Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ? about the finish

? about the finish

If you get thrown off the track by an official, what place do you finish, last or where you were? If I do recall, I think the 01 and 36 got thrown off and got 9th and tenth. Plus if that were the case, Rob you were ahead of the 36 on the last completed lap. It does make a difference for those guys who are fighting for second in points. I remember my first year I got thrown off the track and I got scored dead last.

There's no official way to do it per se. You could throw them off and put them dead last, or let them keep the progress they did, and stop scoring there. Up to official discretion as one involves a DQ and one's basically just a black flag.

I believe usually at Riverhead it's to last car on the lead lap.

Rick beat me to it. I believe they were scored as the last 2 cars on the lead lap, which was 9th and 10th. When the 81 was dq'ed and was scored as last, I believe that was for you having an illegal part in the car. Also the 36 was ahead of the 01 on the last completed lap because the 01 intentionally dumped the 36 in the first turn bringing out the yellow, therefore the 36 had to be ahead of the 01 when they crossed the finish line, completing the last lap.
    Last edited by RACENUT; 07-23-2007 at 12:52 AM.

Just a question......When you get thrown out...isn't it for the night? A bunch of us, while sitting in the stands, were wondering if you get thrown out can you really race in another division?

It depends on whether it was "putting the driver(s) down for the night", or DQing them from that race, in that division. Usually, putting them down for the night involves really bad behavior (fighting, purposely ramming another car under caution, etc), while getting black flagged just DQ's the car in that division at that time.
    Where did everyone go????
    www.myracenews.com also with a Facebook page!

I don't think bulldozer was talking about getting scored for an illegal part, (obviously no scored points). I believe last year or the year before he got thrown off the track for rough riding and was scored last. Both the 01 and 36 were thrown off the track before the finish of the race, so how can they be scored at the end of the lead lap?

Well if the 01 and 36 receive points for being black flagged, the 66 should receive points from the 3rd race of the season, when he received 0!!!

I guess the only way to truly get an answer to this specific question is to ask at the track next week.
    Where did everyone go????
    www.myracenews.com also with a Facebook page!

Ace is offline 8,81 & 88 Turbush Racing
    I agree attituderacing. How can you guys get ZERO points for your BF and the 01 and 36 get points? Also, the 01 and 36 didn't finish on the lead lap, as they wrecked with a lap to go.

I Guess That Only Eight Cars Finished The Race, That Would Make 36 Ninth And 01 Tenth.

The only time Eric was ahead was from the 4th turn to the starting line, and that was for 2nd place. Rob was in 2nd for the last 6 laps or so and the caution came out for those two in turn one, so it goes back to the previous lap, in which case Rob was in 2nd. And if that's not fixed now, every driver at Riverhead will bring this up to the officials when they stop on the track and question their position. As far as positioning, they finished what, 19 laps, so they should go in back of cars that finished one lap down but still racing, so a good point of the 66, did he really get no points, and if that's the case, then 36 and 01 should get the same deal, as they all got blackflagged. The officials need to be notified ASAP and correct this before it gets out of hand.

That's correct the 66 did NOT get points for that race, I don't care either way, I just want it to be one way or the other, because it can't be both.

I still want to know why the 36 was ahead of the 01. It's only 2 points, but how many points did Mike M lose the Late Model championship by? 2Points.

Ill explain this slow, they didnt finish completing that lap when the yellow came out, remember that was for 2nd position so if you think the whole field passed that white line by the time the 01 spun that 36 out because its not like it was off the track where the flagman held the flags to wait for them to move, the high side of the track was blocked.... so the yellow came out immediately

Thread Information