't be any late models left on long island after 100 laps of carnage, and the track won't have any reason to schedule them in 2008.

This is the point of view of one race fan. I pay my money each week to watch the Modifieds, and would pay that same money if the Mods were the only division on the card. I have no connection to the division, so I am the person you should be racing for. Impress me, make me a fan. Make the division so good that I have to come just to watch you guys even if the modified had the week off. Right now, you can't even see that goal.
    I Love The Modifieds!!!!!

This crap doesn't happen at other local tracks. No disrepect to any enduro driver or crew but how much fun is it to sit around a hot parking lot all day and then go race after eleven oclock at night.??? Last night was poorly planned . Nuff said

That whole race was a joke last night. The same cars start on the front row or 1st and 3rd every week, and at least one of them, but usually both of them, end up taking out a good 3-4 cars. Then you have other people who think they are gonna gain 10 spots in a wreck. The 01 and the 08 were whoa'ed up and almost through the wreck and then someone who was behind both of them comes piling in, launches the 01 into the 08, destroying a rear on the 08, and he didn't stop there; after driving through the 01, he still managed to pile into the wreck. WHERE ARE YOU GOING???? Pretty sure the yellows coming out and we're going back to the last lap anyway. Dunno what the 34 was doin' last night, I think Ken is a good driver, but last night he was outta control, drove into 1 way over his head and turned the 14 and caused himself and 01 the get locked together for a half hour.. I was glad Mike kept going and got his spot back. But then later in the race the 01 running in line on the white line behind the 98 trying to give him some room and the 34 turns the 01. Uncalled for, I think.

Last night's race was terrible and with the same guys up front, next week's race is goin to be just as bad, probably. It's all luck, if you can miss whatever accident those guys cause, you might have a shot at winning. I guess we'll try again next week.

Freddie Kraft
    Freddie Kraft
    ~66~Rest In Peace JB3~66~
    ~12~ TS Motorsports ~12~
    ~08~ Young Guns Motorsports ~08~

I really thought Mike Andrews Jr. was going to have a good night in that car too. He looked strong earlier in the night. Can't wait to see J-rod back in that car!
    Peter Milano
    PitStopPitbull.com
    www.pitstoppitbull.com

RGEE Productions... you put in a post about the length of time to clean up a wreck and the welder finally needed to be called to cut a bar and free the stuck cars? I had already left and returned to our trailer in disgust by this time...
    However,... does anyone know why the JAWS ( hurst tool) wasn't used to cut the cars loose from each other? The SAFER organization bought as a gift to Islip Speedway & Riverhead Raceway a hurst tool to be kept and used at the track in a situation like this or one that is certainly more serious in nature. I can't remember seeing them used... and lets get real folks... there are more qualified personel in the pits to use this equipment properly and safely (me included) than you can imagine. City firemen, volunteer firemen, rescue P.D., we are all there and well trained and certified in an emergency situation. Granted, it was purchased some years ago, but doesn't require much upkeep or maintenance. There is no reason that it couldn't have been used to cut a "bar". Thats what it is made for!!!
    Maybe someone has some idea of where such a piece of equipment has wandered off to? Heaven forbid the night you need to cut someone out of a serious wreck... those golden minutes of time go by very quickly when you have to wait for FD Rescue to arrive and do the extrication that you have been GIVEN equipment to have on hand at the track for this reason... and its gone or missing????
    I pray to GOD its not my husband or your family member needing that extra few minutes of time to save their life.
    ANYONE KNOW WHERE IT HAS GONE TO ????

Just run time trials for every division like down south and run 50 lap mains every week. You might not see all the passing, but you sure will see some better racing and a lot less wrecks. As far as the car counts, let's do what they do at Hickory; limit the amount of tires you can buy to 2 a week and maybe some other guys will be able to afford it and keep up with the guys who are buying 4 every week. Same in the Charger division too.

For many years it was on the back of the fire truck, what they called the fire truck.

Thread Information